• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
"Weinstein was a Democrat. Bernie isn't, so fuck off Bernie." /s

These threads sure have a thing for being disgusted by 'progressive' black/brown women pointing out simple facts. I mean we're not pretending the Feinstein shit doesn't exist are we?

Kind of falls flat on its face when you find out she has her assets in a blind trust and the stocks were sold month ago and they stock actually raised in value after the sell.

www.cbsnews.com

Richard Burr and other senators sold lots of stock as virus fears started

Senate records show the transactions involving Richard Burr and Georgia's Kelly Loeffler, among others, came as lawmakers were getting private briefings on the possible outbreak.

She said that Senate rules also require her to report her husband's financial transactions. "I have no input into his decisions," she tweeted. "My husband in January and February sold shares of a cancer therapy company. This company is unrelated to any work on the coronavirus and the sale was unrelated to the situation."

That company was Allogene Therapeutics. Her disclosure form states that that on January 31, stock in the company worth $500,000 to $1 million was sold. Days later, a smaller portion was sold, worth up to $5,000. The company's share price actually rose substantially for weeks after the stock was first sold, before it started dropping after March 4.

Stop falling for Fox News spin

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Biden better hope these numbers start changing.

If the Senate Republicans don't fuck up their COVID-19 response Biden is in a lot of trouble. Trump's tone shift this week changed things around completely, I'm not surprised at all by these numbers. Meanwhile we haven't seen Biden speaking on the crisis in days.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Bernie rejecting Gabbard's endorsement is actually good, but then like... he probably should have rejected Rogan's endorsement too, or at least not blasted it from the rooftops.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
h6qfg6w80qn41.jpg

Gabbard's brother

Did he just plan on not unifying with anyone to get the nomination? Gabbard was in his camp in 2016

Why does the Sanders campaign hate coalition building?
I would not cite this as an example lol. Gabbard is not the kind of person anybody should be buddying up with.
Bernie rejecting Gabbard's endorsement is actually good, but then like... he probably should have rejected Rogan's endorsement too, or at least not blasted it from the rooftops.
This, though, is very fair. Should've rejected them both, and distanced himself from Cenk.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Kind of falls flat on its face when you find out she has her assets in a blind trust and the stocks were sold month ago and they stock actually raised in value after the sell.

www.cbsnews.com

Richard Burr and other senators sold lots of stock as virus fears started

Senate records show the transactions involving Richard Burr and Georgia's Kelly Loeffler, among others, came as lawmakers were getting private briefings on the possible outbreak.

Stop falling for Fox News spin

Did I link Fox at all or did I link to a CBS article that specifically outlined Feinstein's bullshit because even if you went into the minutia of that (because she would always be totally honest, the systems aren't at all set up to protect her, and it couldn't possibly be insider trading because the stocks rose slightly before falling) the issues are with senators being able to trade in the first place?

But nice job. Nice job with that, nice job with posting a Tweet that dishonestly frames Fox's coverage to combat their bullshit (they actually do have articles on the other senators despite being a terrible media source), and good job with the disgusting shit you tried to pull with Tulsi.

Oct 27, 2017
These threads sure have a thing for being disgusted by 'progressive' black/brown women pointing out simple facts. I mean we're not pretending the Feinstein shit doesn't exist are we?
You're not going to shame me, a black dude, with this line of attack.

I'll call her out for her shit regardless of whether she's black or not. Progressive? Nah fam, she's a fauxgressive gaslighter.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You're not going to shame me, a black dude, with this line of attack.

I'll call her out for her shit regardless of whether she's black or not. Progressive? Nah fam, she's a fauxgressive gaslighter.

This has nothing to do with what race you are?

She's a leftist. She has an issue with money in politics and senators trading stocks. She sees the links between capitalism and racism like the leaders of the civil rights movement before her. That doesn't make her disgusting.

Working with segregationists to pass a bill that's done untold damage to PoC across America is disgusting.

Ruining the life of Anita hill to get a conservative sexual harasser on the supreme court is disgusting.

Suggesting women shouldn't have control of their own bodies is disgusting.

Going through with and boasting about an illegal war that resulted in untold numbers of brown peoples deaths is disgusting.

Drone strikes, locking children in cages, mass deportations, US South American foriegn policy, bring in the pockets of banks/pharma, the US health care system, that's also all disgusting.

It's ridiculous that some people here hold 'progressive' black figures in politics from Briahna to West to Turner to a higher standard than their chosen leaders when they don't even and never will have a modicum of the power.

What the fuck is a fauxgressive gaslighter?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
And one group of voters rejected the other group of voters and this is the fallout of that rejection. Again you would be delusional to ever think you were getting both groups and that you could get them to combine their electoral powers like the Planeteers.

No they rejected A CANDIDATE.

People need to stop associated themselves with the candidates and making it personal.

Some other people had a different idea who would make a better president. Period.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Would be a nice idea but it's not happening. The scars from 2016 still flare up constantly around here. Electoral politics is deeply personal for the vast majority of people.

It's a fallacy though. You just said the one group of voters rejected another. They didn't. Even if those others felt rejected.

You clearly buy into this when you say things like that.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You clearly buy into this when you say things like that.
Why does it matter what I buy into? People will react to such and such stimulation based on how they perceive it, no one consults me to determine "should I take this personally?" and its bizarre to suggest they should. I'm only describing what I see, I don't tell these people how they should feel, I just interpret their reactions in a way that makes sense to me.

There is no meaningful difference between "one group of voters rejected the other" and "one group of voters feels like they were rejected by the other". There is perhaps an interesting semantic difference to talk about here but the real world effect is that the rejected voters are lashing out at their rejection, because people are generally bad at handling rejection, perceived or otherwise.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Well, you said "it would be nice" while specifically saying one group rejected the other. So clearly *you* feel that way. And I am saying-- you shouldn't. Not because it makes you bad or wrong or anything, but because it's not based on reality and getting your feelings hurt because most people had a different choice is self-defeating.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
They rejected the homophobe only to fully endorse Joe Rogan. Are they only going for online clout or some shit?

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Whataboutisms Surrounding Homophobia; Prior Severe Ban for Whataboutisms Over a Racist Slur and a History of Defending Bigoted Rhetoric
How is rejecting homophobic cultist Tulsi Gabbard a bad thing

Tulsi vs Bernie: the thread where Era finally eats its own tail.

Also, it takes a special kind of vile to call someone a homophobe when referring to it ("the homophobe"), while ignoring Biden's behavior towards women of all age. The predator? The sniffer?

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
If the Senate Republicans don't fuck up their COVID-19 response Biden is in a lot of trouble. Trump's tone shift this week changed things around completely, I'm not surprised at all by these numbers. Meanwhile we haven't seen Biden speaking on the crisis in days.

What his numbers are now probably won't matter much in 2-3 months when millions more are out of a job and barely getting by on whatever the government is sending out. Though I have no idea how that high % of people in any poll can approve of his response, I guess people just like hearing about possible checks being sent out?

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Um, what do they expect Joe to do? He isn't the President.

This is sort of my thought on it too. If he comes out swinging against Trump right now, I don't know if that's a good look. The argument against him would be "Trump doesn't have time for this, he's trying to handle a national crisis". And since he has no power in the government right now, he can only say so much.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is sort of my thought on it too. If he comes out swinging against Trump right now, I don't know if that's a good look. The argument against him would be "Trump doesn't have time for this, he's trying to handle a national crisis". And since he has no power in the government right now, he can only say so much.
Biden needs to be a vector for criticism that Pelosi/Schumer can't really be because they're knee deep in the weeds having to work with the GOP and their fragile egos in a crisis. Gettting a fireside chat type deal going is a good idea.

Mar 18, 2020
Gray's just an opportunist who's thinks the amount of vocal (and only vocal) Sanders support online means her methods aren't going to harm her future political ambitions or endeavors, and indignant attempts to "how dare you attack this woman of color!" when people point that out aren't going to have any effect, especially when leveled at other black voters. In the same vein "why aren't you shitting on Biden and his surrogates!?" makes no sense when that's not what was being discussed. Biden sucks and has plenty of shit people on his team too, but they are neither as loud or as propped up as Gray so they're not brought up as often.

It's possible to make a point or hold a conversation without relying on hyperbole, deflection, or straight up lying.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The concept of a rhetorical question seems to be a foreign concept.
I'm with Bernie on this. Tulsi is shit and shouldn't be trusted. Biden should reject her endorsement as well
The nicest thing Biden's team could say on the kiss-off tweet post-withdrawal endorsement was "she's a vet."

Even with Bloomberg they could point to Guns/Climate.

Oct 27, 2017
This has nothing to do with what race you are?
You're the one who brought up the fact that she was a black/brown woman and mentioned the racism both her and Nina have dealt with. So miss me with this bullshit. I know exactly what you were angling towards.

These are important issues to address and hold people accountable for obviously. What's not helpful is using them as a vehicle for whataboutism or demonizing people and a party with blanket generalizations and mischaracterizations.

Don't try and portray me as a Biden supporter or someone who ignores his shitty record on sytemic racism, racial issues and legislative policy. Also, let's not ignore the fact that Bernie Sanders is also not without his own issues on these topics.

Both Briahna and Nina supported, enthusiastically supported, Jill Stein. They are not the voices I'm interested in listening to when it comes to championing progressive policies. Sorry, not sorry.

Being a fauxgressive and the act of gas lighting should be self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.