• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (until July 22nd): Hostility and metacommentary, 2nd ban for breaking the staff post
If you think it violates the rules you should report it. Deflecting criticism to "no u" based on their avatar isn't really conducive to discussion.

Also, Hillary "half ass" apologized for the transphobic stuff for whatever that's worth.

This is nonsense. We all know why he and others are using it. But there's a certain smell of hypocrisy that hangs in the air when people use that avatar to irritate leftists, and really to the point, claim to care about minorities whilst unironically stanning for that woman.

I am amused that talking about a current candidate for office has questions regarding his ability to govern instantly causes deflections to a users avatar.

That is very constructive conversation, maybe Sanders should use that when he's given a tough question? Just talk about Clinton!

Well, you're a troll. I'm glad you're getting something out of this. Maybe think about the minorities she has negatively affected. I realise it might just be a bit of fun for you, but it really does show your ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
twitter.com

Data for Progress on Twitter

“Michigan Results: Biden - 59 Sanders - 38 Gabbard - 2 Idaho Results: Biden - 51 Sanders - 47 Gabbard - 1 N: 320 MI, 329 ID, fielded 3/7 to 3/9 text to web https://t.co/AiPeA7SeRY”

DFP polls for Michigan and Idaho.

Michigan
Biden - 59 Sanders - 38 Gabbard - 2

Idaho
Biden - 51 Sanders - 47 Gabbard - 1

Man In the Michigan poll, Biden leading 65-35 with women.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
If you think it violates the rules you should report it. Deflecting criticism to "no u" based on their avatar isn't really conducive to discussion.

Also, Hillary "half ass" apologized for the transphobic stuff for whatever that's worth.

Why are you making this about the rules? I was making a comment on something that's made me feel uncomfortable and asking people why they're doing it.

Also the apology was even more worthless than Contra's to the non-binary community.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Voting for Bernie tomorrow in Michigan... hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

P3mMuoj.png

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
This is going to lead to a lot of nasty takes here and on twitter. :/
A lot of dems were just waiting to be told who to support. I'm guessing your average normie just wanted the process to be decided and over with to get Trump out of office.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've stopped taking for granted due to this primary is the concept of political polarization of both the parties themselves and the individual voters.

It seems more clear to me now that even though some progressive talking points are becoming more popular, it was the right that mostly consolidated to the extreme while Democrats are still largely divided between moderates and progressives (with progressives being in the minority).

I dunno, maybe it seemed obvious to you all but in the last four years between how popular progressive thought is online, the rise of the alt-right, and "polarization" being discussed fairly frequently, it seemed like both sides were pushing away from each other proportionately. Obviously Democratic voters feel differently.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Mod Edit: Removed Unsafe Link

Nice

Ummmm
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.berniesander.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.berniesander.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: shortener.secureserver.net, www.shortener.secureserver.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Edit: Can you maybe remove the link, because of the FF warning, or at least explain what it is?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at tomorrow's states, it makes next week's Ohio primary seem so far away.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragging my parents who don't normally vote in primaries with my wife and I to vote tomorrow here in MI.

And no, none of us are voting Bernie lol.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My dad was a big time Bernie fan in '16 and most of this primary season. But he knows the primary is over and wants to just wrap it up quickly to focus on Trump.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not vote Bernie now and Biden in the general, if he wins
Because the primary is 100% over, prolonging it at this point just is going to give the hardcore Bernie fans false hope and will make losing even harder. The sooner we can focus on beating Trump the better imo.

My favorite candidate was Warren, her flaming out was crushing. Now I just wanna focus on defeating the GOP.

Slackerish

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Delivered my Michigan ballot today. With that, I completed my candidates wish list that I wanted to vote for back in 2008 (2008/12 Obama, 2016 Hillary, 2020 Biden).

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Because the primary is 100% over, prolonging it at this point just is going to give the hardcore Bernie fans false hope and will make losing even harder. The sooner we can focus on beating Trump the better imo.

Agreed. I don't like it, but the jig is up. People are pretty freaked out by Trump, so choosing the "safe option" is probably best in most people's minds right now.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
My dad was a big time Bernie fan in '16 and most of this primary season. But he knows the primary is over and wants to just wrap it up quickly to focus on Trump.
I don't understand this mentality I've seen everyone throw around. It's a primary, not the general election. Nobody should be abandoning their candidate that's in second place when the primary is only 1/3rd of the way over. It really feels like it's the same as 2016. After ST in 2016 people were convinced Sanders would cause Hillary to lose if he didn't immediately drop out after losing ST. And you still see people who say he did cause Trump to win. It's toxicity hidden behind the message of "unity" and feels like borderline fascism.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
For everyone saying that Sanders should drop out, do states that vote after Super Tuesday not matter? Should we only listen to the five most populated states? In that case, why not just have all the primary voting on one day?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Biden shamelessly calling protesters Bernie Bros, Bernie shamelessly suggesting Biden is senile... it seems that ol' 2% Tulsi is the only candidate with any decency left in this thing.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've stopped taking for granted due to this primary is the concept of political polarization of both the parties themselves and the individual voters.

It seems more clear to me now that even though some progressive talking points are becoming more popular, it was the right that mostly consolidated to the extreme while Democrats are still largely divided between moderates and progressives (with progressives being in the minority).

I dunno, maybe it seemed obvious to you all but in the last four years between how popular progressive thought is online, the rise of the alt-right, and "polarization" being discussed fairly frequently, it seemed like both sides were pushing away from each other proportionately. Obviously Democratic voters feel differently.
I'm gonna say that the Fox news propaganda network is largely responsible for this. They push whatever Trump wants and then you've got Breitbart, Rush, etc who back it up. It's what's helped make them so extreme so quickly. Propaganda works. They don't even know what they don't know because they won't trust news from anything but a "trusted" conservative news source.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Didn't he pull this bullshit earlier with the woman who interrupted him about housing, too?
We MuSt UnItE tHe PaRtY.

Looking forward to people continuing to try and shame me as to why I won't vote for him in the general as nothing continues to get done in this country regardless of which political party is in the executive. IF he does win, I look forward to the collective frustration as ya'll sit there and watch him implore with the GOP to vote on shit while they say no, trash the D's, and use their propaganda network to get back in power by saying the left delivers nothing.

Democrats putting on that clown makeup early this election cycle LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.