• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Offer Bernie a cabinet position and just let this end.

The party will need the disaffected Sanders supporter, and the sooner the party shifts focus to beating Trump in the 4 or 5 states that will decide the election the better.

The MI numbers should provide the most hopium we've seen this cycle so far. It's clear that HRC just did not resonate with the midwestern voter like Biden apparently does. If Trump loses PA/WI/MI it's over.

Shit, even if the Dems lose WI (certainly possible) the Repubs would basically need a perfect map.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
ahahaha

they ain't giving him shit

the gloating is proof that the professional media class and the Democratic establishment do not give a fuck about the young vote.

Yang said the math didn't work and endorsed Biden. When Yang speaks on math.....

lol
does Yang know something no one else does? or does the "math" slogan give him some kind of omniscience?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

The party will need the disaffected Sanders supporter, and the sooner the party shifts focus to beating Trump in the 4 or 5 states that will decide the election the better.

The MI numbers should provide the most hopium we've seen this cycle so far. It's clear that HRC just did not resonate with the midwestern voter like Biden apparently does. If Trump loses PA/WI/MI it's over.

Shit, even if the Dems lose WI (certainly possible) the Repubs would basically need a perfect map.
If Democrats win Michigan and Pennsylvania (on top of Clinton's map) they are one state away from winning the EC. Literally, 268 EVs, any state would do it. Wisconsin, North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Georgia, Texas, Ohio. Winning both Maine districts (Maine's 2nd split for Trump last time) and Nebraska's 2nd (voted for Obama in 08) would put them right at 270. There is hardly any Clinton state that's nearly as susceptible to flipping as any of the ones I just mentioned.

Not saying they can't screw it up but yeah, Trump needs to run the tables just to win. Especially since Michigan is looking like kind of a gimme (Sabato already ranks it as Lean D) and Biden has roots in Pennsylvania, I wouldn't be surprised if he carried both by five points or more in a November.

What cabinet position would you even offer Bernie? That he would be good in?
Treasury, Labor

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Biden won all of SC too
AgAggAACtiFAAGwb80AvEEAAAQQQQAABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAABBOxbgADYvueP3iOAAAIOI0AA7DBTyUAQQAABBBBAAAEEEEAA.png

Last edited:

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie would be MUCH more valuable staying in the Senate. Moving him to just a cabinet position would nullify much of his actual value to the Progressive cause. Same thing with Warren.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Bernie would be MUCH more valuable staying in the Senate. Moving him to just a cabinet position would nullify much of his actual value to the Progressive cause. Same thing with Warren.
Mass governor is a republican, assuming he'd be able to choose her successor until an election can be held? I agree with you.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, getting mad at Biden for this completely predictable answer is pretty silly. If basic political conversation makes you want to "go nuclear" maybe take a break.
That's not what I said! I specifically said that I understand people "going nuclear" on Twitter centrists disingenously framing M4A as that poster did, and as Biden did.
How much does our current health system cost over the next 10 years? Is it more than 30-35 trillion or whatever number opponents of M4A want to use at that moment? Yes? Then the price tag talking point needs to die.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Except Biden wouldn't need to be persuaded to raise the minimum wage because a $15 minimum wage has always been one of his proposed policies during his campaign.
15$ is now nowhere near enough. That's how long that damn number has been floating around. I don't think it has been for five years now. Of course it depends on where you live but I think 20$ would be a lot fairer across the board.

By the time we get to 15$, it's gonna be the same crap lol

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 day): inappropriate commentary,
Kerry was an ivy league Massachusetts wind surfer who fell into the coastal liberal elite stereotype trap.

Biden doesn't fall into that stereotype, he's scrappy Joe who you want to have a beer with at a barbecue

I do wonder to what degree white women who voted for Trump will flip in 2020 because Joe's infinitely more fuckable.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Mass governor is a republican, assuming he'd be able to choose her successor until an election can be held? I agree with you.
Feel like there needs to be a disclaimer for this for how often it comes up lol, but Massachusetts' legislature is so overwhelmingly D that if the possibility came up of Warren being replaced by a a Republican appointment, they could change the laws over the governor's veto to prevent him from being able to appoint someone at all, it would go straight to a special election. They did this in 04 for Kerry over Romney's veto, and undid that in 09 to allow Patrick (a Democrat) to appoint Kennedy's replacement.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

From my understanding, the legislature could just remove the ability for him to choose the successor and do it themselves because they have veto proof majorities. I think they've even done it before.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Feel like there needs to be a disclaimer for this for how often it comes up lol, but Massachusetts' legislature is so overwhelmingly D that if the possibility came up of Warren being replaced by a a Republican appointment, they could change the laws over the governor's veto to prevent him from being able to appoint someone at all, it would go straight to a special election. They did this in 04 for Kerry over Romney's veto, and undid that in 09 to allow Patrick (a Democrat) to appoint Kennedy's replacement.
From my understanding, the legislature could just remove the ability for him to choose the successor and do it themselves because they have veto proof majorities. I think they've even done it before.

Ah gotcha, good deal - thanks!

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Bernie is non-viable in Mississippi. 100% in and he got 14.8%.

Shut out of the vast majority of delegates by a couple 100 votes. Huge mistake not to go there even once... (Not like it would've changed anything but a big political error).

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Despite all the fearmongering on twitter about how Biden won't win I think he most likely will (and I think the Senate could flip too). He's more popular than Hilary and Dem turnout will be up driven by fear. It's up to us to push him to the left as much as we can, and hope he picks a good VP candidate.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
So not that its going to matter, but as of now Bernie isn't even viable statewide in Mississippi..would think keeping his one stop might have helped him a bit.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is non-viable in Mississippi. 100% in and he got 14.8%.

Shut out of the vast majority of delegates by a couple 100 votes. Huge mistake not to go there even once... (Not like it would've changed anything but a big political error).

And he got blown out in Michigan anyway. But yeah no matter what he still would have lost both but I think at least being viable would be less embarrassing

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Sanders as Labor Secretary is a great move, but what's the risk of a VT Republican taking his Senate seat in a special election?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
15$ is now nowhere near enough. That's how long that damn number has been floating around. I don't think it has been for five years now. Of course it depends on where you live but I think 20$ would be a lot fairer across the board.

By the time we get to 15$, it's gonna be the same crap lol

$15 is more achievable. Do you want something? Or do you want nothing?

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think if Bernie enters the administration labor would be a good place to put him. From what I understand treasury doesn't have much actual power over the stuff he'd want to do.

(tho tbh if we're floating dream scenarios in which the next Dem has the chance to appoint cabinet secretaries it means we also have the senate so maybe we can just unfuck the irs while we're at it)

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if white leftists are just grossly incompetent and failed at building an actual coalition?

We know this isn't true so thanks for playing. They had the most diverse coalition pre ST and we're starting to win over on 'who could beat Trump' as well as winning black voters overall. You want to pretend that the current results show the truth of every voter and aren't the result of many factors leading to this point.

Leftist don't owe you or Joe Biden shit all with this kind of bullshit being put forth. You guys are doing a really good job of coalition building atm. Keep it up.

Aug 12, 2019
Can Biden win any of the southern states vs Trump or no?

North Carolina is all around in play and Georgia has potential, but that's really about it as far as I can see barring some additional miracles in Florida (I think people are way overestimating Florida and I'm not convinced Biden will play to the communities he needs to win Florida beyond the older demographics there).

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie should drop.

I don't say that he should do it for some noble reason, or because he's totally beaten, but because right now is when he has the most leverage he ever will.

Approach Biden, offer dropping out and a strong show of unity for the concession of his choice. He'd likely get something decent, as long as it isn't toxic for the general.

Status
Not open for further replies.