• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Not trying to ruffle feathers, but its becoming apparent this years early schedule really benefited Bernie- 2 out of 3 were caucus states and none with significant African American populations.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
The biggest winner of the nigh?

Pollers? THey got endless shit for 2016

Definitely a good year for pollsters (minus SC), maybe not such a great year for forecasters:

nate.png

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
So Bernie loses Missouri, Mississippi, and Michigan is looking very dim? Yeah, that's going to be a wrap in my uneducated opinion

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Breaking the staff post in regards to trolling
I don't understand why more people weren't seeing the issue when looking at the 2020 demos relative to 2016. That anti-H voters were missing from the 2020 coalition was pretty blatant once you looked at the crosstabs. I caught it, and then G. Elliot Morris was the only big name I can recall talking about it.

Personally I thought people supported Sanders more than they apparently do. He has a very very vocal minority but I never would have thought his real power was not being a Clinton last time. Both of his supporters fooled me into thinking they were many.

Dec 3, 2018
Let me say a few things about today, and the Biden and sanders campaigns moving forward.
One thing Is 100% clear, this is a total rejection of Bernie tonight, and while this is disappointing for some, it was quite obvious with all the significant endorsements that happened before the 1st Super Tuesday.

Moving forward, I think Bernie has very little hope with his campaign, unless something drastic happens that is unprecedented in the biden campaign.
For people that support Biden, I think it's obviously a good month for him, but I would be extremely weary on this choice moving forward.

I don't have many terrible things to say about biden, his personality, or fanbase, I am Canadian, I do not have a vote, but I do have thoughts who follows American politics frequently for the interest of it.

That being said, In my personal opinion, I think Biden should absolutely 100% stay away from ALL debates with Trump, and focus on positive messages, stay away from aggressive campaigning, battles, and focus on a clear, safe message, why?

Trump Thrives on conflict, In a debate I can honestly truly think that Trump would absolutely crush Biden in every single facet, and it would be a terrible look for Biden.
Trump will have a clear gameplan, make biden slip up, and go after him so hard, rising up his fanbase, Biden needs to stay away period, bite his tongue, and focus on his values.

just my two cents.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie should do well in Kalamazoo County since it has Western Michigan University locates in Kalamazoo. Biden is doing really good that. The counties I thought Bernie had a chance to beat Biden in is Kalamazoo County where WMU is located and Washtenaw County where U of M is located. I curious to know how Bernie is doing in Washtenaw County.
Up 1 point 47 to 48 with 63% reporting

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
with the turnout and black voter support going the way it is biden would likely be a legit threat to trump in the southern state during a GE

Nah, because we voted for HIllary uniformly (esp black women) and it wasn't enough because white people wanted their
Hillary really should not have run in 2016.

No, Warren should have run in 2016 in addition to HIllary.

I will never say that a woman shouldn't have run. We don't have enough.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
the never hillary vote was real

what were dems thinking clearing the field for her
It is wild just how unpopular she is going by comparing these results. She struggled against Sanders back when he had a much smaller national profile and no field to contend with, and all the money in the world whereas Biden is just walking through this thing. Her supporters will never accept it but it's true, she was uniquely unpopular and even then and with the biggest October Surprise ever, she lost by less than 80k votes across three states. Biden will likely win pretty damn big.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Breaking the staff post in regards to hostility
Personally I thought people supported Sanders more than they apparently do. He has a very very vocal minority but I never would have thought his real power was not being a Clinton last time. Both of his supporters fooled me into thinking they were many.
God you're a smug prick.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to ruffle feathers, but its becoming apparent this years early schedule really benefited Bernie- 2 out of 3 were caucus states and none with significant African American populations.

yep. Caucuses need to be fully abolished. People should be allowed to make a ranked choice vote then leave in peace.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I don't want Biden to beat Trump. I want Biden to annihilate him. I want him to embarrass him so hard that his grandkids feel it. I want all those stupid fucking racists that voted him into office to know this is not their fucking country.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie needs to take Yes for an answer. The Democratic party moved substantively left due to his participation. Progressive goals are now widely popular throughout the party and any Democratic President will work to accomplish them. You won buddy and then some. Now, do everything in your power to bring your voters along and make sure a Democrat wins the Presidency.

Oct 28, 2018
A voter in the same state he's currently winning.

It doesn't fucking matter.

Yes it fucking matters. It shows what's more to come. People are really having a tough time understanding that a primary is incredibly different than a general election. The majority of voters in a general do not have strong party loyalties, they are willing to flip for a variety of reasons. Biden looking feeble and unable to convincingly articulate his thoughts is going to be a massive problem. You're lying to yourself if you think Biden is going to coast to victory and people aren't going to pick up on his shortcomings or question his mental fortitude.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Dems didn't do it.

Obama did. Because he trusted her over Biden.
Lets not forget that Joe also lost his son right before the 2016 campaign got started. A lot of factors came into play in his decision I am sure. But off course, Hillary running was obviously the biggest if not one of the biggest factors.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
For those who support progressive causes, the good news is Biden will undoubtedly be a one term president if elected. So we'll have another shot in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.