• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Um yes. Trump was a thought last time, we know who he is and what the consequences are of another 4 years of Trump.
It's not us that need convincing though, it's the firewall that needs convincing. If they felt Hillary wasn't listening to them and disrespected them how's Biden's approach different?

He also doesn't have the baggage that Clinton had.
Well, not the same baggage but Hillary had years of propaganda against her going so I'll give you that.

All that aside though, and Coronavirus aside, we are running against an incumbent. Clearly Democrats are hungry for any swinging dick moderate Democrat they can vote for but I don't know that that hunger translates to the independents. I'm also not arguing Sanders would do better, he may do better with certain helpful demographics in some States but who knows who we'd give up for those votes and if they're enough. But I still think, virus aside, we need someone who can go out and campaign.

The virus may eliminate this disparity between Trump and Biden and then it just falls down to who goes out and votes but I wouldn't bank on an outside threat to win an election.

I have seen no evidence that Biden can campaign.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how do you know that is not the case? every individual is subject to a matrix of competing demands and information that they have to negotiate. Things wouldn't manifest themselves as straightforwardly as that.
Which is exactly why its an opinion, not a fact, that young people care more. They will acquire more demands and information over time and eventually see things arent inevitable just because an ally doesnt acquire the presidency. They care as much as they can see and over time they'll care more about down ballot races.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
At this point continuing to run your one in a million chance campaign in the middle of a pandemic seems irresponsible.

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
At this point continuing to run your one in a million chance campaign in the middle of a pandemic seems irresponsible.
How so? They've started doing streams in place of rallies. They've told their staffers to work from home. Some states are starting to delay their elections, not that they have any control over that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing #RuthBaderGinsburg trending and then finding out it's just because it's her birthday is a nice little panic attack reminder of the stakes this election.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did i once say that you should not vote for Biden in the general. No, but if your one argument for why Biden is good is "TRUMPBAD" than it sounds like biden sucks shit

I also want you to say this into the eyes of a Palestinian child

if you'd take a minute to read the thread you were responding to instead of doing more random ad hominem and subject changes you'd realized what your response was embracing.

And since I didn't once suggest Biden was in any way "good" I'd just like to put a spotlight on your "look into a Palestinian child's eyes" addendum as beyond embarrassing. You should have just gone ahead and accused me of supporting gas chambers and hitler.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This pales in comparison with the consent that the media has been manufacturing against sanders

you just said it didn't have any effect. The onus is on you to cite evidence or information aligned with that claim. You weren't arguing about the Media (the same media that sent Biden to the woodshed for two thirds of his campaign and breathlessly reported it was Sanders' to lose and talked about Trump's international dysentery as if it was just a regular politician doing stuff and repeated Bill Barr's Censored propaganda As if it were true ).

You were arguing specifically that Russian bot farms producing agitprop were having literally no effect.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Exactly. They're either both corrupt or neither are corrupt. To argue one is and the other isn't, that's an argument in bad faith because you have to default to "because reasons".
The difference is that Sanders constantly talks about campaign finance law is corrupt and that politicians taking money from corporations almost always ends up with the working class getting fucked. Biden still gladly accepts money from corporations and never talks about how doing so is bad for the working class.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The hubris of this man is his greatest downfall.

A campaign ran on rampant delusion more than anything else. The progressive movement needs a new shepherd, yesterday.

If anything Liberals are the deluded ones for thinking Leftists will so easily bow to them.

"Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds", leftist realize that liberals in perpetuating the tyranny of capitalism are just as responsible for right wing authoritarianism. I trust Bernie will fight to the bitter end, if he is as true a comrade as I've measured him to be.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
The difference is that Sanders constantly talks about campaign finance law is corrupt and that politicians taking money from corporations almost always ends up with the working class getting fucked. Biden still gladly accepts money from corporations and never talks about how doing so is bad for the working class.
www.congress.gov

Cosponsors - S.1103 - 93rd Congress (1973-1974): Congressional Election Finance Act

Cosponsors of S.1103 - 93rd Congress (1973-1974): Congressional Election Finance Act

Biden's been fighting this fight since the 70s. Hes not going to kneecap his campaign while doing so.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
If anything Liberals are the deluded ones for thinking Leftists will so easily bow to them.

"Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds", leftist realize that liberals in perpetuating the tyranny of capitalism are just as responsible for right wing authoritarianism. I trust Bernie will fight to the bitter end, if he is as true a comrade as I've measured him to be.
WTF are you talking about? Nobody thinks leftists will easily bow. People just want Bernie to drop out, because it's over. Him staying in does not help the ultimate goal, which is defeating Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario

people will jump on this because it is confrontational. But at the end of the day, time and time again, capitalism has demonstrated that democracy is eminently disposable as soon as it gets in the way.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
www.congress.gov

Cosponsors - S.1103 - 93rd Congress (1973-1974): Congressional Election Finance Act

Cosponsors of S.1103 - 93rd Congress (1973-1974): Congressional Election Finance Act

Biden's been fighting this fight since the 70s. Hes not going to kneecap his campaign while doing so.
How exactly has that bill helped prevent corporate corruption from seeping into politics? Spoiler alert: the problem has only gotten worse since then. Joe Biden doesn't deserve a medal for shit when he's still taking money from Super PACs. FECA is definitely a good thing, but at the end of the day it's another milquetoast regulation designed to create the illusion that any of these people actually give a shit about the corruption they take part in.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
WTF are you talking about? Nobody thinks leftists will easily bow. People just want Bernie to drop out, because it's over. Him staying in does not help the ultimate goal, which is defeating Trump.
I want to see how Biden performs in a debate with Bernie Sanders. The dude's brain doesn't work and seeing him humiliated on stage could give Bernie the boost he deserves. Many states haven't gotten a chance to vote yet. This isn't over. It's half time.

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
Who are "people" here? How does staying in hinder that goal? You know, you could just tune out the rest of the primary, if you feel it's done. Might save you the frustration of waiting for Bernie to "fuck off" or whatever

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
I want to see how Biden performs in a debate with Bernie Sanders. The dude's brain doesn't work and seeing him humiliated on stage could give Bernie the boost he deserves. Many states haven't gotten a chance to vote yet. This isn't over. It's half time.
And when this doesn't happen.. Then what? What's the next goal post move?

I do agree with other states getting the chance to vote, which is why only Iowa and New Hampshire voting first is idiotic moving forward.

Should be done in stages, maybe 4 sets of contests.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
How exactly has that bill helped prevent corporate corruption from seeping into politics? Spoiler alert: the problem has only gotten worse since then. Joe Biden doesn't deserve a medal for shit when he's still taking money from Super PACs. FECA is definitely a good thing, but at the end of the day it's another milquetoast regulation designed to create the illusion that any of these people actually give a shit about the corruption they take part in.

Because it's step one.

www.congress.gov

Cosponsors - S.J.Res.18 - 105th Congress (1997-1998): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions and expenditures intended to affect elections.

Cosponsors of S.J.Res.18 - 105th Congress (1997-1998): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions and expenditures intended to affect elections.

It's incredibly frustrating when you dismiss all evidence that goes against your worldview.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed. Crazy how low our discourse has sunk.

Nobody has said that Joe Biden isn't prone to gaffes and anybody who is aware of his history as a politician knows this. Jumping on every single one, regurgitating doctored videos and claiming that someone is saying things they didn't say is something else entirely. Maybe common sense should prevail and people like you and others should drop the armchair neurological diagnosis because you have absolutely zero clue on the state of Biden's neurological capabilities. It's gross and offensive, for the thousandth time.

This is getting the play it's getting and has been signal boosted to the nth degree by Sanders' hardcore supporters because they can't deal with the fact that he is being absolutely destroyed by Biden in the primaries fair and square. Simple as that.

Did you speak up when Sanders' supporters were hoping that COVID-19 would cause older voters to stay home and not vote?

Again, crazy how low our discourse has sunk.
Did you speak up when Trump was/is getting shit on for his mental capabilities? They are politicians and people are allowed to have opinions on the way they are behaving.

At least we can agree that it's not a conspiracy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Did you speak up when Trump was/is getting shit on for his mental capabilities? They are politicians and people are allowed to have opinions on the way they are behaving.

At least we can agree that it's not a conspiracy.

It is a conspiracy. Any time people can cobble together clips of someone managing a stutter, making the same gaffes that they always have, and pointing at smoking guns that have been disproven and use that as "proof" of something, but then people try to counter with things like his speeches the last few days and other interviews where he doesn't make any mistakes and those are shrugged off it's not opinion, it's dishonest.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
It is a conspiracy. Any time people can cobble together clips of someone managing a stutter, making the same gaffes that they always have, and pointing at smoking guns that have been disproven and use that as "proof" of something, but then people try to counter with things like his speeches the last few days and other interviews where he doesn't make any mistakes and those are shrugged off it's not opinion, it's dishonest.
You can call it armchair analysis, speculation, people talking out of their ass, but it is not a conspiracy since there is no accusation of conspiring.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea where these posts implying Biden has dementia or something are allowed on here.

Because he could have early onset of some sort. Cognitive decline in itself is not really arguable if you compare him to even how he was under 5 years ago. This is something that was consensus around the start of the primary, all the way up until Biden re-emerging as the front runner.

It's not a conspiracy to speculate based on an abundance of circumstantial evidence that suggests mental decline for someone in their late 70s.

Going with 'it's all a conspiracy' is playing into Republicans hands FWIW

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You can call it armchair analysis, speculation, people talking out of their ass, but it is not a conspiracy since there is no accusation of conspiring.

The conspiracy is when people share the same edited clips to push the shared narrative. They don't have to be having a midnight rendezvous for it to be a conspiracy. That kind of rationale has never been true. 9/11 truthers aren't all working together.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Because he could have early onset of some sort. Cognitive decline in itself is not really arguable if you compare him to even how he was under 5 years ago. This is something that was consensus around the start of the primary, all the way up until Biden re-emerging as the front runner.

It's not a conspiracy to speculate based on an abundance of circumstantial evidence that suggests mental decline for someone in their late 70s.

Going with 'it's all a conspiracy' is playing into Republicans hands FWIW
So how would you explain Bernie's mental decline? Have your seen how crazy he is on stage flapping his arms and hands around all over the place? This isn't normal behavior.
Am I doing it right? Not sure what the protocol is for this sort of nonsense..

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
This is how I feel. It's annoying that people say it's impossible for Sanders to win and that nothing can change. Everything can change in a very short amount of time! That's exactly what happened because of South Carolina. One endorsement in one state changed the entire course of the primary. Seemingly insignificant things can have outsized impacts on the race.

And honestly what benefit would there be to Sanders dropping out now? A lot of Sanders supporters don't want him to give up yet so why upset them by having Sanders drop out before Biden has actually secured the needed delegates to actually say he won? I think you'd have a better chance of getting Sanders supporters to support Biden in the general if we just let the primary play out until it's over over. If Biden destroys Sanders like everyone is saying he will, then let that serve as proof that Sanders just didn't have what it takes to win the nomination.

Sanders dropping out now would just make his supporters feel dejected and unenthused. Sanders is going to have to work like hell to get his supporters excited for Biden, and I think he'll be more successful in that endeavor when there is a shorter period of time between him dropping out or losing the primary and the general election.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

It's been refuted over and over and over. People have posted articles from the Obama administration where they were trying to minimize his gaffes. People have shown interviews and speeches where he made no mistakes. But people take a mitigated stutter here, a gaffe like the kind he's famous for there, dishonest attacks like the sister/wife mix up there, and edit it all together to make it look like a problem that isn't there. And when you share that dishonest line of attack, you're not showing concern. You're weaponizing mental health issues to attack a rival candidate.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The conspiracy is when people share the same edited clips to push the shared narrative. They don't have to be having a midnight rendezvous for it to be a conspiracy. That kind of rationale has never been true. 9/11 truthers aren't all working together.

That's not... they aren't a part of the conspiracy, they are propagating a conspiracy theory. That the US government organized in secret and deliberately staged or orchestrated 9/11.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i feel like current events could boost bernie's campaign

they really demonstrate the inadequacies and vulnerabilities of the american healthcare system

bernie should push biden hard on this, and if he biden doesn't move considerably left, stay in the race and run on the necessity of better healthcare to combat situations like the coronavirus pandemic

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. On the other hand, what is a conspiracy is accusing people of sharing clips so they can put together some narrative to sabotage Biden.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been refuted over and over and over. People have posted articles from the Obama administration where they were trying to minimize his gaffes. People have shown interviews and speeches where he made no mistakes. But people take a mitigated stutter here, a gaffe like the kind he's famous for there, dishonest attacks like the sister/wife mix up there, and edit it all together to make it look like a problem that isn't there. And when you share that dishonest line of attack, you're not showing concern. You're weaponizing mental health issues to attack a rival candidate.

You really don't want to go with 'but Biden can still do a speech without making a mistake' as proof that he is or isn't in the process of mental decline or has a worsening condition. There are enough signs that he should see a doctor.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
let's say you are all right and the (to most people) readily apparent truth of biden's early dementia is just a conspiracy theory

if the last election taught us anything, it was that a candidate vulnerable to republican conspiracy theories is a big liability in the general election

can you really risk running someone so easy to make up false narratives about?

CharMomone

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it doesn't change the outcome of the primary I still look forward to the Biden/Sanders debate. If Biden can pull in some of the less fervent Sanders supporters away from not voting in the general election then the debate would be a positive.

If Biden however does terribly in the debate and that damages his campaign in the following primaries then Sanders would have every right to push it till the bitter end.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You really don't want to go with 'but Biden can still do a speech without making a mistake' as proof that he is or isn't in the process of mental decline or has a worsening condition. There are enough signs that he should see a doctor.

So fairly long speeches showing no sign of "cognitive decline" aren't proof, but cobbled together clips of momentary stutters and gaffes are? You're making my point for me.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
let's say you are all right and the (to most people) readily apparent truth of biden's early dementia is just a conspiracy theory

if the last election taught us anything, it was that a candidate vulnerable to republican conspiracy theories is a big liability in the general election

can you really risk running someone so easy to make up false narratives about?

Kinda feel like you wouldn't be saying this if this thread was full of people calling Sanders a communist days away from a lethal heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.