• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Inflammatory rhetoric
most minorities don't trust Bernie and his revolution.

Dude, you're literally lying.

IOWA ENTRANCE POLLS (no exit polls available)

QWh9T0S.jpg

NEW HAMPSHIRE EXIT POLLS

QyZtL2s.jpg

dcfwGqN.jpg

j0Qk3wY.jpg

RECENT NATIONAL POLL

Outside of older black voters who like Biden a bit better, Bernie does better (and, in some cases, significantly better) than every other candidate among every minority group. I don't have the LGBTQIA+ polls on hand but IIRC I'm pretty sure they show a similar picture, if not even more obvious. What are you talking about.

If people attack you for playing the minority card, it's because it's not an automatic substitute for a good point or true facts. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean the minority electorate at large holds the same opinion.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
People caping for Bloomberg, Pete or Biden get a nope from me dawg.

If you wanna go neverbernie atleast go to Warren. she could use the support and isnt an overtly terrible or corrupt person even though i have plenty of issues with her campaign so far

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
People caping for Bloomberg, Pete or Biden get a nope from me dawg.

If you wanna go neverbernie atleast go to Warren. she could use the support and isnt an overtly terrible or corrupt person even though i have plenty of issues with her campaign so far

the thing with Warren is -- and I do agree with your sentiment, she's awesome -- it doesn't look like there's a viable way for her to become the nominee, whereas the other 3 could actually make it.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly re climate plans I'm not sure that bold faced doing literally nothing and flaunting the worrying scientific prognosis (Trump), is decidedly worse than doing virtually nothing and pretending that you're doing everything that you can or everything that can be expected of your office (which sounds like, in all likelihood, Bloomberg). I'd argue this because the former we expect to be odious or at least bluntly wrong enough that the arc of history will correct it pretty quickly at least presuming that society doesn't collapse or viciously regress to feudalism or something. While the latter is a lot more pernicious and might normalize or even codify a kind of climate apathy because it would presumably be out of peoples minds under a more supposedly competent 'technocratic' government that was simply keeping up appearances.

Which is to say we can't predict the future, really all we can predict is that both outcomes would be unambiguously bad. And not only does climate need to be tackled aggressively, but billionaires buying a ticket into and all but buying elections should for the sake of precedent and keeping any semblance of good faith with the electorate, be a complete non-starter. To say nothing of the whole hegemony of wealth and class/education within the US, and militaristic and corporate imperialism without, that is ultimately fueling much of the economy of climate change, and revealing even the two parties meant to be the objects of our political motivations more as private corporations propping up and seeking benefit from these failures than anything resembling a good-faith attempt at serving as organs of democracy. Bloomberg, by virtue of being an actual billionaire that might pass in polite society, is as much if not more of an embodiment of this crisis as Trump is. Someone else said this and I think it's true: If Trump is the first horseman of the apocalypse, then the DNC welcoming the likes of Bloomberg with open arms must be the second such portent.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Real question. Is neverbernie an actual thing?

absolutely a thing in the media and elsewhere

Its the only reason Bloomberg is in the race after all. Not necessarily to win(although i guess it may be a bonus for him), but to stop Sanders momentum in raising his taxes and taking control of the government from a leftist bend. Elites hate class and racial solidarity against them

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much every candidate has a never_______ contingent. Shockingly only Biden hasn't had one as far as I've seen.I really hope people fall in line once there's a nominee, not that I'd blame people for being neverbloomberg.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
the thing with Warren is -- and I do agree with your sentiment, she's awesome -- it doesn't look like there's a viable way for her to become the nominee, whereas the other 3 could actually make it.

She can atleast get above 15 percent threshhold in certain states so during a convention she could lend her support to Sanders in case he doesnt get a majority, or they could make a deal. Its something that has to be talked about.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
you're right, of course it's not an outspoken thing, but do you think someone like Bloomberg would be spending hundreds of millions if, say, Pete was the frontrunner?
I dont know but what was he doing When Biden was the frontrunner? Not that he would be fond of Bernie in any way but I find it hard to care what he thinks. Bloomberg is not the standard bearer of anything except his ego.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
So if I'm reading this right on Wikipedia, Chuck Todd is going to be one of the moderators at the next debate in Nevada? I'd like a public apology up front regarding the brown shirts comment.

Or i mean, what if Bernie stops him and says "No, I actually have a question for you Chuck. What did you mean when you compared Americans that want to vote for me to brown shirts? Do you know what that term means?"

Oct 25, 2017
She can atleast get above 15 percent threshhold in certain states so during a convention she could lend her support to Sanders in case he doesnt get a majority, or they could make a deal. Its something that has to be talked about.

Given that her campaign is broke, I imagine she'll be dropping out barring an amazing Nevada performance.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

One of my coworkers actually typed this out in an exchange on FB

"I will vote in the primary against Sanders. But if he gets the nomination I'll probably kill myself."

A few exchanges latter they said she would vote blue no matter who. They like to keep bringing up his super PAC and how he's accomplished nothing.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
sorry for being dense, what are you getting at?
I'm just saying wasn't bloomberg also spending bank on Ads when Biden was the frontrunner and the only reason he gets any attention right now is theres a vaccuum left by Bidens implosion. Im not sure any neverbernie force is responsible for people flocking to Boomberg if such a thing is even happening.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I'm just saying wasn't bloomberg also spending bank on Ads when Biden was the frontrunner and the only reason he gets any attention right now is theres a vaccuum left by Bidens implosion. Im not sure any neverbernie force is responsible for people flocking to Boomberg if such a thing is even happening.

maybe his money actually got him smart enough advisors that have rightfully predicted that Bernie will be the front-runner. and yeah, I agree, I don't think there's a #neverbernie force per se just yet.

that said Bloomberg was committed to getting Trump out of office from the get-go and has committed to supporting the eventual nominee so he has that going for him at the end of the day, if not much else.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
One of my coworkers actually typed this out in an exchange on FB

"I will vote in the primary against Sanders. But if he gets the nomination I'll probably kill myself."

A few exchanges latter they said she would vote blue no matter who. They like to keep bringing up his super PAC and how he's accomplished nothing.
Sounds like a tantrum. Im sure if they are anti Trump in any reasonable capacity The urge to not vote Bernie wont seem so hard to overcome. FB does allow peoepl to be as trash as they can be though.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm reading this right on Wikipedia, Chuck Todd is going to be one of the moderators at the next debate in Nevada? I'd like a public apology up front regarding the brown shirts comment.

Or i mean, what if Bernie stops him and says "No, I actually have a question for you Chuck. What did you mean when you compared Americans that want to vote for me to brown shirts? Do you know what that term means?"

Chuck "Brownshirt" Todd?! Ugh. I hope at least one of the moderators will be good.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
The mayor of Charlotte endorsed him the other day because he gave the city a few million some years ago.

This is after she allowed the RNC to take place here even though city council members were against it.
fellow north carolinian eh? I didn't know this shit. Charlotte sucks! the traffic is bad and the city design is dogshit!

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh

Key is not (outright) supporting Pete Buttigieg.

Reminds me of the time he said a bunch of black folks endorsed him when they didn't.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017

This would get spun as "Bernie attacks the media! He's just like Trump!"

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
You're right, my original statement is laughable because it's too nice.

I'd say they're traitors. To ERA, to minorities, to women, to poor people, and to basically anyone who isn't a rich white guy.

The 26 people who voted for Bloomberg as "their pick" for the Democratic nominee are traitors.

Yes.

Though I was warned by the moderation in here that anyone--specifically, minority--voting for him is ignorant and idiotic.

But what do I know. Maybe there are 'legitimate reasons' why a minority would throw their support behind such a sexist, racist, bigoted prick like him.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
This would get spun as "Bernie attacks the media! He's just like Trump!"
1. they'll spin anything
2. Trump did the exact same thing annnnnd now he's president. so fuck conventional wisdom basically.

I wouldn't mind Bernie getting a bit more personal with the media. I mean, especially with the brown shirts comparison. it's just nasty.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Your second link doesn't prove the point you're saying that you're making.

But, it does seem to fall along with the rest of the criticisms here: his policies are only allegedly marginally better than Trump's. Therefore may as well not vote and potentially hand Trump a second term. The poll results definitely explain the responses here. Left wing revolution, or nothing. He's a moderate with a mixed record. Again, although I'm going to get attacked again for pointing out my minority status: he will be better for Americans like me than Trump. And most minorities don't trust Bernie and his revolution. Those are factors out in the real world that get lost in echo chambers.

To each his own. I had voted for Bloomberg before but I wasn't as savvy as I am now. I didn't suffer under his tenure like some non-whites but I won't dare handwave it away like you are doing now. The stuff he did back then will translate into more live lost and the financial situation of people making as much money, but more likely, less money than me a lot worse.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Man, so many democrats are going to have permanent egg on their faces by the end of this primary over Bloomberg. One party hates minorities and the other hardly respects us.

Also, the last page was hilarious. I think I'm just going to call Klob Kombucha from now on.

politics.theonion.com

Bloomberg Hires Thousands Of Canvassers To Stop Black Men On Street And Force Them To Hear Campaign Pitch

NEW YORK—Citing polling data that suggested the former mayor was tracking poorly among 18- to 25-year-old African Americans, Michael Bloomberg’s presidential campaign hired thousands of canvassers Friday to stop black men on the street and force them to hear his campaign pitch. “We want to make...

At least the onion will have plenty of material to work with if he wins the primary or general.

Status
Not open for further replies.