• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017

What is going on here?

I already know the answer to this, but is there a reason that descriptions of Biden videos always have to have lies in them and videos always have to be stitched together? If things are as obvious as people claim, it really weakens that argument. For example, can someone timestamp exactly where Biden walks out of frame of the camera? People realize that other people have eyes right?

supra

Oct 30, 2017
I already know the answer to this, but is there a reason that descriptions of Biden videos always have to have lies in them and videos always have to be stitched together? If things are as obvious as people claim, it really weakens that argument. For example, can someone timestamp exactly where Biden walks out of frame of the camera? People realize that other people have eyes right?
I literally posted a link to the timestamped video on the last page from Joe's official Facebook.

Joe isn't exactly giving people a lot of shit they can stitch together, it's just whenever he does show up, it's for a short amount of time and his brain shortcircuits.

Oct 27, 2017
You are pushing for a terrible candidate with a good chance of not only losing but doing nothing to help people in this country or even world when it comes to climate change. I hope you feel good about it.

I'm supporting the only candidate left in this primary who actually has a chance of defeating Trump in November. This primary has shown that he has a vastly better chance of doing that than Sanders. What I don't feel good about is the discord that Sanders' campaign seems to be sowing once again and ridiculous conspiracy theories coming from his most ardent supporters.

We actually agree about Biden's proposed climate initiatives not even being close to acceptable. That's why he and his administration will be need to be pushed further left and adopt more aggressive measures. You don't do that by demonizing people and claiming that this primary has been rigged when voters have resoundingly shown up for one candidate and not the other.

Did I miss something?
Nope. Some still think that the debate is going to be a moment that shifts the momentum in this race and flips a 40 point gap in FL and 20 point gaps in AZ, IL and OH.

Oct 27, 2017
The description of that video is ridiculously hyperbolic to begin with and people are actually defending it. The motive is pretty clear.

It claims Biden forgets what year this is. That's not true. He says "I can't get that done for another 2 years -- another year" and then mistakenly mentions November (the month of the election) instead of the month he'd be sworn in (January).

It's laughable how desperate some people are.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I literally posted a link to the timestamped video on the last page from Joe's official Facebook.

Joe isn't exactly giving people a lot of shit they can stitch together, it's just whenever he does show up, it's for a short amount of time and his brain shortcircuits.
So.... which part of the clip in the tweet has Biden walking out of frame of the camera as the tweet says? The framing is so disingenuous. I dont need someone to tell me what to think. I can see with my own eyes. Do people really think that lying about what a video clip shows helps their argument?

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

It's not doctored, you can literally watch it on Joe's FB page. Start at 1:50.

Incredible.

There's a reason it's stitched together like that. You can watch the original. He walks out of the frame while talking. It's not normal behavior.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly nervous clicking that video, because Biden talking always makes me nervous, but it is was incredibly benign.

btw, zoom fucking sucks. I rue the day my company switched to it

There's a reason it's stitched together like that. You can watch the original. He walks out of the frame while talking. It's not normal behavior.

It's completely normal, given their bizarre setup. He isn't talking to the camera, he is talking to the phone in his hand. He is pacing like he does in any other town hall. He only dips half out of the frame and back in it by the time they switch to the logo. Nobody would even notice if they hadn't done that. You make it sound like he forgot where he was and just wandered off in the middle of his event. That's bullshit

I do the same thing on conference calls

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Those ardent Bernie supporters spreading conspiracy theories at .. Sky News AU.

If you're getting your news from News Corp, you're probably in the wrong thread. alas, I bet this is spreading like wildfire in Bernie circles and you picked it up from there. The enemy of your enemy is not your friend

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Climate Change for Boomers:

Imagine if fifteen years ago a bunch of scientists had predicted the specific year and cause and method of prevention for Coronavirus and the accompanying stock market crash?

only in this scenario Coronavirus has 100% contagion and fatality rate?

and Coronavirus destroyed houses and farms and vacations?

That's Climate Change.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Those ardent Bernie supporters spreading conspiracy theories at .. Sky News AU.

From the renowned author of such pieces as: "The Left 'don't want' you discussing COVID-19's origins: Panahi", 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people', and 'Gender wage gap is 'highly inflated by feminists'.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao. I actually just watched the video. Seriously? Everyone- this is a less than 5 minute video. Everyone should watch this. This is exactly the kind of bullshit that I am trying to call out.
Let me go through the tweet.
"In a bizarre, meandering livestream put on by Joe Biden's campaign today, he forgets what year it is and when, if he doesn't lose, he would be in office."
Ignoring the loaded "if he doesn't lose," here's the context- it was a live town hall. The guy, who many Sanders and far right supporters have been claiming has dementia, took live questions and somehow managed to answer them. The Biden campaign is kinda doing a bad job of hiding him aren't they? Hmmm. Anyway, here's what he says:
"And I can get it done. And I can get it done quickly. And people will be covered. But even I can't do that for another two year- another year between now and November. Or actually January. But, to be covered." I don't need to explain this to anyone because I welcome everyone to watch the whole video clip itself (seriously, it's less than 5 minutes and is located at https://www.facebook.com/7860876103/videos/202356457661426/). He misstates exactly how far away he'd theoretically be in office and then corrects it to "another year" in "January." Wow, MEGATON. Again, watch the video. It's less than 5 minutes long. Can we get some dementia testing for all those 20 year olds who still put "2019" when they have to write the current date? Also, Bernie seemed to "forget" that he didn't lead working class voters in South Carolina. THAT'S NOT NORMAL. CAN WE TEST HIM PLEASE?
"At another point, he seemingly forgets he's on a live stream and walks out of frame. The feed cuts away to a logo instead."
So, first off, the feed cuts to a logo right when he's staring directly at the camera at ~0:25. What's the conspiracy theory behind that? He's looking too directly at the camera so they have to cut to his logo? Or maybe it's that the whole point of the livestream is to promote him and his campaign so they're trying to tell people what to text to where? As to where he supposedly "walks out of frame," it's at around 2:15. He walks towards the edge of the frame as he paces talking to a person on speakerphone (btw, NEVER EVER walk and talk to someone on the phone or people will claim you have dementia). He literally never walks out of frame (as you can tell by noone being able to point to where he does). As soon as he turns around and starts to walk towards the center again, the video starts showing his "Text IL to 30330" ad slide again (just like at 0:25). That's totally him walking out of frame and his campaign trying to hide him.

Again, do people not have eyes or critical thinking abilities? What is lying about Biden and then showing video clips that are the opposite of what you claim supposed to prove? Like the dementia BS, literally as soon as people actually watch the video, all of the lies are disproven. People tried this stuff in 2016 and it only worked because people already hated Clinton. It's not going to work with Biden because society isn't programmed to automatically distrust older white males.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
At this point I'm not seeing ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between Trumpers and Bernie Bros. Both are shitty assholes, but only a different brand of it. I WILL say that Bernie Bros at least have SOME desire to improve the world, but no, the bullshit means do NOT justify the ends when it comes to the bullshit you people believe and are doing.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's very helpful to make those sorts of comparisons, but I do wish people would stop posting this right wing junk as if it's a smoking gun.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this last pages have been something else. So these Bernie folk, what exactly do you want to happen? They should ignore all the people voting for Biden and just hand the nomination to Sanders even though more people voted for Biden?

Also right wing video bullshit... seriously?

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm not seeing ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between Trumpers and Bernie Bros. Both are shitty assholes, but only a different brand of it. I WILL say that Bernie Bros at least have SOME desire to improve the world, but no, the bullshit means do NOT justify the ends when it comes to the bullshit you people believe and are doing.
A lot of the "Wow, both sides are the same" and "Rigged!" or "voting doesn't actually matter" rhetoric in 2016 was just people on the other side trying to depress the youth vote by pretending to speak for young people. A lot of the supposed Bernie supporters in the media trying to push this narrative back then somehow miraculously switched to Trump after he got elected (remember H.A. Goodman anyone?).

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
48b.jpg

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Bros at least have SOME desire to improve the world, but no, the bullshit means do NOT justify the ends when it comes to the bullshit you people believe and are doing.
Seriously, it's like, what happened to civility??

You're going to have to be more specific about who you are talking about and what they're actually doing that bothers you.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
Seriously, it's like, what happened to civility??

You're going to have to be more specific about who you are talking about and what they're actually doing that bothers you.
Uhhhh...maybe the dementia bullshit that's being peddled out right now? The fucking Biden hit pieces? The claims of a rigged system to explain away Bernie's losses? Shit in my own posts a fucking say that Trumpers are worse, but that's not a high bar to clear. The Bernie Bros are using the same bullshit tactics does that the right used.

Just because you're progressive does NOT immunize you from criticism and being called out for bullshit chicanery ESPECIALLY when you try to play a holier than art thou attitude and play up some nonsense about maintaining your ideals and abstaining from voting just because it's not your guy on the ballot.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I hope Sanders stays in as long as he did in 2016. Would be fitting since people like to say he's running the same campaign as in '16.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
We may end up in a situation where the VP needs to be a Governor, simply because of a critical need for executive experience. It's my big reservation with a Harris pick, as a DA's office, while kind of applicable, isn't the same as a Governor's position, and her campaign wasn't exactly the best run operation.
My mom said the same thing that is a knock against Harris (and why she thinks it'll be the Michigan Governor). Harris is my second favorite pick after Lujan Grisham, I really would love a woman of color.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Violating the staff post with regards to conspiracy theorizing
Uhhhh...maybe the dementia bullshit that's being peddled out right now?
Biden is senile. You can't fucking deny this
The fucking Biden hit pieces?
It's politics, get over it
The claims of a rigged system to explain away Bernie's losses?
When the entire media and party apparatus are used to destroy the canidate trying to dismantle it, then yeah that sounds rigged
Shit in my own posts a fucking say that Trumpers are worse, but that's not a high bar to clear. The Bernie Bros are using the same bullshit tactics does that the right used.
I'm sorry people are being mean but now is not the time for civility. People are going to die because they lack healthcare. Fucking climate change. We have to get messy
Just because you're progressive does NOT immunize you from criticism and being called out for bullshit chicanery ESPECIALLY when you try to play a holier than art thou attitude and play up some nonsense about maintaining your ideals and abstaining from voting just because it's not your guy on the ballot.
Biden should earn bernie bro's votes.

Edit:
The fucking Biden hit pieces?

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, if Biden wants Sanders' voters, he should have to earn them.

If Sanders wants any voters, he should also have to earn them.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

When the entire media and party apparatus are used to destroy the canidate trying to dismantle it, then yeah that sounds rigged

I'm sorry people are being mean but now is not the time for civility. People are going to die because they lack healthcare. Fucking climate change. We have to get messy

Edit:

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lmao @ those quotes , got 'em

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Violating the staff post in regards to hostility

Edit:

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You could have just typed,

"My vote and political leanings are sacred and pure and thus worth maintaining even at the cost of the deaths of millions so I can masturbate my ego"

Would have been faster and easier to type. As for the pieces linked, what's their contents? Is it true? Is it verified? Is it bullshit? We know the stuff about Biden and dementia are alt-right bullshit that Bernie's people are more than happy to lap up. But this stuff about Bernie, is there any proof to it? If it's bullahit, then yes Biden's people need to knock it off. If it's true, then yes it's fair game and Bernie should be made to answer for them. If it's in between, then there should be clarity on the situation.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It feels like saying "he didn't earn my vote" is just a way of letting yourself off the hook for being a bernie or buster. Also, Biden's senility is the new "Hillary's dead! the DNC should make Bernie the nominee"

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Briahna Joy Gray and David Sirota have both attacked other candidates. They're also high up in the Sanders campaign.

note: that's the direct campaign not loosely affiliated super pacs

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like saying "he didn't earn my vote" is just a way of letting yourself off the hook for being a bernie or buster. Also, Biden's senility is the new "Hillary's dead! the DNC should make Bernie the nominee"

he should earn their vote by being their guy. That's the only thing that will prove to me your guy is my guy. If he's actually, literally my current guy.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
You could have just typed,
"My vote and political leanings are sacred and pure and thus worth maintaining even at the cost of the deaths of millions so I can masturbate my ego"
The irony here is palpable
Joe Biden's climate plan has an F rating
Joe Biden has worked to cut social security his entire life
Joe Biden has worked to cut medicare his entire life
Joe Biden worked with segregationist
Joe Biden said he didn't want his kids growing up in a racial jungle
Obama and Joe Biden opened the child concentration camps
dare i mention his role in the Anita Hill hearings
Oh and what about this

I know your political leaning toward neoliberal scum is sacred and pure thus worth maintaining even at the cost of elected a racist, sexist, senile dipshit and the lives of people who can't afford healthcare and the millions that will die because of climate change

Status
Not open for further replies.