• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017
let's say you are all right and the (to most people) readily apparent truth of biden's early dementia is just a conspiracy theory

if the last election taught us anything, it was that a candidate vulnerable to republican conspiracy theories is a big liability in the general election

can you really risk running someone so easy to make up false narratives about?
*hydropilic attack posted this while quietly brushing Sander's heart attack underneath the rug*

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
let's say you are all right and the (to most people) readily apparent truth of biden's early dementia is just a conspiracy theory

if the last election taught us anything, it was that a candidate vulnerable to republican conspiracy theories is a big liability in the general election

I mean you can literally make up BS about anybody at any time. I don't even understand this argument. If everyone signal boosted Bernie having dementia because he just repeats the exact same speech literally everytime he talks, is that an argument that he shouldn't even be considered a candidate?

And people signal boost the stupidest videos all the time. I just broke down why the last one that was talked about in this thread was just a bunch of lies (like literally the claims on the tweet were contradicted by the video clip within the tweet). Funny how noone wanted to talk about it after I broke it down.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Show me any candidate who isn't "vulnerable to republican conspiracy theories"

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Can we just stop with the Biden is mentally declining stuff? It's clear that most voters don't give two shits about his mental acuity or even his ability to actually be able to do anything once he's in office. Democrats right now would nominate a pile of dog shit if they thought it had the best chance at beating Trump. The truth is that whatever is going on with Biden it's inconsequential to his viability. So until Biden is 100% incoherent or has a stroke on live tv the whole discussion is moot anyways.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we just stop with the Biden is mentally declining stuff? It's clear that most voters don't give two shits about his mental acuity or even his ability to actually be able to do anything once he's in office. Democrats right now would nominate a pile of dog shit if they thought it had the best chance at beating Trump. The truth is that whatever is going on with Biden it's inconsequential to his viability. So until Biden is 100% incoherent or has a stroke on live tv the whole discussion is moot anyways.

The truth is that whatever is or isn't going on with Biden is absolutely relevant to his viability. 'So until he's incoherent' is a pretty terrible metric for the candidate being pushed to beat Trump.

Last edited:

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I will say- if Biden were literally brain dead, I would 1000% vote for him over Trump (and Gabbard). Hell, if he were literally dead, he'd still have my vote. And in the same vein, I would do the same for Sanders (under both circumstances).

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You mean it was an actual diagnosed problem and not a dishonest attack narrative?

You shouldn't be commenting on what conspiracy theories are, let alone what is or isn't a dishonest attack as it pertains to mental health. Chances are you are not a doctor and this isn't about what you want Bidens state to be.

Sanders showed symptoms (that aren't externally obvious) and did the responsible thing. Biden regularly shows symptoms that ARE externally visible. What it is or isn't is up in the air. He should do the responsible thing and get checked out, for himself if nothing else.

Also though, because the appearance of the issue is enough to raise doubts, no matter how ardent you are (in making a pretty specious claim). If there is nothing there it's a political win for Biden to get checked out instead of making people see these symptoms and having to guess.

Your tactic is bad strategy no matter how you cut it. The perception is out there and it can either be weaponized or turned into a win.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
The truth is that whatever is or isn't going on with Biden is absolutely relevant to his viability. 'Under he's incoherent' is a pretty terrible metric for the candidate being pushed to beat Trump.
I mean I would believe you if it weren't for the fact that he's currently winning the primary.

Of course if his mental faculties decline even further then yes that could end up being a problem for his viability. But as of the moment it does not seem to be an issue for the majority of democrats.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Paying for people who are a net negative to your campaign is worse than not hiring them at all.

yep.
You have a former campaigner for Jill Stein and a speech writer that was fired in 1999 because he tried to weaponize white racism, and the candidate he was working for did not like that approach considering both him and his opponent were POC.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yep.
You have a former campaigner for Jill Stein and a speech writer that was fired in 1999 because he tried to weaponize white racism, and the candidate he was working for did not like that approach considering both him and his opponent were POC.

Let's be clear, Sirota was hired because of that campaign, not in spite of it. After being fired, he only spent a couple of months of interning at AIPAC before Sanders brought him on a as a speechwriter

www.theatlantic.com

From a Bogus Website to Bernie Sanders's Inner Circle

David Sirota got fired from a Philly campaign 20 years ago for a racially charged “dirty trick” before he first went to work for the progressive from Vermont.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

whether it's "right" to comment on his mental acuity or not it's not going away. will be the 2020 version of her e-mails, friends with bill ayers, ect

people en mass will be brute forced into 'caring' about it

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. God knows what you think the Warren campaign should be paid.
Anything short of a time machine to prevent the M4A endorsement and have her angle run as the leftmost moderate option (not moderate at all but speaking the language of one) wouldn't have helped. Everyone who tried the "go left" strategy (learning the wrong lessons from 2016) ended up running out of oxygen due to not being able to peel off Bernie voters who weren't budging.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I don't think calling them trolls is helpful for discussion even if they do things we don't always like.
it would seem the cat is out of the bag in terms of unnecessary shots taken at sanders staffers in this thread
poor social media vetting and PPOs with a sketchy history are pretty common in electoral politics. Sanders' campaign is not nearly the outlier on this issue that it is painted as.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
President Warren would have been so good during a pandemic. Plans upon plans upon plans.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
it would seem the cat is out of the bag in terms of unnecessary shots taken at sanders staffers in this thread
poor social media vetting and PPOs with a sketchy history are pretty common in electoral politics. Sanders' campaign is not nearly the outlier on this issue that it is painted as.

I mean his staffers deserve to be held accountable for the things they do, just as Biden's do. I just don't think labeling them as trolls helps anyone.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Bickering over what Bernie couldn't do or how he needed to compromise is going to look real fucking stupid by the end of this year. Thankfully if Joe gets it, we will be in such dire straits that he will have no choice but to be more progressive with his policy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"I have a compromised immune system, but I'm still only 21, but I'm not even worried because I take supplements and I self medicate." seems like what someone would say if they were trying to make fun of one of these people. But this isn't proof of much when you had people of all ages crowding OHare and Costcos.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Biden still has a muslim outreach coordinator with ties to Modi so the bad staff talk is pretty fucking rich

His outreach coordinator could be Fairuz herself, no one is forgetting about the drone strikes. Doesn't surprise me that they put in 0 effort.

The part about Biden that bothers me the most is that he knows that he has 0 good will among most minorities for past atrocities but that they have no other choice. When people attempt to hold him accountable, he doesn't justify or rationalize his actions, he taunts people with "then vote for Trump".

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
His outreach coordinator could be Fairuz herself, no one is forgetting about the drone strikes. Doesn't surprise me that they put in 0 effort.

The part about Biden that bothers me the most is that he knows that he has 0 good will among most minorities for past atrocities but that they have no other choice. When people attempt to hold him accountable, he doesn't justify or rationalize his actions, he taunts people with "then vote for Trump".

That doesn't explain his favorables among a lot of those people, or people saying they trust him more than Sanders, even PoC.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
"I have a compromised immune system, but I'm still only 21, but I'm not even worried because I take supplements and I self medicate." seems like what someone would say if they were trying to make fun of one of these people. But this isn't proof of much when you had people of all ages crowding OHare and Costcos.
I think her voice dripping with sarcasm and her friends laughing as she was saying it were the giveaways that she may have been joking here. Still just a hypothesis though. Lab results should be in within the week.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think her voice dripping with sarcasm and her friends laughing as she was saying it were the giveaways that she may have been joking here. Still just a hypothesis though. Lab results should be in within the week.

That's just how young people sound to me nowadays thanks to having a kid in college.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
My understanding was that Muslims and Latinos broke for Bernie?

Here and there yeah, I mean I wouldn't say that's true for Florida for example. Bernie also gets a lot of the black youth voters but doesn't have the favorables Biden has with older ones. It's just not true that Biden has "0 good will among most minorities".

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

The airport crowding is Trump's fault, people are heading home rightfully due to the travel bans but those policies are being implemented horribly, resulting in delays and long lines.

Can we please remember while we bicker Trump's incompetence, corruption, sheer disregard for Americans is about to actually fuck us up. If Bernie or Biden engage in a debate that hurts either one, I will be sorely disappointed. 4 more years of Trump is unacceptable to anyone, moderate, centrist, or leftist.

Status
Not open for further replies.