• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Someone check on Chris Mathews.

AOC stands in front of a large crowd with a huge pair of scissors. News cameras flash as they survey the momentous occasion.

"The Central Park Public Construction Project has begun!" She exclaims jubilantly. She cuts the ribbon. The crowd cheers. Some tuck their hammers and sickles under their arms to clap unencumbered, others simply clang them together in celebration.

Chris Matthews bolts upright as he awakens in a cold sweat. It was only another dream. He shakily reaches for a glass of water on the nightstand and attempts to reassure himself. Just as he begins to feel better, he glances up at the ceiling to see a contorted AOC clinging above him like a spider.

"Don't lose your head, Chris!" She cackles. Her voice is layered with the vocalizations and reverberations of a thousand misguided American youth.

He wakes up again in terror. Just another dream...

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
AOC stands in front of a large crowd with a huge pair of scissors. News cameras flash as they survey the momentous occasion.

"The Central Park Public Construction Project has begun!" She exclaims jubilantly. She cuts the ribbon. The crowd cheers. Some tuck their hammers and sickles under their arms to clap unencumbered, others simply clang them together in celebration.

Chris Matthews bolts upright as he awakens in a cold sweat. It was only another dream. He shakily reaches for a glass of water on the nightstand and attempts to reassure himself. Just as he begins to feel better, he glances up at the ceiling to see a contorted AOC clinging above him like a spider.

"Don't lose your head, Chris!" She cackles. Her voice is layered with the vocalizations and reverberations of a thousand misguided American youth.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
The candidates are talking shit right now to give their voters hope, just as Bernie was a couple of years ago when he said the same shit. In a situation where one candidate has an overwhelming delegate and vote lead (as currently predicted) even if they don't reach the majority that candidate will be the nominee.

Oct 25, 2017
Very important(tm) commentary from Peter Coffin regarding this "oh, person with most votes should not be the candidate" bullshit that the democrat rivals of Bernie are pushing:

mod edit: let's not post stuff from people like this
Peter Coffin is a complete idiot who should be ignored.

wxwCzXf.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
The candidates are talking shit right now to give their voters hope, just as Bernie was a couple of years ago when he said the same shit. In a situation where one candidate has an overwhelming delegate and vote lead (as currently predicted) even if they don't reach the majority that candidate will be the nominee.
I really can't see any other situation either to be honest. Some may not even want to do it but surely the DNC wouldn't be crazy enough to go any other route in the end.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I've had the itch to watch the 90's movie Primary Colors again. Anyone recently watch it? Still holds up? I enjoyed it back then, and I still think about it today. But watching it's theatrical trailer, and like most trailers from back then....it looks goofy.

maybe I should I just watch that ending scene and save myself sometime.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

I'm dying lmao thanks for this

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Peter Coffin is a complete idiot who should be ignored.

wxwCzXf.png

I dunno. I am scared of gamergate and what it represents, and it would be very easy to just dismiss it as random racist white kids, when in reality, usualy these types of movements do have an isolational prerequisite to them. It does not even try to justify their behavior, just tries to give an explanation upon which there might be actionable tasks to do, regarding prevention. Gamergate is our mess as gamers, and we need to handle it with utmost caution. (And personally, I abhor the way publishers just avoided/ignored the issue in 2015, while women were driven out of the industry due to harassment.)

Quick edit: fuck, he actually uses the world justifiably. That is either a mistake or just plain wrong. There is no justifyable fear in suddenly having the OPTION to play as a women. Or having to endure the horrors of the possibility that a women might create a game too.

Last edited:

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Got back last night after spending two days on a journey to Vegas to canvas for Bernie. Really glad I did it. Some really amazing people in those North Vegas campaign offices doing work I could barely do a fraction of for two days. Knocking on doors in the poor neighborhoods and getting the whole range of responses that you could imagine really solidified my political instincts and belief in how much this matters. I had one 25 minute conversion (wasn't expecting to ever get that) that really made it all worth it.

Thank you! What were some of the stories you heard? How is ordinary working people who never paid attention to politics reacting to Bernie´s pitch?

Fine, but whatabout Sanders saying he would release comprehensive medical records and only releasing three very detailed letters explaining every single thing people wanted to know, he's completely untrustworthy.

Some folks on twitter/CNN/MSNBC are expecting a colonoscopy livestream, but that´s not happening.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Ahead of the Nevada caucuses, Culinary Union members voice concern over what Sen. Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" proposal could mean for them.
cnn.com

Nevada Culinary Union members voice concern over Sanders - CNN Video

Ahead of the Nevada caucuses, Culinary Union members voice concern over what Sen. Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" proposal could mean for them.

Omg I'm watching this Culinary Union protest/event...and The Union, Pete, Amy, Joe, media, etc.... have these people scared as shit of Bernie taking away their health care... some are asking if Bernie has his way, "where are we gonna go?"

Seeing Pete and Amy and even Warren marching around with them was sickening....know they are deceiving them.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Bernard: Medicare for all means your health care will no longer be a bargaining chip in Union negotiations.

Union: But my medicine!

Dec 31, 2017
cnn.com

Omg I'm watching this Culinary Union protest/event...and The Union, Pete, Amy, Joe, media, etc.... have these people scared as shit of Bernie taking away their health care... some are asking if Bernie has his way, "where are we gonna go?"

Seeing Pete and Amy and even Warren marching around with them was sickening....know they are deceiving them.

They are trailing him. I'm not surprised it's time to pull out the Realpolitik. They have no other choice. The only disappointing one here is Warren, but her fluctuating stances on this issue have been a huge campaign misstep.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he actually has a lot of great takes on things but go off i guess

Shouldn't be that hard to find good takes from someone who isn't a rebranded racist who went out of his way to harass a blogger from Singapore.

Also-

He's a grifter like Ian Miles Cheong - he had a bigoted, shitty past, latched onto GamerGate, and threw Anita Sarkeesian under the bus when she dared to criticize some piece of entertainment he liked. Coffin is sticking around because he's still making money.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly, if Barack really wanted to flex, he'd come out and endorse Bernie right now as the fulfillment of the "hope and change" movement he started in 2008. I know he doesn't like him, but if he can't use his clout for somebody he prefers, he might as well start building the anti-Trump movement and salvage his historical legacy from the current downward trajectory it will likely be on if the percentage of Leftists among the youths holds for the next few decades. Dude certainly has to know that we will not win if there is a contested convention and anybody but the plurality-holder wins.

May 29, 2019
If Warren is able to become more competitive (and after the debate in Nevada, yeah) in the minds of left-leaning undecided voters, she will siphon votes from Sanders. Their policies are similar and, as a Warren supporter, I find her ability to clarify how she will achieve her policies preferable to Bernie's approach.

The gloves have to come off at some point for Warren. I think the Nevada debate was the beginning of that.

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
If Warren is able to become more competitive (and after the debate in Nevada, yeah) in the minds of left-leaning undecided voters, she will siphon votes from Sanders. Their policies are similar and, as a Warren supporter, I find her ability to clarify how she will achieve her policies preferable to Bernie's approach.

The gloves have to come off at some point for Warren. I think the Nevada debate was the beginning of that.

She was bleeding votes to Amy and Pete.

It´s the white affluent managerial class that keeps flip flopping from Warren to Pete to Amy and back. She´s running on this lane for a while now, i wouldn't place my bets on getting votes from Sanders outside of a few liberal bubbles like ERA.

May 29, 2019
She was bleeding votes to Amy and Pete.

It´s the white affluent managerial class that keeps flip flopping from Warren to Pete to Amy and back. She´s running on this lane for a while now, i wouldn't place my bets on getting votes from Sanders outside of a few liberal bubbles like ERA.

Just judging from threads here, there are folks that said they went to Bernie from Warren when the latter seemed as if she didn't have the "fire" needed to see this through. I think the Nevada debate performance was a successful rebuttal, but Warren will need more than one debate to prove it.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust Bernie to pick someone that works, but I'm also not overly concerned with VP. I'm way more concerned about political appointees. Like, please pick someone normal for the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the OMB Director, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs, and the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs... to say nothing of something like Attorney General.

Please, let the party help you out by identifying qualified candidates, Bernie.

So then like Timothy Geithner and so on? Cool.

By the way, this fear seems completely unfounded. And what even is normal and boring? The status quo?

Jesus Christ why does the latest 538 FL poll have Bloomberg in 1st, Biden in 2nd, and Sanders in 3rd? His "buy all the media" approach can't be working can it...

Florida is a weird state, obviously. Other than the obvious demographics, even people like my sister and her husband (early 40s) seemingly are into bloomberg and think sanders are warren are the devil incarnate

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Nevada numbers will be interesting to juxtapose with upcoming California and Texas.

I predict that Liz, Pete and Amy will underperform in Nevada which sends a single to California and Texas to entirely drop those three

Ryuuroden

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory and Insensitive Commentary Over Multiple Posts
hi I have diabetes and can't afford insulin. Bernie Sanders is my only
Hope for future coverage. Warren waffled on m4a so I don't trust her to have a plan that would include poor people like me seeing as the democrats left me out of being covered with Obamacare.

Democrats Fucking suck. I will just stay home if Bernie gets ratfucked

And when you stay home if that happens, you will be totally assured to die when a Republican wins. That sort of thinking says you must still have the privilege to afford it or that you don't care about your life. Must be nice to be able to live that way. Lots of people out there cannot. Also gaslighting about Obama care not improving diabetes coverage is not cool. The coverage enhancements saved a family member of mines life. Republicans tried to remove it 2 years ago.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just judging from threads here, there are folks that said they went to Bernie from Warren when the latter seemed as if she didn't have the "fire" needed to see this through. I think the Nevada debate performance was a successful rebuttal, but Warren will need more than one debate to prove it.
Going by polls, that wasn't what happened at all and I suspect those people were unlikely to ever be Warren voters if they were invested in needing the norminally furthest left policy possible.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
If Obama didn't endorse Hillary in 2016, he won't endorse anyone while the primaries are still competitive. I do wish he would come out and say he did not endorse Bloomberg and demand that Bloomberg stop running those ads of Obama talking about him though. There are a LOT of people out there who think Obama endorsed Bloomberg because of those deceptive/misleading ads, which is obvious BS. Should be something that Obama does not approve of

julian

Oct 27, 2017
cnn.com

Listen to The Daily today. It's a bit fucked up how the union is acting.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So then like Timothy Geithner and so on? Cool.

By the way, this fear seems completely unfounded. And what even is normal and boring? The status quo?

I definitely get concerns that Bernie might appoint some... perhaps questionable people to important positions, but I also think that it's more or less impossible for any of his choices to be anywhere close to as blatantly unqualified or outright damaging as many of the folks given those same positions from the past 4 years. So given that incredibly low bar it's not something that I am all that concerned with. I mean it's not like Cenk is going to be secretary of state.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
This is what I see happening as well. Anything else would just be completely bonkers.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta hurt for Warren that she doesn't seem to be getting a bump at all. If the debate performance doesn't do it then I can't see what will.
There has been no polling since. The major problem for her is that most of Nevada already voted through early voting, and none of that came in after the debate. If she finishes below second, she'll be back with no momentum again.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Any post debate polls yet? My coworker was telling me an MSNBC poll had both Sanders and Bloomberg went up but I just don't want to believe the latter

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Given that Bloomberg has a ton of cash, and actively seems to despise Trump and Bernie... should we be worried about a third party run?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Given that Bloomberg has a ton of cash, and actively seems to despise Trump and Bernie... should we be worried about a third party run?
No. He would have to be convinced he could beat both of them at the same time and I don't think anything has come out showing that scenario as even remotely believable.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any post debate polls yet? My coworker was telling me an MSNBC poll had both Sanders and Bloomberg went up but I just don't want to believe the latter

The latest Emerson Nevada poll was Feb 19-20, so partly after the debate, obviously Bloomberg isn't on the ballot in Nevada so there's not much insight on how the debate affected him

Status
Not open for further replies.