• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The irony here is palpable
Joe Biden's climate plan has an F rating
Joe Biden has worked to cut social security his entire life
Joe Biden has worked to cut medicare his entire life
Joe Biden worked with segregationist
Joe Biden said he didn't want his kids growing up in a racial jungle
Obama and Joe Biden opened the child concentration camps
dare i mention his role in the Anita Hill hearings
Oh and what about this

I know your political leaning toward neoliberal scum is sacred and pure thus worth maintaining even at the cost of elected a racist, sexist, senile dipshit and the lives of people who can't afford healthcare and the millions that will die because of climate change
You want to tell us why staying home on principle and potentially giving Trump congress and four more years will be a superior outcome, with realistic examples of positive change as a result?

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
You want to tell us why staying home on principle and potentially giving Trump congress and four more years will be a superior outcome, with realistic examples of positive change as a result?
Did i once say that you should not vote for Biden in the general. No, but if your one argument for why Biden is good is "TRUMPBAD" than it sounds like biden sucks shit

I also want you to say this into the eyes of a Palestinian child

Last edited:

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Biden is senile. You can't fucking deny this

It's politics, get over it

When the entire media and party apparatus are used to destroy the canidate trying to dismantle it, then yeah that sounds rigged

I'm sorry people are being mean but now is not the time for civility. People are going to die because they lack healthcare. Fucking climate change. We have to get messy

Biden should earn bernie bro's votes.

Edit:

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Completely agree that Biden needs to earn the vote of Bernie supporters. On the other hand it feels like a catch-22 for Bernie supporters. If we vote for Biden , it means we're helping defeat trump, a vile and despicable racist and sexist who is causing tangible harm to people. On the other hand, supporting Biden signals to the DNC that they don't have to change and that they can continue putting forth these shit candidates that won't change anything purely on the basis that they aren't Republican.

It fucking sucks and I hate it.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Completely agree that Biden needs to earn the vote of Bernie supporters. On the other hand it feels like a catch-22 for Bernie supporters. If we vote for abide , it means we're helping defeat trump, a vile and despicable racist and sexist who is causing tangible harm to people. On the other hand, supporting Biden signals to the DNC that they don't have to change and that they can continue putting forth these shit candidates that won't change anything purely on the basis that they aren't Republican.

Vote for Biden and then on day one start protesting

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
honest to god, part of why Bernie is getting shafted is probably cause its Trump, shit is just too important to lose. Majority of democrats are open to Bernie's policies, but they just want to remove Trump more.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

implying that Biden had a corruption problem for one when he's been one of the few politicians to not own a stock for most of his political career
www.mediaite.com

Bernie Sanders Apologizes for Op-Ed Alleging Biden Is Corrupt

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders apologized for a surrogate's op-ed—that his campaign amplified—claiming Biden has a 'big corruption problem'

note: this was blasted out to tons of Bernie supporters on mailing list. While Bernie apologizes, it was nevertheless action taken by two operatives high up in Bernie's campaign. Should also be noted Briahna Joy Gray was a part of the Jill Stein campaign.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
implying that Biden had a corruption problem for one when he's been one of the few politicians to not own a stock for most of his political career
www.mediaite.com

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders apologized for a surrogate's op-ed—that his campaign amplified—claiming Biden has a 'big corruption problem'
Damn sucks that Sanders disavowed that op-ed cause that shit slaps

Oct 27, 2017
Biden is senile. You can't fucking deny this

Claiming that Biden is suffering from dementia has no basis in reality. That's what people have an issue with.

It's politics, get over it

So are endorsements. If Bernie wants to burn bridges and not even attempt to work with others, that's his fault.

When the entire media and party apparatus are used to destroy the canidate trying to dismantle it, then yeah that sounds rigged

This erasure is fucking repulsive. Just stop it. Joe Biden is increasing turnout, winning by huge margins among black voters, suburban voters and working class voters in swing states that will decide this election.

Continue screaming about the establishment stealing this nomination from Sanders though. He benefited from the anti-Hillary vote in 2016 and has done absolutely nothing to shore up support since then.

Going to bat for racist white voters in Mississippi, going to bat for racist white voters in Florida, not even trying to sit down and hash out ideological differences with influential lawmakers like Rep Clyburn and others in the CBC, shunning appearances in Southern states with large black populations, not showing up in Selma, running an ad with President Obama speaking nice about him after wanting to primary him in 2012 and on and on and on we go. Just because Sanders marched in a Civil Rights rally ain't gonna work.

I'm sorry people are being mean but now is not the time for civility. People are going to die because they lack healthcare. Fucking climate change. We have to get messy

That's right. Won't happen if we don't win in November. Joe Biden is the best chance of that happening.

Biden should earn bernie bro's votes.

I am hopeful that Biden wins over the rational and non-racist, non-conspiracy theory believing voters from Sanders' campaign. That is something he should, and I think will, do. The "bros" who are so far off the deep end they're almost indistinguishable from Trump voters can continue whining on the internet.

As for earning votes, it's something Bernie Sanders hasn't done a great job of. The policies are very popular, the man isn't. Why shouldn't he have to earn the votes of my community, the African American community? Or any other communities. It seems the hardcore Sanders supporters think that our support is owed to him and if we don't then it's because we're "low information voters who don't know what's good for us".

It isn't, sorry.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
www.mediaite.com

note: this was blasted out to tons of Bernie supporters on mailing list. While Bernie apologizes, it was nevertheless action taken by two operatives high up in Bernie's campaign. Should also be noted Briahna Joy Gray was a part of the Jill Stein campaign.

Wait, you think the Zephyr Teachout article was a lie?

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
honest to god, part of why Bernie is getting shafted is probably cause its Trump, shit is just too important to lose. Majority of democrats are open to Bernie's policies, but they just want to remove Trump more.
Yeah this is the silver lining. Progressives likely won't have a shot at the Oval Office for another 16 years. In the meantime we can work on electing progressives to congress who might be able to pass progressive legislation as long as a democrat is president.

I really hope that if sanders loses he still acts as a lightning rod for progressives. If Biden wins the general we still need to fight like hell to get things like M4A passed.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you think the Zephyr Teachout article was a lie?

It's not corruption for sure which by default makes it a lie. Almost all his political funding he has used on his campaigns.he has one of the lowest net worth of any politician. So, where's the corruption? Taking campaign funds?

JOE BIDEN HAS A FUCKING F RATING ON HIS CLIMATE PLAN. JOE BIDEN SAID HE'D VETO MEDICARE FOR ALL. Joe Biden is not going to fix anything HE IS THE PROBLEM

Bernie Sanders has not passed a bill he proposed.
Bernie Sanders has not supplied any information that shows his plans are feasible and likely to pass.
Bernie Sanders would likely end up with no climate bill like what he would want. In fact, it'd look a whole lot like what Biden would get passed.
Bernie Sanders is the problem.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Completely agree that Biden needs to earn the vote of Bernie supporters. On the other hand it feels like a catch-22 for Bernie supporters. If we vote for Biden , it means we're helping defeat trump, a vile and despicable racist and sexist who is causing tangible harm to people. On the other hand, supporting Biden signals to the DNC that they don't have to change and that they can continue putting forth these shit candidates that won't change anything purely on the basis that they aren't Republican.

If you're putting all of your faith in any candidate for President to "change the system," then that's kind of on you since it's congress that passes laws. That's where you need to be more passionate in elections. Hoping that a President will come in and have congress just go along with all of their proposals is pure fantasy. None of Bernie's proposals would make it through congress as he's pitched them. The funny thing is, even if they got watered down enough to eventually be able to pass, people would still complain about them not going far enough.

Oct 27, 2017
JOE BIDEN HAS A FUCKING F RATING ON HIS CLIMATE PLAN. JOE BIDEN SAID HE'D VETO MEDICARE FOR ALL. Joe Biden is not going to fix anything HE IS THE PROBLEM
Go listen to that interview again. He doesn't say what you think he says.

The fact that you can't address anything else and are in this thread with nothing but ridiculous hyperbole is incredibly transparent.

If you would take the time, you'd already realize that 99% of us want Biden to move further left on numerous issues. We're just not the ones posting alt-right sourced conspiracy theories.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019

Have you even fucking read his transcript on M4A?

"I would veto anything that delays providing the security and the certainty of health care being available now. If they got that through in by some miracle or there's an epiphany that occurred and some miracle occurred that said, 'OK, it's passed,' then you got to look at the cost. I want to know, how did they find $35 trillion? What is that doing? Is it going to significantly raise taxes on the middle class, which it will? What's going to happen?"

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, stop being right all the time while everyone else is wrong, just fucking be evil. God if only Sanders sucked ass than he'd be a better politician

I mean a huge part of being a politician is getting your policies passed. Having good policy means nothing if it never makes it out the door. It's the equivalent of doing nothing for the sake of grand standing.

and more importantly since the president has no direct legislative power, it's even more important that the president be able to use soft negotiation powers such as building congressional coalitions to put forward legislation.

Oct 27, 2017
Have you even fucking read his transcript on M4A?
What's terrifying is if you go to the SandersForPresident subreddit, the entire first 3 pages are literally this (Biden's positions being taken out of context), claims that he has dementia and election fraud conspiracy theories.

Trump has created cults of personality around politicians to such a degree I don't see the political process ever being healed from it.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
I mean a huge part of being a politician is getting your policies passed. Having good policy means nothing if it never makes it out the door. It's the equivalent of doing nothing for the sake of grand standing.
I'm sorry but i'm going to become an adult in a world fucked by climate change. At this point I really don't care, i just need hope

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. It was an article that more or less tries to justify both sidesism in an effort to try to prop up Bernie Sanders.
What does that even mean. I should have kept you ignored but you are arguing in bad faith.

Here's one example from that article.

First, Biden's support for finance over working-class Americans. His career was bankrolled by the credit card industry. He delivered for it by spearheading a bankruptcy bill that made it harder for Americans to reduce their debts and helped cause the financial crisis. He not only authored and voted for that bill, he split with Barack Obama and led the battle to vote down Democratic amendments.

You can argue this stuff doesn't matter but this is clearly an example of corruption.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Trump won in 2016 so if becoming like trump supporters is what gets us to be able to save peoples lives than i really don't care about moral superiority

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
If you're putting all of your faith in any candidate for President to "change the system," then that's kind of on you since it's congress that passes laws. That's where you need to be more passionate in elections. Hoping that a President will come in and have congress just go along with all of their proposals is pure fantasy. None of Bernie's proposals would make it through congress as he's pitched them. The funny thing is, even if they got watered down enough to eventually be able to pass, people would still complain about them not going far enough.
It's depressing that we can't even expect our elected officials to pass legislation like Medicare 4 All when a majority of their constituents support it. It's no wonder why so many people don't vote in this country. Continually electing the same status quo for politicians who will change the absolute bare minimum and expecting any substantial material change is the definition of insanity. People don't vote because they know that it doesn't really matter whether they vote republican or Democrat, they are still going to get fucked at the end of the day.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can ALWAYS pay for basic human rights by significantly reducing the absurd costs of the military and appropriately taxing the rich.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
What's terrifying is if you go to the SandersForPresident subreddit, the entire first 3 pages are literally this (Biden's positions being taken out of context), claims that he has dementia and election fraud conspiracy theories.

Trump has created cults of personality around politicians to such a degree I don't see the political process ever being healed from it.

I would take some solace that likely half or more of those are Russian Bots and trolls from their farms. At least, I hope as much. Not much, but it's something.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, corruption has nothing to do with big corporations influencing politicians with large sums of money.

not really large sums of money he ever directly saw. The first year where Biden saw more than his politician salary was 2017 where he got $11 million from selling a book.

otherwise, all the money went to his campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.