• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Biden is going to dogwalk Sanders. Dude should just pull out so everyone can focus on what matters.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Let me say a few things about today, and the Biden and sanders campaigns moving forward.
One thing Is 100% clear, this is a total rejection of Bernie tonight, and while this is disappointing for some, it was quite obvious with all the significant endorsements that happened before the 1st Super Tuesday.

Moving forward, I think Bernie has very little hope with his campaign, unless something drastic happens that is unprecedented in the biden campaign.
For people that support Biden, I think it's obviously a good month for him, but I would be extremely weary on this choice moving forward.

I don't have many terrible things to say about biden, his personality, or fanbase, I am Canadian, I do not have a vote, but I do have thoughts who follows American politics frequently for the interest of it.

That being said, In my personal opinion, I think Biden should absolutely 100% stay away from ALL debates with Trump, and focus on positive messages, stay away from aggressive campaigning, battles, and focus on a clear, safe message, why?

Trump Thrives on conflict, In a debate I can honestly truly think that Trump would absolutely crush Biden in every single facet, and it would be a terrible look for Biden.
Trump will have a clear gameplan, make biden slip up, and go after him so hard, rising up his fanbase, Biden needs to stay away period, bite his tongue, and focus on his values.

just my two cents.
Trump can barely string a sentence together coherently and when it goes beyond that it's nonsense. Why would he beat Biden in a debate? At best for Trump it'd be a wash.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
According to the exit polls..

Michigan
Biden 52.3%
Sanders 43.2%

Voter Turnout
18-29
15% (-4)
65+
23% (+3)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Bernie needs to take Yes for an answer. The Democratic party moved substantively left due to his participation. Progressive goals are now widely popular throughout the party and any Democratic President will work to accomplish them. You won buddy and then some. Now, do everything in your power to bring your voters along and make sure a Democrat wins the Presidency.
this is a good way to look at things

even if bernie isn't going to get the nom, his ideas are more popular than ever and will keep coming up down the road

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yes it fucking matters. It shows what's more to come. People are really having a tough time understanding that a primary is incredibly different than a general election. The majority of voters in a general do not have strong party loyalties, they are willing to flip for a variety of reasons. Biden looking feeble and unable to convincingly articulate his thoughts is going to be a massive problem. You're lying to yourself if you think Biden is going to coast to victory and people aren't going to pick up on his shortcomings or question his mental fortitude.

This so much. Amazing how so many in here are now convinced Biden is gonna wipe the floor with Trump when that wasn't the case a few weeks ago. Ridiculous.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The real story of these primaries has been that the only real connection Bernie had to the "working class" in 2016 was that his name wasn't Hillary Clinton.

Yeah that's not true at all. Sanders was winning with these group so pre ST, and would have expanded his leads following ST if he'd have won which is why the establishment did what they did.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it fucking matters. It shows what's more to come. People are really having a tough time understanding that a primary is incredibly different than a general election. The majority of voters in a general do not have strong party loyalties, they are willing to flip for a variety of reasons. Biden looking feeble and unable to convincingly articulate his thoughts is going to be a massive problem. You're lying to yourself if you think Biden is going to coast to victory and people aren't going to pick up on his shortcomings or question his mental fortitude.

And yet no one will do this with Trump?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's not true at all. Sanders was winning with these group so pre ST, and would have expanded his leads following ST if he'd have won which is why the establishment did what they did.

So why did the same not happen with Clinton? Bernie only had one shot with California much later in the year? You're kind of denying facts.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It blows my mind that ppl don't get this.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Biden is going to coast to victory.

I also think Bernie has demonstrated he has even less ability to win than Biden. He has failed to meaningfully expand his base. He has failed to convince even the most receptive voters to his policies to vote for them.

You don't fucking get to claim Bernie is viable when he's losing by 10 points in Michigan.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020

Wait, so is the problem that he will look "feeble", or that he will sharply tell someone who's full of shit that they are full of shit?

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
For those who support progressive causes, the good news is Biden will undoubtedly be a one term president if elected. So we'll have another shot in 4 years.

honestly i think the path for progressives wont be through the democratic party. anyone who picks up bernie's or anyone to the left of bernie's message will get hit with the same criticisms.

party is permanently in hold the line mode.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The corrupt oligarchy at work. The youth always have low turn out since the system is rigged to wear them down not to vote.

...it's fucking voter suppression. Please don't be obtuse for the sake of being contrarian, please. Those people losing their votes when actively attempting to participate in the system is only going to make them feel worse about doing so again. That isn't a good thing.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot

Just awful. Voter suppression at work.

In this case, it is same day registration. These people could have registered ahead of time, but waiting till today. Also, Michigan allow for spoiled ballots- if you voted ahead of time, you could walk up and change your ballot today.

This is a very good thing- more new voters being added to the roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.