• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why is DFP so heavily hyped up here? Isn't it just another pollster?

Like the fact that they have to make statements regarding when planned poll results are going up must mean they are a bigger deal for some reason.
They were the most accurate in Iowa, Nevada and New hampshire which are usually polling crapshoots. South Carolina is a unique polling crapshoot, though. Usually the leader there runs away with it more than polls predict.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What a colossal waste of money this has all been for Steyer. He spent almost a fifth of his net worth on this.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017

" There is a large age divide found among the respondents. Sanders leads with voters under 50 with 41% support. Following him among that group is Biden with 25%, Buttigieg with 11% and Steyer with 10%. Conversely, among voters 50 and older, Biden has majority support at 54%. Following him among those voters is Sanders with 12%, and Steyer and Buttigieg with 11%. "
Seems like it's going to be a turnout game. If older voters have a higher turnout then Sanders loses by big margins.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Seems like it's going to be a turnout game. If older voters have a higher turnout then Sanders loses by big margins.

It was pointed out recently, that in the past several elections polling has consistently under-predicted turnout from older black voters in the SC Dem Primary. I think some pollsters are just reassessing how they weight things given historical trends.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

" There is a large age divide found among the respondents. Sanders leads with voters under 50 with 41% support. Following him among that group is Biden with 25%, Buttigieg with 11% and Steyer with 10%. Conversely, among voters 50 and older, Biden has majority support at 54%. Following him among those voters is Sanders with 12%, and Steyer and Buttigieg with 11%. "

I could live with that result for Bernie, though I'd really prefer a margin under 10%, but this is less than the Nevada divide at least.

Warren losing to Klobuchar again would be kind of depressing.

Jas

Oct 28, 2017

Their last poll was 1/15-1/21 here are the results...

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017

That debate helped Biden, hope this doesn't give him momentum into Super Tuesday

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
If all the other states don't have a Biden surge the next few days I'll feel a bit better because then it is pretty centralized to just SC.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Steyer shouldn't have bothered if this ends up being accurate

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
What a colossal waste of money this has all been for Steyer. He spent almost a fifth of his net worth on this.
He should have spent those 250,000,000 dollars registering hispanics across the Southwest and the Southeast instead. We could actually win the Texas in the GE and the senate seat if another 2 million hispanics were added to the voter rolls.

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!

It's over Bern. Stop being a pony soldier and give in. It's Joe's turn.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta hand it to the trolls and bots. #primarywarren is a great way to keep the conversation about "those nasty Bernie supporters". Even if it makes no sense.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm guessing this will end up being a Bernie/Biden/Bloomberg show, with Buttigieg maaaaaybeee if he's that delusional.
Don't see Pete or Liz dropping out anytime soon given their rhetoric of late.
Had someone even say they expect Steyer to throw more money on the pile he's burning post-Super Tuesday.
Only Klobuchar seems destined to drop after Minnesota's primary.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Does make me wonder how much pressure is being put on the not-Biden moderates to drop out.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lied about mandela, lied about the obama cuba comments, is according to polls, falsely believed to be endorsed by Obama.
Nobody calls him out on it.
Yet i guess its better both he and Bloom stay in it.
nobody brings up the busing thing or his friendship with segregationists. like idk. like I finally get what it feels like to be one of those people who constantly say "Bernie hasn't been vetted" or "they're about to take the gloves off". like attack him on something!!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This is a local story from wisconsin so could easily be overlooked and that someone in here might care. (and yes it's not a major poll or anything like that)
www.channel3000.com

Bernie Sanders leads in Wisconsin in latest Marquette Law School Poll

The newest Marquette Law School Poll revealed Thursday afternoon that Sen. Bernie Sanders is a favorite to win the Wisconsin Democratic Presidential primary for the second straight election.

MILWAUKEE — The newest Marquette Law School Poll revealed Thursday afternoon that Sen. Bernie Sanders is a favorite to win the Wisconsin Democratic Presidential primary for the second straight election.

Sanders leads the Democratic primary at 29%, a 10% increase from the January polls.

Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg now sits in second, ahead of former Vice President Joe Biden, who sits in third.

In potential head-to-head matchups with President Trump, only Sanders tops 45th president by a 48% to 46% margin.

Trump edges Bloomberg 45% to 44% and is tied with Biden.

it again shows how close it's going to be in wisconsin.
we have so much that can change before april 7th let alone novemeber though.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Lied about mandela, lied about the obama cuba comments, is according to polls, falsely believed to be endorsed by Obama.
Nobody calls him out on it.
Yet i guess its better both he and Bloom stay in it.

The media grades Biden on a curve lol.

Bernie got a weeks bad press for middling sentiments about Castro Obama shared.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
It is kind of amazing how much Biden has skated by, in terms of media criticism specifically (since I do think a lot of average people and alt-media have pointed it out I guess), on his repeated instances of what I can literally only describe as borderline senility. It just kind of doesn't get treated as a big deal, which is odd considering I'd think that's a far larger concern than Bernie's heart attack, actually.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Please let me know if this is not okay to post here but re: polling

Looks like there's some issues with what was reported where Biden was crushing Bernie?

Again it's just one polling source, but what exactly is going on here?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It is kind of amazing how much Biden has skated by, in terms of media criticism specifically (since I do think a lot of average people and alt-media have pointed it out I guess), on his repeated instances of what I can literally only describe as borderline senility. It just kind of doesn't get treated as a big deal, which is odd considering I'd think that's a far larger concern than Bernie's heart attack, actually.

I think it's just a matter of people not caring about that. Like you'd think some of his past positions would disqualify him for black voters but he's still pretty popular with them. They don't care. Especially about the older stuff.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please let me know if this is not okay to post here but re: polling

Looks like there's some issues with what was reported where Biden was crushing Bernie?

Again it's just one polling source, but what exactly is going on here?

Im not sure I follow. what would Nate Silver have anything to do with a polling company? why would his tweets matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.