• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, Tulsi is despicable and cozies up to dictators like Assad and Modi. She is obviously a political opportunist who jumped on the Sanders train back in 2016. I hate her but to her credit she has Bernie bros wrapped around her finger because she backed the right horse

That said, if we're playing guilt by association, then the Clinton's have palled around with Kissinger, Weinstein, and Trump

The Obamas are tight with the Bushes

Like as horrific as Tulsi is, and again I reiterate I dislike her and do not blindly support Whoever happens to back my boy, but if you play this guilt by association game than this Nina Turner lady is relatively spot free
I don't think Tulsi has much love from Bernie voters. Tbh she doesn't get a lot of love period. And rightfully so.

Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi: homophobic cultist
Jill Stein: conspiracy theorist Putin state dinner guest/ spoiler candidate/ recount grifter

Those two are objectively not decent people. They slot nicely next to former Turner staffer, Trumper Tezlyn Figaro.

Is Nina Turner a decent person? Who the fuck knows. But what's that old adage about the company people keep?

Clinton was friends with Epstein and Trump.

The Obama are close with Bush family. Michelle and George are soooo cute together omg

Obama's drone strikes took lots of innocent lives.

Hillary Clinton refused to entertain Saif Gaddafi's offer to transition Libya into a democracy.

They run in the same circles as Kissenger.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I do think Bernie and Tammy D would iron out any policy disagreements they have if he asks her to be his VP, but I'm starting to think he won't go with someone who's for banning boycotts of Israel.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
I implore people to watch 4 minutes of this (very long) video.
They make an honest criticism and case on what should be the upcoming strategy for Sanders -and his team- starting right now:

If the timestamp does not work, watch from 27:19 to 31:29

Essentially:
*Bernie and his coordinators need to start acting as the nominee. Seize Buttigieg latest strategy of "I'm the only sane/institutional person here, let's not fight among each others and focus on Trump".
*Switch the mood on the debates. Start openly inviting the rest of the candidates, to join him. Not pushing them, but giving the simplest argument: it's time, can't lose time on petty vendettas.
*Also, start turning back attacks from Bloomberg's camp to: Hey, if you really are serious on helping, start by doing xxx (like aiding the latino communities in Texas to register, etc)
*Have Sander's camp, start acting less reactionary online. No point in attacking the Beto's of the party, for old stuff. And instead have them start working for the cause.
*Start focusing more in Rural areas, putting forward proposals that he already have, but have not mentioned lately, like Rural hospitals. Buttigieg surpassed Bernie's effort on that front on Iowa; it can be done and will be needed.

I mean, sure: the establishment will try their darnest to stop his nomination. But his grassroot movement is already in motion. He needs to start changing the perception that he is against everyone, and try to press for unity.
If they still rebuke him, he at least can show the public that it wasn't because he was stubborn. Which will then put the onus on the top Democrats.

The remaining minutes are also interesting, because they talk about the new strategies Fox (and allegedly Trump) will start using against Sanders, where they will start twisting and attacking his integrity.
But the main points are contained in those 4 minutes. And I really believe it's Sander's best interest to pay attention to those ideas.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Obama are close with Bush family. Michelle and George are soooo cute together omg

Hillary Clinton refused to entertain Saif Gaddafi's offer to transition Libya into a democracy.

Guess we can cross them off the list for VP :(

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like once again emphasize that I will be Sander's running mate, where we will never have to worry about Star Wars threads in this forum ever again.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think they were friends with Trump?

I'm so confused at what argument you're making. It's bad for Clinton associate with those people just like it's bad for a Turner to associate with those other bad people. Are you not just proving the point?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This argument is confusing. So you are saying it's bad to keep and bad company. Isn't this just proving the point?

I don't think they were friends with Trump?

I'm so confused at what argument you're making. It's bad for Clinton associate with those people just like it's bad for a Turner to associate with those other bad people. Are you not just proving the point?
we're saying it's really easy to dig out a photo opp of two people together. it doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. i fully supported hillary in 2016

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
hows her public speaking skills?

almost anyone could beat Pence in a debate but i wanna know if she can lay his ass out

Pretty good I would say

I would prefer Baldwin as a VP pick but she doesn't seem like a good public speaker and debater from what I've seen at all unfortunately

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
As one of Duckworth's constituents, idk why people want to make her happen. She's not going to happen. If Mark Kirk had not had his brain leaking out his ears, he probably could have beaten her.

Re: Turner, she's a great hype woman, but she's a bad choice for VP. If Warren didn't so evidently despise Bernie now (didn't even shake his hand at the last debate and is constantly shit-talking him), I'd say she was the clear choice, but now I'm not sure. Maybe Barbara Lee? He can't pick a moderate centrist, his entire brand rests on relative political purity. Sherrod Brown?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
As one of Duckworth's constituents, idk why people want to make her happen. She's not going to happen. If Mark Kirk had not had his brain leaking out his ears, he probably could have beaten her.
Probably because she checks a lot of on-paper boxes and the only time a non constituent had seen her is in some great tear down video or something, so people only see the upside and none of the downside until she's more vetted nation-wide.
Tammy Baldwin seems like she would be a good pick, a lot of overlap with Bernies policies and she's 20 years younger too.
If you wanna lose the senate, sure.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
If Baldwin becomes the VP, can't Evers just assign another senator then have a special election?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Any Jill Stein hype person or close bud of Tulsi has got to be a gem.

NikxwoOIYV_c8OvM9O7Vp6hQ5Cw5b_fUjLvYphfcwOI.jpg

So because she has been associated with Tulsi in some capacity, this disqualifies her from being a decent person, in your eyes?

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume you think none of them were qualified for the offices they held then?
All of them have extremely problematic associations & actions under their belts yet brought an array of accomplishments to the table. I'm glad none of them are running now (though I do wish Michelle Obama had not normalized Bush and would strike out as a progressive politician herself). I hope this snuggling up to trash is something we won't see as much in the future as the internet is in a constant state of vetting people and their histories.

Turner is problematic but brings nothing to the table aside from being a hype person. That she was a Jill Stein supporter in '16 when it mattered most and that she doubled down on keeping a MAGA staffer shows that she's a really bad choice for VP imo. Especially with candidates like Duckworth around.

Oct 25, 2017
I implore people to watch 4 minutes of this (very long) video.
They make an honest criticism and case on what should be the upcoming strategy for Sanders -and his team- starting right now:

If the timestamp does not work, watch from 27:19 to 31:29

Essentially:
*Bernie and his coordinators need to start acting as the nominee. Seize Buttigieg latest strategy of "I'm the only sane/institutional person here, let's not fight among each others and focus on Trump".
*Switch the mood on the debates. Start openly inviting the rest of the candidates, to join him. Not pushing them, but giving the simplest argument: it's time, can't lose time on petty vendettas.
*Also, start turning back attacks from Bloomberg's camp to: Hey, if you really are serious on helping, start by doing xxx (like aiding the latino communities in Texas to register, etc)
*Have Sander's camp, start acting less reactionary online. No point in attacking the Beto's of the party, for old stuff. And instead have them start working for the cause.
*Start focusing more in Rural areas, putting forward proposals that he already have, but have not mentioned lately, like Rural hospitals. Buttigieg surpassed Bernie's effort on that front on Iowa; it can be done and will be needed.

I mean, sure: the establishment will try their darnest to stop his nomination. But his grassroot movement is already in motion. He needs to start changing the perception that he is against everyone, and try to press for unity.
If they still rebuke him, he at least can show the public that it wasn't because he was stubborn. Which will then put the onus on the top Democrats.

The remaining minutes are also interesting, because they talk about the new strategies Fox (and allegedly Trump) will start using against Sanders, where they will start twisting and attacking his integrity.
But the main points are contained in those 4 minutes. And I really believe it's Sander's best interest to pay attention to those ideas.

It's a good strategy for after Super Tuesday. I think it would feel off brand for Bernie to assume the nomination after only three States have had primary.

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie VP just needs to be someone that makes the CIA want to put away the heart attack gun for fear of someone even more left-wing assuming the presidency.

Dennis Kucinich it is!

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I really am starting to wonder if attacks on Nina Turner are racists or sexists akin to the attacks on Warren and it's pretty gross.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Faiz Shakir (Bernie's Campaign Manager, former editor of Think Progress, Political Director of ACLU and staff for Reid and Pelosi) should almost unquestionably be Bernie's Chief of Staff

He knows Washington, is friendly with many of the people there, knows the ins and outs of how the sausage is made, is well liked by many, and is a policy wonk. All while holding to Bernie's ideals.

I mean it's such a no brainer I'd be shocked if it was someone else

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Bernie's going to pick a sycophant. Warren would be great, but she offended him so doubt it. No point in a moderate as that'll likely be the nominee after he term.

Tulsi would make me laugh. But very on brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.