• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to make a thread about #WhereIsWarren im super down

I considered it, but I'm pretty sure it'd just get bogged down with more hot takes and tribalism. People acting like that "conspiracy theory" post is some kind of gotcha when Warren has nothing to do with the media bias against Sanders. I could do without pages and pages of that garbage.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like the media is biased and not your friend. The only reason they gave a shit about Warren was because she was going to split the progressive vote. Now they don't have a use for her.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like the media is biased and not your friend. The only reason they gave a shit about Warren was because she was going to split the progressive vote. Now they don't have a use for her.

I don't think anyone was under the impression that the media was anyone's friend. Maybe Amy's...

Edit: I apologize if I'm coming off like a hard ass here. It's just demoralizing when I see fellow progressives show apathy or animosity against my pick because she's not their pick.

PPS: Sanders remains my #2.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Swathes of the media absolutely boosted Warren and abandoned her to try and divert support from Sanders.

I remain convinced the NYT editorial board wanted to give Klobuchar the sole endorsement.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
I considered it, but I'm pretty sure it'd just get bogged down with more hot takes and tribalism. People acting like that "conspiracy theory" post is some kind of gotcha when Warren has nothing to do with the media bias against Sanders. I could do without pages and pages of that garbage.

Yeah it's worth pointing out when the media is being shitty and disingenuous, no matter what the context.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
It's almost like they used Warren against Bernie.

It's almost like CNN and MSNBC will push narratives regardless of real data.

Sorry, I sound like a conspiracy nut. Hmm.

Oct 27, 2017

200.gif

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone was under the impression that the media was anyone's friend. Maybe Amy's...

Edit: I apologize if I'm coming off like a hard ass here. It's just demoralizing when I see fellow progressives show apathy or animosity against my pick because she's not their pick.

PPS: Sanders remains my #2.
She's the pick of other folks who tended to dismiss bias against Bernie. A lot of Sanders supporters early on also knew the media would toss her under the bus when she was no longer useful and others scoffed at that too.

The replies you got are just kinda built up frustration from that. If you weren't one of the people in denial about the media, then know it's not really directed at you or even Warren.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like they used Warren against Bernie.

It's almost like CNN and MSNBC will push narratives regardless of real data.

Sorry, I sound like a conspiracy nut. Hmm.
It isn't a conspiracy.

CNN, MSNBC, etc. are pretty easy to understand.

We've had a few decades now of "it bleeds it leads" as the defining philosophy of commercial journalism. So now journalists show up with knives to make sure they get something.

They also have metrics on who watches their shit the most. Hint: its not people who have grown up being able to find multiple sources for news online.

They're giving their core audience what they want, facts be damned, beacuse at the end of the day its an entertainment product.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
She's the pick of other folks who tended to dismiss bias against Bernie. A lot of Sanders supporters early on also knew the media would toss her under the bus when she was no longer useful and others scoffed at that too.

The replies you got are just kinda built up frustration from that. If you weren't one of the people in denial, then know it's not really directed at you or even Warren.

And i understand the frustration. For example, I was right there with folks expressing their anger at CNN's terribly biased questions in the last debate. And while there have been occasions when something like a tech glitch or chiron error was more likely than a conscious decision, I don't have any doubts about the media at large's bias against Sanders.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I have to think that if Warren doesn't come top 2 in NV or SC and polling is showing her potentially losing her own state she's going to drop out before ST.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The whole end result of Warren's campaign is more disappointing and depressing than anything. She was once leading in polls (or at least challenging Biden) and got tons of media coverage, now we can't even be sure she'll make it to Super Tuesday and nobody is talking about her anymore.

Honestly, she should have run in 2016. I think she could have won then. A shame.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The whole end result of Warren's campaign is more disappointing and depressing than anything. She was once leading in polls (or at least challenging Biden) and got tons of media coverage, now we can't even be sure she'll make it to Super Tuesday and nobody is talking about her anymore.

Honestly, she should have run in 2016. I think she could have won then. A shame.
Her arc from 2015 to now is a bummer.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The truth that underscores everything about her life in public service is that, unfortunately, she makes her moves in a way that's uncomfortably similar to a regular-ass politician. Despite all her efforts to position herself near Sanders this go 'round. The result we have here with her desperately striking out as her campaign fades out of existence is indeed sad.

And now she's about to lose her home state. It cannot be stressed enough how important it is for her to get out of the race sooner rather than later and just focus on being a senate ally to a President Sanders.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like Liz as a person, I just wish she would let me like her as a candidate. I'm trying, just meet me halfway plz. Liz plz.

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao what is she doing ...

I get what she's trying to say but that's something that comes out really, really poorly. Its a good example of what a gaffe really is instead of racists "accidentally" saying racist things.

At this point, I think her best bet is to Christie her run and take down Bloomberg with her. I don't think she has a shot anymore with her below Sanders even in MA.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm not gonna dogpile Liz too much but just based on that clip it feels like another example of her stumbling when cornered ("cornered" insofar as she's just about in a no-win situation in the campaign at this point). Really good (or bad) example of foot in mouth.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Why is the clip cutting out right before the response though? Who knows, maybe the people there actually enjoyed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.