• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this is only part of the picture at best. People being generally more risk-adverse, for example, surely maps better to the overwhelmingly popular "defeat trump" motivator. If Sanders is perceived to be the riskier choice then these are the sorts of numbers you'd expect to see.
The demos that voted for him in 2016 are running towards Biden in droves. Those that sat out too.

Anti-Hillary vote, and the depth of it, is becoming clearer and clearer. Bernie was the beneficiary of that.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Oct 28, 2018
Bernie should have gotten those people to register and vote for him in the primary.

Or not, because that audience doesn't fucking exist.

This isn't even about Bernie. The Dems could have nominated Buttigieg, Warren, Klobuchar, or just about anyone other than Biden and I'd be feeling much better right now. Biden was the worst choice that could have been made. Were he not vice president he would never have stood a chance because he's fundamentally a bad candidate. This man was telling a voter that he's full of shit just earlier today for godsake.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Is there any scenario in which Sanders concedes in a timely fashion, or is it a foregone conclusion he will limp to the convention no matter how bad the numbers get? I don't think I have the stomach for 4 more months of this.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Michigan is getting called in 10min.. He is getting bodied and Detroit is 0% reporting..

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
The demos that voted for him in 2016 are running towards Biden in droves. Those that sat out too.

Anti-Hillary vote, and the depth of it, is becoming clearer and clearer. Bernie was the beneficiary of that.
Bernie is still popular and his policies are still popular among the Democratic party last I saw. The other part of this is that Democrats are way more motivated to keep Trump out of the White House now that they've seen what he's done in it. Their top priority is to get Trump out and Biden is seen as the candidate most likely to be able to do that.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't even about Bernie. The Dems could have nominated Buttigieg, Warren, Klobuchar, or just about anyone other than Biden and I'd be feeling much better right now. Biden was the worst choice that could have been made. Were he not vice president he would never have stood a chance because he's fundamentally a bad candidate. This man was telling a voter that he's full of shit just earlier today for godsake.
A voter in the same state he's currently winning.

It doesn't fucking matter.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The real question is how bad is he going to lose tonight. Like will he be above 15% in Mississippi? It's not looking so great right now

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
I feel Trump normalizing being unpresidential in the White House is really coming up big for Biden right now.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
People need to look at the bright side. With Biden we might actually get a public option and advancement towards Medicare for all. We could have ended up with nothing to show

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Sanders has made some inroads and i won't say he ignored them like others have, but he has made missteps.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me how much the "we hate Hillary" vote boosted Sanders in 2016. Even in counties where he is winning tonight he dropped double digits support.

Makes me wonder if Sanders would have run again if he would have known how badly he was going to get stomped this way.
I don't understand why more people weren't seeing the issue when looking at the 2020 demos relative to 2016. That anti-H voters were missing from the 2020 coalition was pretty blatant once you looked at the crosstabs. I caught it, and then G. Elliot Morris was the only big name I can recall talking about it.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Hoping these white suburban voters are worth the nomination for Biden; I always vote progressive in the primary and democrat in the general election.

Seeing these primary results showed how much years of Benghazi and the Comey investigation fabricated Hillary as the anti-Christ.

Oct 25, 2017
So almost 30 years ago. Did they receive a call from Obama just before they dropped out advice well? :P

You asked, I answered. Almost 30 years ago doesn't seem that long ago to us old heads. I remember that election well.

Also, when you only do a thing every 4 to 8 years, you are going to have to go back a bit for historical data.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I feel Trump normalizing being unpresidential in the White House is really coming up big for Biden right now.
I said it a year ago Biden will fuck around and Straight White Man Crip walk into the office. The same shit that lets shit slide off Trump works for Biden, but Trump has a record now and he can be attacked on that

Status
Not open for further replies.