• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
When I went canvassing for Bernie, a woman straight up told me she wasn't voting for Bernie and closed the door.

Oddly enough, the guy who radiated strong libertarian vibes said he'd vote for Bernie if Yang wasn't viable by Super Tuesday. I hope he kept his promise!

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Dude, you're literally lying.

IOWA ENTRANCE POLLS (no exit polls available)

QWh9T0S.jpg

NEW HAMPSHIRE EXIT POLLS

QyZtL2s.jpg

dcfwGqN.jpg

j0Qk3wY.jpg

RECENT NATIONAL POLL

Outside of older black voters who like Biden a bit better, Bernie does better (and, in some cases, significantly better) than every other candidate among every minority group. I don't have the LGBTQIA+ polls on hand but IIRC I'm pretty sure they show a similar picture, if not even more obvious. What are you talking about.

If people attack you for playing the minority card, it's because it's not an automatic substitute for a good point or true facts. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean the minority electorate at large holds the same opinion.

It sucks you ate a ban for such a well sourced post. In the future I suggest if you are going to call someone a liar strongly consider assuming and saying they might be misinformed. Your opening sentence wouldn't be seen as so inflammatory.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks you ate a ban for such a well sourced post. In the future I suggest if you are going to call someone a liar strongly consider assuming and saying they might be misinformed. Your opening sentence wouldn't be seen as so inflammatory.
It's not really that well sourced. 43% of 9% of Iowa caucus goers is literally meaningless. Likewise the NH numbers

and I actually agree w/ their point that Sanders' minority issues are grossly overblown (absent a better option)

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
Repeating all the stupid arguments why Trump as an independent billionaire will be a great president except it's 2020, I've seen Trump be president for 3 years, I'm a Democrat and I'm talking about Bloomberg.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I stepped into a really scary, cultish and surprisingly large twitter Bubble today. Yes it's certainly a thing. Mainly occupied by the "still with her" and K-Hive crowd

There's a lot of people on Twitter who will type Blue No Matter Who and #NeverBernie in the same tweet, excusing it by saying Bernie isn't a Dem.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
it's insane how toxic Kamala Harris' followers are.
Problem is, it gets ignored because a lot of us don't operate with these bad faith arguments over "bad supporters." It's just used as another tactic to make Bernie out as a bad candidate. It's sad that many people on this forum use this tactic, when you can point to any candidate having these types of supporters on the internet. If it persists, we'll probably have to proactively use it just to combat these dumb arguments.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Sounds like a tantrum. Im sure if they are anti Trump in any reasonable capacity The urge to not vote Bernie wont seem so hard to overcome. FB does allow peoepl to be as trash as they can be though.
If Bernie gets the nomination, I expect a lot of these die hard liberal #resist anti Trump people to start rationalizing how maybe Trump isn't actually that bad.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
for all their faults they probably won't vote trump. what they will do is add #putinsinotmypresident to their twitter bios and complain about how russia has hacked the very fabric of american democracy and share bizarre conspiracies by someone selling herbal supplements on their website about how trump and bernie are secret russian immigrants who's parents were very high up in soviet leadership

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really seen passionate fans online for any other candidates besides Warren and Sanders. I'm hoping when Warren drops out that there will be a lot more online support coalescing together and a lot of the weird contention with Bernie will fade.

Unless people are really passionate for Joe Biden and I'm just not seeing it?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really seen passionate fans online for any other candidates besides Warren and Sanders. I'm hoping when Warren drops out that there will be a lot more online support coalescing together and a lot of the weird contention with Bernie will fade.

Unless people are really passionate for Joe Biden and I'm just not seeing it?

Most of the KHIVE now passionately support Biden because they think he'll pick her for VP.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot of people on Twitter who will type Blue No Matter Who and #NeverBernie in the same tweet, excusing it by saying Bernie isn't a Dem.
Forget about twitter. It turns out it skews younger like Instagram. A younger on average crowd shouting NeverBernie are unlikely to be voting in the first place. They didn't show up in sufficient numbers in the first two primaries for the other candidates.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I got canvassed today in LA by Bernie people. I told them I was going to mail my thing on monday.

They're really hammering the M4A and raising the standard of living points.

No other candidate's people have come around yet, only got a Steyer pamphlet in the mail.

Last edited:

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't she crush him at that debate and start his freefall when he couldn't respond? Why would they think he would pick her? If he was going to pick a woman vp, I think it would probably be Klobuchar.

They see Harris as progressive. Biden being a moderate means they think he'll pick a progressive VP.

I believe Biden has said he would be open to Harris being VP.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forget about twitter. It turns out it skews younger like Instagram. A younger on average crowd shouting NeverBernie are unlikely to be voting in the first place. They didn't show up in sufficient numbers in the first two primaries for the other candidates.

Young voters were why Sanders won Iowa and New Hampshire and are up over 2012.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Gotta say I did some shit talking about Harris last year but I would take her and Beto in a heartbeat over Pete (who I figured was a total nonstarter until Iowa) and Bloomberg.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
They see Harris as progressive. Biden being a moderate means they think he'll pick a progressive VP.

I believe Biden has said he would be open to Harris being VP.

It's not that they see her as Progressive, it's that she compliments the ticket. She's closer to Biden than someone like Warren is politically, and she's also a younger(er) woman of color, which a ticket fronted by a 79 year old white man could really use. The exchanges they had are exactly why picking Harris might be the smart play. It would show Biden respects her enough to put one of his harshest critics next in line for the Presidency.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Harris definitely started the race as a progressive who was unabashedly for M4A.

While she was pivoting to the center, she dropped out before completing the alignment change, so probably still more progressive than not.

She's been Left Center her entire career, tried coming off as a Progressive and nobody bought it, and then tried to pivot back and people got tired of her. She also picked really weird issues to fight other candidates on (arguing with Warren about getting Trump banned from Twitter was a silly hill to die on). She's probably in the middle between Warren and Klobuchar, maybe leaning slightly closer to Klob.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
She's been Left Center her entire career, tried coming off as a Progressive and nobody bought it, and then tried to pivot back and people got tired of her. She also picked really weird issues to fight other candidates on (arguing with Warren about getting Trump banned from Twitter was a silly hill to die on). She's probably in the middle between Warren and Klobuchar, maybe leaning slightly closer to Klob.

KHive bought it, which was part of why the left was so eager to attack her. Leftists hate fake people posing as leftists.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I think there needs to be more thought about what happens at a contested convention. Sanders will have the plurality of delegates, but not the majority.

I like Sanders, and his stuff in general, but he's not been very effective at broadening his church. I can't imagine that if Pete drops out, his delegates go to Sanders. What about Biden's or Klobuchar's? Bloombergs (as an aside, he clearly doesn't want to win, but to buy enough delegates so that he becomes kingmaker)?

But then it would be a situation if the person with the most delegates didn't get elected.

But the primary isn't a general and people should stop thinking of it as one.

Oct 28, 2017
endorsing Bloomberg is going to become a stain on many Democrats political careers

No doubt, its basically an admission that you're don't mind electing a man who believes (and actually enacted as a politician) in a large chunk of Republican policies and has privately behaved similarly to Trump but is at least not dumb/arrogant enough to show all of his awfulness in the open.

He's the peak "voting for civility" candidate.

This would get spun as "Bernie attacks the media! He's just like Trump!"

Let's be honest here, the media hasn't done a whole lot to convince people that they're anything but unfair towards Bernie Sanders.

I mean, look at this shit. Its basically all you see on MSNBC and CNN. All it does it makes Bernie supporters feel marginalized and hardens support for him.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I just cant help but wonder how even though it's obvious Bloomberg is only really in to stop Bernie so many liberals are somehow falling for the most obvious grift in the world.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
i fully expect working-class liberals and some of the people that really, really hate trump to vote for bernie. but y'all are kidding yourselves if you don't think there will be a contingent of wealthy liberals that will turn against him. cuz you know class interests > everything else.
I think people underestimate how much liberals loathe trump. It was the Driving force behind 2018 house takeover and itll be the same in 2020 It'll take a lot more than Bernie to make people forget that the goal is to get Trump out. "Vote blue no matter who" is a nevertrumpism.

Status
Not open for further replies.