• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's looking like it won't matter, if it ever would, but I cast an early ballot for Bernie here in AZ.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By far, the thing I find most puzzling is the widespread support for M4A while voting Biden. How the hell does that make sense? If healthcare is the most important issue for old people, why are they voting for the candidate that doesn't support what they claim to?

May 26, 2018
Biden wins with absolutely zero effort and the establishment dead set on him months before anyone could put in a reasonable fight.

Depressing as fuck. We will get 8 years of middle of the road policy with the majority stonewalled by GOP anyway.

With Bullock stepping into the Senate race, this is looking less and less likely. If Biden can get people into his admin who aren't from the Senate, a trifecta is in no way out of the picture

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Just awful. Voter suppression at work.

And the results of these tactics are seen as legitimate and then used to reinforce the status quo. Same way black people were 'blamed' for not showing up for Hilary when the GOP has been using its wins during the Obama era to selectively decimate voting ability.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
He answered a badly phrased question with a badly phrased non-answer.
I want you to tell me what part of the question is badly phrased. Right now.

The question is and I quote: "Let's flash forward: You're president, Bernie Sanders is still active in the Senate. He manages to get Medicare For All through the Senate in some compromised version. The Elizabeth Warren version or some other version of it. Nancy Pelosi gets a version through the house of representatives. It comes to your desk. Do you veto it?"

What part of that is badly phrased?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Obviously Bernie should drop out of the race after tonight.. he won't because he doesn't care about the party, but that is the right thing to do.

Fuck caring about the party, it's corrupt as fuck and barely less evil than the GoPs. Biden's arguably worse than Hillary on most front but is doing better probably because he's less hated because he's an aggressive man rather than an aggressive woman. They're both reprehensible human beings with long histories of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and classism regardless.

Bernie should drop out because the huge numbers of people that donate to him that need to save the money going forward regardless of if it's Trump or Biden. It might be naivete of me to think he might actually do it.

Though otherwise you really shouldn't demand shit from Bernie after how hard he promoted the transphobic slave user he was running against last time. Of course he'll do the same for Biden even if he does drop out at a later date and it's why he's better than the rest of them.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the staff post in regards to trolling
White moderates hate progressive values, black voters want to line up with the safest candidate because the moderates fuck everything up, and the youth don't vote to counter the awful white moderates.

The failure of American politics happening in realtime. And of course some are going to blame this on "low information voters."
The Democrats are about to nominate their most liberal nominee ever, but "American politics fail because my guy didn't win"

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To any younger leftists in here feeling the hit: don't despair. This is what we do. The left loses. For each victory, we take 2, 5, 10 losses. We lose, and we lose, and we lose... and then we win, and when we do win, we change the whole game up.

Look at how much the conversation has shifted from 2016 because of the Bernie campaign, and he lost 2016. The same will happen now. And when you do get in there, and you will, everything will change.

Continue the fight. Unionize. Join your local DSA chapter. Talk to your fucking neighbor and find some class solidarity, for his problems are precisely the same problems that afflict you.

The fight doesn't end, and we will not live long enough to see the full results of our struggle come to fruition. We just have to do our best and add to the pile. It's literally all we can do.

Well said.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
By far, the thing I find most puzzling is the widespread support for M4A while voting Biden. How the hell does that make sense? If healthcare is the most important issue for old people, why are they voting for the candidate that doesn't support what they claim to?
They vote for the person not just the policies.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
b/c other issues matter too. people rarely base their vote on a single issue. they mighrt like sanders m4a, but not is view on trade.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Nah there needs to be one debate to judge how well Biden does one in one, so that voters have the confidence he can handle Trump.

Of course I have no idea what would happen if Biden failed miserably in the debate and voters got freaked out. Can't really replace him.
There is no reason to hold a debate. Trump WILL NOT debate, regardless of who the nominee is. He will refuse to participate, and his supporters will eat it up.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Nobody even knows she is running anymore.
we need to call back The Hero

9qe06VK.png

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
So you're saying I'm supposed to be happy with friends and family suffering and dying just because other people might die less? Do you really think that's a good way of campaigning for Biden?

'It's okay bro, your family will die but those more fortunate and wealthier than you will live'.

I'm not saying you should be happy, but if you consider yourself to be a Progressive or Leftist - then the only course of action where adhering to those beliefs remains to be true is if you vote Democratic this upcoming November. I'm black, and my ancestors have held their nose and voted for the candidate that they'll fuck them over the least since they've had the rights to. At the end of the day viability matters, and Bernie has unfortunately proven to not be viable. Being on the right side of history doesn't mean a damn thing if we're watching from the sidelines come 2021.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Pointless to try and shift Biden left. Biden said he'd veto M4A even in the impossible hypothetical that it was passed through the Senate and House. Progressive policy ain't happening in a Biden admin.

The real path is hitting the pavement for progressive candidates in your local elections.

To be perfectly honest Biden is probably right, there's no practical, nevermind political, direct route for the US healthcare system from where it is now to M4A without at least an interim multipayer with public option akin to the Dutch or Irish systems, and even then I think the closest the US will get to M4A is a German style system where there is a clear default public option underpinning the entire system and some private options for those on higher incomes. Going straight from the current clusterfuck to M4A is akin to turning a steam engine into a Tesla.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017

People vote for people, not policies. Also healthcare isn't the only thing going through people's minds when voting.

Mar 3, 2019
Yet another reason why all primaries should be on the same day. This extended nonsense gives way too much weight to a small amount of states. People in the later states don't have choices whatsoever in the primary.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Violating the staff post in regards to metacommentary
"Progressive" is a meaningless buzzword, if that wasn't clear before.

Either you oppose capitalism or you don't. No more compromise.

You'll only get mockery on this forum as you already know given the response from the mod to this post.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

Beating Trump matters more. That's the thing. This means actual policies and getting things done is secondary, optional.

And that's precisely why we have Joe Biden as the frontrunner considering everyone else who has ran in this race.

The Democrats are about to nominate their most liberal nominee ever, but "American politics fail because my guy didn't win"

They're nominating a man who has uniquely represented the failure of politics compared to anyone else who competed with him for the Dem ticket. It has nothing to do with "my guy" but that Joe Biden is a bad guy.

Save me the ballooning and justification of a trash man. I should be happy we got the guy with one of the worst climate policies of anybody who ran?

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god Cali was moved up, and people can't latch on t for false hope

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
Well I can only hope that next time refers to 4 years after Biden and not Trump.

I've come to terms with the fact that if there is any victory to celebrate its that Sanders was the last of two candidates standing. Maybe whoever picks up the mantle next time will do better. Moving the conversation left as he had should not go to waste.

I hope Biden can actually beat Trump! I really do. He better.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Obviously Bernie should drop out of the race after tonight.. he won't because he doesn't care about the party, but that is the right thing to do.

This also just reiterates that Biden would have crushed Trump in 2016. Hillary lost due to institutional misogyny and an unfair reputation that could not be shaken.
Yeah, he handled the last primary results like a child too, kicked and screamed as long as he could. He's only hurting the party by staying in after tonight.

ClockworkOwl

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
I would still like to see a 1 on 1 debate before Bernie drops out. The debates with Trump are just going to be a shit show, so this is the only chance for us to have a quiet debate focused on the issues.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hope debates still happen just to show everyone what a dud Biden is. If this is the candidate you want, you should be forced to wallow in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.