• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie needs to choose Stacy Abrams for VP and have her campaign in the southern swing states. Legitimately good option.

If you look into it, Abrams is more likely to be on Team Bloomberg.

Context: This was in January after Bloomberg donated $5 million to Abrams' Fair Fight organization.

Last edited:

Prometheus.

Banned
Sep 17, 2019
Apropos of nothing: the 26 people who voted Bloomberg in the poll are chumps - I'm being extremely polite here. It's one thing to hesitate between him and Trump if he gets the nomination. But to support him, of all candidates, during the primary? We might as well have a poll option that says "Minorities and women can fuck off" or "I'm easily bought". Frankly, if it were up to me, these people wouldn't have a place on ERA. That's not what we're supposed to be about.

As a minority and a Warren supporter, lol.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Bloomberg's campaign is a deeply depressing example of the amount of people who will happily sell out for money.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm really warming up to Warren as VP. She might be the only one who would honestly and effectively pursue the same policies should the worst happen to Bernie.

Oct 25, 2017
Book One - Those videos serve as a reference point for the "power rankings" segment. And you're reading too much into that single screen-cap.

FWIW, was able to find some of the video of the CNN Power Rankings thing via a quick twitter search.

So much of this reads as confirmation bias to me though - Bernie supporters expect CNN to slight him and are letting that color something that is seemingly to me and very likely entirely harmless.

That was a pretty straightforward and harmless as expected. People were working themselves up over nothing.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a minority and a Warren supporter, lol.

You're right, my original statement is laughable because it's too nice.

I'd say they're traitors. To ERA, to minorities, to women, to poor people, and to basically anyone who isn't a rich white guy.

The 26 people who voted for Bloomberg as "their pick" for the Democratic nominee are traitors.

Prometheus.

Banned
Sep 17, 2019
User Banned (1 week): trolling
You're right, my original statement is laughable because it's too nice.

I'd say they're traitors. To ERA, to minorities, to women, to poor people, and to basically anyone who isn't a rich white guy.

The 26 people who voted for Bloomberg as "their pick" for the Democratic nominee are traitors.

Lets execute them!

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
EQ155EjXsAEmagF.png:large

Last edited:

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Apropos of nothing: the 26 people who voted Bloomberg in the poll are chumps - I'm being extremely polite here. It's one thing to hesitate between him and Trump if he gets the nomination. But to support him, of all candidates, during the primary? We might as well have a poll option that says "Minorities and women can fuck off" or "I'm easily bought". Frankly, if it were up to me, these people wouldn't have a place on ERA. That's not what we're supposed to be about.

100% agree. People shilling and bating for Bloomberg are approaching MAGA people levels.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg's an easy sit out. I'll vote for anybody else who comes out the nominee.

EDIT: Or, I'd come out to vote for any state races, but I'll just leave that particular field blank.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its cheaper for bloomberg to spend millions on his campaign than lose the millions he will have to pay on taxes if bernie wins. That and he saw that if trump can be president then so can he. They both have egos.

I honestly think thats his end goal.

Fuck em.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck...I guess I wasn't aware of how much Bloomberg has risen in the last 2 weeks. He's easily last place on my list of candidates, God fucking damnit.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Seeing people defend Bloomberg makes my stomach churn. I can't believe I used to think that a Trump style candidate would have no traction in a dem primary.

Heaven forbid, if the two frontrunners in the dem race become Bloomberg and Sanders, people are still going to call Bernie the Trump of the democratic primary. Folks will look you in the eye and tell you Bloomberg is the pragmatic choice.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Curious if we will see those in the Lib blue checkmark "vote blue no matter who" brigade on Twitter who had been explicitly including Bloomberg in that chant despite people telling them why they shouldn't turn around and act like they haven't been. Gary Whitta i'm looking at you. I'll take a change of heart, but boy does it not speak very highly of their stupid politics and they will probably learn nothing from it.

Jun 6, 2019
I understand Bloomberg sucks, but, people, seriously. He's not Trump levels of bad. For one, he's not going to try to ban a religious group from America.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jun 6, 2019
Bloomberg isn't beholden to McConnel, but he also has similar views to McConnel and a similar history to Trump. He's bad.

He is bad. But he'll be better on almost everything. Especially climate change and the judiciary. He'll also probably won't try to ban religious minorities and build an insane wall. He would be an improvement over Trump overall.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is bad. But he'll be better on almost everything. Especially climate change and the judiciary. He'll also probably won't try to ban religious minorities and build an insane wall. He would be an improvement over Trump overall.
Why would he be better on the judiciary? Why would he not ban brown people when he's already been proud of sweepingly racist legislation?

he won't build the wall that Trump also isn't building I guess

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heaven forbid, if the two frontrunners in the dem race become Bloomberg and Sanders, people are still going to call Bernie the Trump of the democratic primary. Folks will look you in the eye and tell you Bloomberg is the pragmatic choice.

Spending an inordinate amount of time trying to paint Sanders as being fascistic because of some superficial similarities to Trump while completely ignoring the legion of fascist and prejudiced tendencies exhibited by Bloomberg is exactly the kind of vapid life-negating realpolitik I've come to expect!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would he be better on the judiciary? Why would he not ban brown people when he's already been proud of sweepingly racist legislation?

Also his stance on climate change isn't doing anything to save the world so its really a moot point that its better than Trumps.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's an insane take.

No. You're just ignorant.

At one point during Bloomberg's tenure as Mayor of New York City, Stop & Frisk resulted in 600,000 arrests a year. That's 2,000 arrests per day. In a limited area in NYC. All of them minorities (mostly Black people I believe). He's literally claimed that we're being too harsh on White people, and too easy on Black people. He set up surveillance cameras throughout the city in areas where homeless people live. He literally spied on the homeless.

He's harassed many women in very crude and violent terms that easily rival Trump's words.

And that's just his offenses in bigotry. He notoriously hates the poor too. I'm sure other in the thread will be happy to provide examples. But you can find some over in the Bloomberg thread.

He's also literally the 9th wealthiest person in the world, and has $55 billion, i.e. he's worth 20 times more than Trump. He buys people and organizations left and right.

He's an insane bigot with financial power that dwarfs that of the most corrupt president in recent history.

Bloomberg is at least as bad as Trump.

Last edited:

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow this forum is like left wing political Twitter on steroids. Bloomberg is worse than Trump? You'd rather sit an election out even if it means second Trump term rather than Bloomberg? And the one minority member who pushed back gets banned for pointing out the craziness. Make it two minority members getting banned, since I imagine I will get banned for pushing back on this crazy narrative. And whichever well meaning white mod bans me should maybe pause and think what it signifies that they think they know better than me what is good for me when all I'm pushing back on is the notion that Bloomberg won't be better than Trump for people of my skin color and there's no way I would sit out this election. I don't have that privilege to throw an electoral tantrum because I didn't get the far left candidate of choice.

Jun 6, 2019

Are you serious? Bloomberg will ban brown people? He will appoint the same justices as Donald Trump, McConnell, and the Heritage Foundation?

Plus, you conveniently left out the most pressing issue. Climate change. If everything were identical to a Trump presidency, but with a better plan on climate change, it would be a significant improvement over the current turd in office.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? Bloomberg will ban brown people? He will appoint the same justices as Donald Trump, McConnell, and the Heritage Foundation?

Plus, you conveniently left out the most pressing issue. Climate change. If everything were identical to a Trump presidency, but with a better plan on climate change, it would be a significant improvement over the current turd in office.
Bloomberg doesn't have a better climate change plam. And Bloomberg is a huge racist that is proud of using racist legislation in the name of "keeping people safe". Why wouldn't he keep the Muslim ban? It fits his history, there's a reason he was a Republican for so long. He donated to Republicans in 2018 so Trump could keep the senate!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I don't have that privilege to throw an electoral tantrum because I didn't get the far left candidate of choice.

I'll vote for every Dem in this election that isn't Bloomberg. Every single one. Bloomberg is my limit. At that point democracy in this country is dead and buried and we have much bigger problems on our hands.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy cow this forum is like left wing political Twitter on steroids. Bloomberg is worse than Trump? You'd rather sit an election out even if it means second Trump term rather than Bloomberg? And the one minority member who pushed back gets banned for pointing out the craziness. Make it two minority members getting banned, since I imagine I will get banned for pushing back on this crazy narrative. And whichever well meaning white mod bans me should maybe pause and think what it signifies that they think they know better than me what is good for me when all I'm pushing back on is the notion that Bloomberg won't be better than Trump for people of my skin color and there's no way I would sit out this election. I don't have that privilege to throw an electoral tantrum because I didn't get the far left candidate of choice.

I'll repeat: 2,000 arrests of minorities every day for an entire year in one part of one city under Bloomberg's Stop & Frisk policy. Coming from a man with 20 times the financial might of Trump.

Those two facts alone should make you at least consider the possibility that Bloomberg might be as bad as Trump. Just because he doesn't look and sound as ridiculous in public as Trump doesn't mean he is any less awful underneath the civility.

Whether he's worse, I don't know. But if he's as bad, how can you not understand if people don't want to choose between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.