• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Bernie your demographic doesn't vote, so STFU and back out already.

Oct 25, 2017
Does Joe Biden winning mean my taxes go up and I still have to pay my health insurance premiums? (Assuming he gets his plan through)

Probably. Taxes will go up to cover more people under Medicare and offer more subsidies, and since insurance companies will loose money if there is a Public Option, they will probably raise it on people with employer sponsored coverage. Or, they'll just raise deductibles.

It is very telling that the Trump admin is really only concerned about what the stock market numbers say. That was their only metric to point towards for the economy "being good", when in reality it is a house of cards. Going to be fun as they try to role out bail outs for the rich again.
Trump has always confused the stock market with the whole economy.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
One benefit of Bernie staying in is maybe he can light a fire under Biden's ass to start preparing seriously for one on one debates.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's what it's looking like.

The problem isn't him really staying in. It's what he's going to do. He spent months falsely calling Hillary corrupt. Echoing Trump's attacks and given backing to them. That is not contrasting policies but that's doing actual lasting damage.

I'm so tired. I'm so tired.

Re: the people begging Sanders to drop out

Is it not important for him to continue to spread his message as much as he can while he can?

He's not just going to do that, though. He's going to spend months complaining about being treated unfairly and whining about the DNC.

He could just drop out of the race and keep holding rallies to spread his message, too. There's nothing stopping him from doing that. But him continuing to compete and continuing to ring the victim bell instead of working together with the Democrats to stop Trump isn't helping anyone.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think Bernie would drop out, but this speech is surprisingly contentious. He's directly calling out Joe and the establishment.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any precedent for candidates not having that debate in a primary, at least in the Democratic one?

Virus going crazy and they already cancelled rallies for both Bernie and Biden...

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It's not a great look that Bernie is calling for more people to congregate in public spaces at basically the same moment the WHO is officially declaring a pandemic.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie going in on Biden... Biden is going to have to answer some pointed questions about his record and policies in the one-on-one debate.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'll never forgive Bernie if he pulls another 2016.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
He absolutely NEEDS to stay in and confront Biden about his policy decisions via the debate.

If anything this will put Biden on the defense and try to sway the people who do NOT want to vote for him.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe in between asking all these questions Bernie can finally figure out how he's actually going to pay for all the things he's promised without outlining how he's going to do it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm supporting Biden for president these days, but I don't have a problem with Sanders staying in the race. Sure, it "hurts Biden" from an electoral perspective in the 2020 general election, but Sanders has said from the start that this isn't just about him being elected president, but about a movement, and that movement is to pull the Democratic party to the left. While from like, a purely political point of view I'd rather see Biden built up as strong as possible for November, if Sanders is committed to his mission -- and I think he is -- then it's consistent for him to try to pull Biden left. For what it's worth, this is why I didn't blame Warren for not suddenly bowing out in the run up to Super Tuesday, they're running ideological campaigns where they're arguing that ideology and policy matters. It's consistent for candidates running ideological and policy campaigns to want to pursue that policy.

But it also depends on the nature of the debate and my opinion could change based on how that debate works out. Debates have largely proven to not matter much, both in 2016 and 2020, so we'll see.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Re: the people begging Sanders to drop out

Is it not important for him to continue to spread his message as much as he can while he can?
No. Hurting Dems chances of uniting against Trump so he can stump for a few more weeks is not more important. The sooner his supporters come to terms with the fact he isn't going to be the nominee, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.