• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The question about M4A major support, followed up by what's more important beating trump/or share your values makes it seem that large majority want M4A, but willing to vote to take out Trump, makes it seem positive for Biden and matches polling (in favor of M4A, but voting Biden to beat trump)
I am extremely liberal, for single payer, and voted Biden in MI. So yep.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I'm floored that Biden is the best the Democratic party could come up with. This country is doomed.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Nuclear Energy is an incredibly complex issue that should be discussed and talked about with effort

Please tell me this isn't a "we shouldn't rush into anything" criticism of nuclear power. It's been around since World War II.

Massive expansion of nuclear would help greatly, but America is a very irresponsible country, which can't even commit to a modest barely do anything climate plan, you expect them to safely storing the waste for millennia?

The argument you are advocating is "America is too incompetent to do this correctly." Shouldn't we just hire people that are competent so we don't have a repeat of something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanford_Site ?

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Biden is proposing $1.7 trillion in finding to attack climate change. Trump is making us go backwards. Biden isn't as good as Bernie, but equating Biden to Trump isn't fair.

He only changed his "plan"(basically plagiarized) from a D- to B after Greenpeace criticized him.
This is a campaign promise.

Context:
newrepublic.com

Joe Biden’s Sketchy Climate Record

His attempt to take undeserved credit for the Paris Agreement only scratches the surface of his questionable decisions as vice president.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
poodlestrike referenced the relevant twitter thread on this but imagine that your whole life every person of authority you've ever known is a Democrat, every meaningfully positive change in your life has come from Democrats, and you've been dutifully casting your ballot for the Democrats every 2-4 years even if you're in a deep red state and know on some level your vote doesn't really matter, but you just gotta keep your head up and keep trying anyway.

And then this guy from up in Vermont hits the scene like "yeah the Democrats ain't shit, I'm the only one who can bring about change, anyway I could have tried getting Jim Clyburn's endorsement but fuck that guy, anyone who doesn't already agree with me 100% is crooked, did I mention I have Joe Rogan's support? Anyway check me out I'm doing a town hall on Fox News tonight, and then I'm skipping out on the Bloody Sunday memorial to pursue my stupid strategy of running up the score in the most liberal state in the country so I can overrule the will of the majority elsewhere, P.S. Obama did a bad job in Mississippi and only I can flip it, but if I lose there it's because it's a red state"

Like look, I'm not saying that's going to be a shared experience or perception, but a lot of people do internalize the Democratic label as a part of their identity, and the people who do so are likelier to vote in Democratic primaries. If Bernie is jockeying for the Democratic nomination he should probably try winning those people instead of counting on a surge of unaffiliated, young voters (the least reliable demographic to turn out) to carry him across the finish line. Especially since in this instance all he has to do is pick up the label. If it's so unimportant, why can't he just do it, then?

I've seen plenty of older well off white people living on the coast express the same sentiment.

In your specific situation the Dem label is just one component of many as to why someone might not support Sanders. There are plenty of people who are not in that situation who think the same way.

I'd also add that Dem primary voters are typically the most well informed voters. I think most of these people are well aware of the Dem's shortcomings that progressive candidates like Sanders and Warren go after.

Africanus II

Oct 26, 2017
It's depressing because they definitely seemed to be having a better grassroots game going this primary, but it looks like they were lacking in outreach to local politicians, at least in some southern states.
Yeah, like the next person definitely has to start there (be it AOC or whoever) because it was Sanders kryptonite twice

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
They need to ask in these polls if people find M4A feasible. Not just if they support it. I'd be willing to bet a good percentage of those that support M4A also think it's not possible to get it passed.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Reminder that Ohio is under a State of Emergency and that's why he canceled there.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I'm floored that Biden is the best the Democratic party could come up with. This country is doomed.
this entire party is completely doomed if biden is really the best. so much for a party that wants to go forward, they'd rather go back to nostalgic past of 5 years ago. great! the "we need to beat trump" is going to kill this party if democrats lose this GE.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
this entire party is completely doomed if biden is really the best. so much for a party that wants to go forward, they'd rather go back to nostalgic past of 5 years ago. great! the "we need to beat trump" is going to kill this party if democrats lose this GE.
After 2018 and dem turnout being way up in the primaries so far, I do not think Bernie or Biden will lose in the general. People want Trump the fuck up out of here.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I voted Bernie for pragmatism. But i dont put msyelf int he Bernie catagory. I think the labeling is stupid anyways. Im a Democrat and will vote for the Democrat mostly because they arent the Republican.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

5 years ago *was* much happier, thank you very much. Since then the economy has improved but the government has become a disgrace.

The median voter doesn't think a political revolution would benefit them, that's why one is not taking place.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Progressive" is a meaningless buzzword, if that wasn't clear before.

Either you oppose capitalism or you don't. No more compromise.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Progressive" is a meaningless buzzword, if that wasn't clear before.

Either you oppose capitalism or you don't. No more compromise.
I mean good luck because currently no one in the federal government openly opposes capitalism.

Also I disagree on your point anyway. Tankies oppose capitalism and I would not consider them remotely progressive at all.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
guy on CNN said that Warren supporters are voting for Biden more so than for Bernie in st.louis Missouri where he was

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I am a hardcore left progressive. Like I agree with bernie on basically 100% of his policies. Still voted Biden.

That's like saying that Biden is an Uber hardcore progressive because he says that healthcare should be a right but he's out there peddling his terrible more expensive plan while spreading FUD about M4A.

No offence meant but : I've never seen you endorse or advocate for any Sanders policy except as a rethorocal spring board to talk about why it can't be done or shouldn't be attempted.

Last edited:

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

Maybe Progressives will learn from these last two failed campaigns by Bernie and formulate a winning strategy. I'd love for someone further to the left than Biden to win, and as someone who voted for Bernie in California last week, it's disappointing to see that his campaign had almost zero takeaways from his 2016 loss.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
guy on CNN said that Warren supporters are voting for Biden more so than for Bernie in st.louis Missouri where he was

Did this poll get posted discussed at all today?

Political Polls (@PpollingNumbers) Tweeted:
#National @morningconsult Poll Among Warren Supporters:

If Warren endorsed Biden:
Biden 56%
Sanders 34%
Gabbard 2%

If Warren endorsed Sanders:
Biden 53%
Sanders 37%
Gabbard 2%
https://t.co/EMqgeef1kL… https://t.co/MKgLDPCLZL https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1237475684341231617?s=20

Warren supporters go a little bit to Biden but not in any significant way.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Biden vs. Trump is a sad state of affairs.

Enthusiasm for the Democratic party with JB as the candidate will mark a significant low.

I anticipate he'll underperform Hillary, and we'll have another 4 years of Trump.

That's all folks.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
Because the primary is over. Biden won. Dragging it any longer hurts us being able to unify quickly and beat Trump.
Why are people obsessed with unity during the primary? If you actually believed in progressive ideals, then the primary is the time for you to display those and vote for them. You can't act like a progressive and then vote against progressive ideals during this time. Especially because each vote means more leverage for the candidates to push a party further left.

Status
Not open for further replies.