• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Fuck this country dude. This was our last chance. Here's to more deportations, more people dying because of no health care, more people drowning in debt, more racial injustices being ignored, more wars killing brown people in other countries. But at least white liberals will be happy. My disdain for whites, specifically white people who pretend to be allies grows everyday.

People of color are responsible for Biden's win.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
It's not at all common for a nominee to pick a fellow candidate, but for once she does fit the bill (apart from not being from a swing state).

I like Tammy Baldwin, especially with Wisconsin having a Democrat for Governor at the moment but it would be a long term risk to see if we can find someone else who can hold that seat.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe because ever since Super Tuesday this thread has been inundated with people posting videos from right wing sources off of Twitter and other social media that are purposefully disingenuous and edited to make Joe Biden look like he's saying and doing things that he's not.

Bringing up his lies and his bad policy positions is more than fair. Nobody has an issue with that.
It's been hard to watch, but not too surprising. The whole "Bernie Sanders' online supporters are toxic" myth isn't really a myth. At this point, it's about damaging Biden as much as possible because their candidate is getting massacred. Straight out of the Republican playbook.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
id prefer booker as well, he's got some really good ideas about policy he talked about when he was still on the debate stage

He's the third most liberal Senator too which puts him just after probably Sanders and Warren.

That's probably as big of a win as we could get since Biden might only be a one term president.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This.

I'm sorry, but some of you are NOT seeing what's going on out there. Some of you are underestimating Trump and his conservative machine. But Bernie cuts through that bullshit. I'm sorry, but if Biden is the nominee, we are in for more Trump.

PS: Bernies chances aren't that great either.

Cite one piece of actual quantified data to support this conclusion.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
America probably won't be around by the end of the decade. We are witnessing the collapse of an empire in real time.

France is still here.
Greece is still here.
Spain is still here.
Britain is still here.
Germany is still here.
Mongolia is still here.

America will absolutely be here in some capacity in 10 years.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This.

I'm sorry, but some of you are NOT seeing what's going on out there. Some of you are underestimating Trump and his conservative machine. But Bernie cuts through that bullshit. I'm sorry, but if Biden is the nominee, we are in for more Trump.

"Bernie cuts through".

If only he could cut through to Democratic voters.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This.

This is completely disconnected from reality. The primary has repeatedly shown that much of Sanders' support in 2016 was actually just "Not Hillary" support, and this time around it's all gone to Biden instead.

Oct 28, 2017
California
It's been hard to watch, but not too surprising. The whole "Bernie Sanders' online supporters are toxic" myth isn't really a myth. At this point, it's about damaging Biden as much as possible because their candidate is getting massacred. Straight out of the Republican playbook.

Is there any validity to this? I'm a Bernie supporter but I'm more than happy to vote for Biden. Fuck I'm even going to donate to his campaign.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring Staff Post Regarding Metacommentary and Trolling
Biden picks AOC as his VP.

Era members do everything in their power to scrub their posts.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Biden needs Obama's support plastered all over his campaign and he'll very likely win.

Otherwise, I think people are underestimating Trump and to think that "people are scared shitless of Trump that's why the voter turnout for Biden is so high" is just the same bubble thought process that made Bernie so "big". The more likely reason is that both Hillary and Bernie were just very unattractive candidates last season.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Biden's platform sounds great but Democrats have a nasty habit of playing progressive in an election year and then going right back into GOP-Lite mode thereafter.

That said, Bernie and his movement most certainly pulled the Democrats back and away from the center and as much as I hate voting for Joe, it is what it is.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
This.

Then why is he getting demolished in a Democratic primary where the voters are more favorable to his ideals compared to the General?

Sometimes 1+1 = 2

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Did you listen to Biden's response in that video? That was the point of posting it.

And on the subject of Biden swearing at a voter, I don't think it's too much to ask the potential future president to possess some level of civility when talking to their constituents. It's really not a tough ask, the bar should be set somewhere.
yeah, i wasn;t talking about his response. And idk, there's so much dumb shit people believe I don't mind someone calling it for what it is, as long as they are in the right. Fox News, antivax, climate change denial, "they took our jobs/will take our guns", fuck all of it. No more coddling.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
No, my point is that saying people should be making moral sacrifices for "electability" is exactly the same sort of shit the Bernie campaign was supposed to be against.

An argument that Biden will scare people away from the polls because "he's going to take away their guns" is fucking laughable coming from a campaign that said every other left-wing issue is non-negotiable.
Nobody is talking about Biden's policy. It's literally the rhetoric that looks bad. Every single conversation on gun control has always been the ultra palatable "Everyone agrees on common sense gun control. Nobody's taking your guns." It's the Democratic strategy towards gun control and it obviously works considering the polling around "common-sense gun control" in the past few years.

When your civility candidate is swearing and threatening someone with violence on video, it fuels the fear mongering tactics around gun control. It undoes the soft rhetoric the Dems do around gun control. It hurts the civility image.

Vestal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Biden needs Obama's support plastered all over his campaign and he'll very likely win.

Otherwise, I think people are underestimating Trump and to think that "people are scared shitless of Trump that's why the voter turnout for Biden is so high" is just the same bubble thought process that made Bernie so "big". The more likely reason is that both Hillary and Bernie were just very unattractive candidates last season.
His campaign has been billed as Obama 2.0 or 4 more years of Obama from the start. You can bet your ass that Obama is going to be front and center in the fall.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
Did you listen to Biden's response in that video? That was the point of posting it.

And on the subject of Biden swearing at a voter, I don't think it's too much to ask the potential future president to possess some level of civility when talking to their constituents. It's really not a tough ask, the bar should be set somewhere.

whats wrong with his response?

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Fuck this country dude. This was our last chance. Here's to more deportations, more people dying because of no health care, more people drowning in debt, more racial injustices being ignored, more wars killing brown people in other countries. But at least white liberals will be happy. My disdain for whites, specifically white people who pretend to be allies grows everyday.
You, uh, do realize that the minorities are overwhelmingly backing Biden, right?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
France is still here.
Greece is still here.
Spain is still here.
Britain is still here.
Germany is still here.
Mongolia is still here.

America will absolutely be here in some capacity in 10 years.

If nothing else, people are severely underestimating just the general inertia of society. Everyone will get up and go to work tomorrow. Everyone will get up and go to work 10 years from now. Civilization isn't collapsing so long as people are fed.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

But white people were the ones who were voting for Bernie.

Biden got 2/3+ of the Black Vote in multiple states. I don't think you can put the blame on Bernie not making it on "white liberals".

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I'll be honest with you. I didn't think either candidate - Biden or Bernie - has a shot against Trump.

Not a knock on them. I just think tons of American's like Trump. He's a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them. They like the spectacle of it all. Think people are going to be surprised come next election cycle, and I don't think it's going to be particularly close.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
America probably won't be around by the end of the decade. We are witnessing the collapse of an empire in real time.

There are reasons to believe America as an empire will collapse. Chris Hedges makes good arguments for it. I agree with his arguments for such a thing to happen within 10~20 years. Having Joe Biden as the nominee is not a reason America is arguably in a terminal, insoluble state.

Simmer down on the hyperbole.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Why is that more likely? Trump's approval is terrible relative to every traditional factor influencing presidential approval. 2018 didn't have any of them and turnout among democrats was huge and we destroyed republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.