• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
honest to god i dont think anyone cares about what Biden did or didn't do in 1974.

About about in 95? Too old still?

How about 2007?

How about in 2012 when Obama almost included cuts to social security in a deal with Republicans? Sound like something that is in line with what Biden had been supporting all his life? Sound like something a centrist would do?

Joe Biden bought into the Republican idea of cutting these programs to balance the imaginary problem of the deficit over and over and over again. Bernie did not, so yes I think if people knew this they would care.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden in the White House (which wouldn't happen since he'd lose to Trump) would be Woodrow Wilson 2.0 but with worse policies which is exactly what the world would deserve if that were allowed to happen

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
Joe Biden in the White House (which wouldn't happen since he'd lose to Trump) would be Woodrow Wilson 2.0 but with worse policies which is exactly what the world would deserve if that were allowed to happen
Lol @ the usual suspects treating SC like it means something groundbreaking for the race. The only way that it changes anything is if folks manufacture consent as hard as humanly possible, and even then, Biden is such a weak candidate that it won't matter. Bernie will win big on ST, and regardless of attempts to blunt that momentum, he will continue to dominate the contests. Biden is going nowhere, and we will continue to show that with every subsequent primary.

Also Warren has gone full Snake Mode and you hate to see it folks
Okay.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
How would he lose to Trump?

Voters and energized to vote for him,we have increased turn out for him
Mind you I think Biden is probably favored to win, but looking at the polling... Biden is largely within the MoE in the critical states.

It's very early on but it's not like Biden has a commanding lead of over 5 points on Trump in those 3-4 crucial states.

Better be cautiously optimistic and not lose sight of any scenario.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

Congratulations. In a thread that contains some of the best examples of idiocy in all of creation, you have somehow managed to make a post that puts the others to shame.

Woodrow Wilson was a KKK supporter who even for his time was racist.

www.google.co.uk

Woodrow Wilson was extremely racist — even by the standards of his time

He called black people "an ignorant and inferior race," and it gets worse.

Saying Jo Biden is the same as him isn't just idiotic, it's insanely offensive. Posts like this should just be banned. If you can't communicate without insulting, moronic hyperbole you don't get to play with the adults.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
No one gives a shit about Biden lol. They will either stay home or vote out of spite for Trump because they were always going to vote blue. Not a winning strategy.

Are you just denying reality? Biden has increased turnout in the primaries. This is a good thing heading into the GE wrt defeating Trump.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
No one gives a shit about Biden lol. They will either stay home or vote out of spite for Trump because they were always going to vote blue. Not a winning strategy.

I mean, that is literally the opposite of what is happening right now. We have data and trends and polling numbers and exit polls that all show the same thing - people want to vote for Jo Biden. A lot more than they do other people.

Unless somehow the general public is *more* keen on left wing politics than the Democratic Party voting base I don't see how you can think going with the guy who is losing would be a better option?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations. In a thread that contains some of the best examples of idiocy in all of creation, you have somehow managed to make a post that puts the others to shame.

www.google.co.uk

Woodrow Wilson was extremely racist — even by the standards of his time

He called black people "an ignorant and inferior race," and it gets worse.

Saying Jo Biden is the same as him isn't just idiotic, it's insanely offensive.

People who spread this stuff are the same people who spread the "Biden has dementia" as they laugh at someone with a stutter and literal disability in regards to general speech as they willingly propagate GOP propaganda with a smile.

They don't care. They don't care of the people they hurt, the damage they do by minimizing the actual horrible pieces of shit in history, and they continue to paint a very illuminating picture of who they are when given the cover of anonymity.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*Citation needed.

Fact of the matter is, exit polls had him with sky high favorables in all of the states he won. And he won more votes in Viriginia than voted in the 2016 Virginia primary combined. Like, who knows what people see in him, but you can't say they don't like him.

What Dubya up to these days
the unity ticket we deserve

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i did a book report on woodrow wilson in the third grade

unsurprisingly, the books in the library left out all the racism

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
I mean, that is literally the opposite of what is happening right now. We have data and trends and polling numbers and exit polls that all show the same thing - people want to vote for Jo Biden. A lot more than they do other people.

Unless somehow the general public is *more* keen on left wing politics than the Democratic Party voting base I don't see how you can think going with the guy who is losing would be a better option?

Either any Democrat was always going to beat Trump or one that energizes people for positive reasons was. If the first option is true (it isn't) then you pick the best candidate for the country (ie not Biden). If the second option is true then Biden isn't it either due to the reasons people have been saying for a year now. His history on social security, clear mental decline and generally just being Hilary 2.0 that will be even more clear in the general when most people start paying attention. Trump is just now picking up on this stuff and it will be effective in turning people away. None of us can say with absolute certainty what will happen obviously, but I feel like we've been here before. Particularly in 04 and 16. I would have said the same about anyone being able to beat Bush in 2004 and yet we lost.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Either any Democrat was always going to beat Trump or one that energizes people for positive reasons was. If the first option is true (it isn't) then you pick the best candidate for the country (ie not Biden). If the second option is true then Biden isn't it either due to the reasons people have been saying for a year now. His history on social security, clear mental decline and generally just being Hilary 2.0 that will be even more clear in the general when most people start paying attention. Trump is just now picking up on this stuff and it will be effective in turning people away. None of us can say with absolute certainty what will happen obviously, but I feel like we've been here before. Particularly in 04 and 16. I would have said the same about anyone being able to beat Bush in 2004 and yet we lost.

I don't want to be rude but just repeating the same incorrect point doesn't change reality. Jo Biden is turning out many more voters than Bernie. He is getting many people who didn't vote last time to engage in the process. He has a much broader voting coalition, which heavily featured working class people who were missing in Hillary's coalition (and now Bernies!).

So how does that translate into the general? Is Bernie somehow able to get voters to turn up then but not now? Are all these voters for Biden going to abandon him?

Hypothetical. A year ago, someone tells you the democratic nominee is going to be one of two people:

1) a candidate who brings in lots of new voters, combined the working class with minority voters, and has massive appeal in the key states democrata need to win.

2) a candidate who has a huge amount of money but whose strongest voting base is white college educated people and doesn't turnout the black vote at all.

Which do you think has the best chances for the general?

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (July 22): Repeatedly violating the Primary OT staff post

I mostly meant in the jokey sense that he wouldn't be allowed to be seen or heard from because his mental faculties are going to be spent before he gets anywhere near a theoretical presidency, but thanks for the congratulations

But yeah Biden's record is plenty racist itself and is pretty clearly adjacent to that of right-wingers. People are free to ignore that fact at their own risk.

Some of the hot takes in this thread are wild. Now we have people comparing Biden to Woodrow Wilson. 🤣😂🤣 Now I've seen it all.

Did you read anything on this page other than the name Woodrow Wilson or

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Some of the hot takes in this thread are wild. Now we have people comparing Biden to Woodrow Wilson. 🤣😂🤣 Now I've seen it all.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I love these posters claiming Biden won't win because.........waaaaaaaaa!

Despite the evidence that turnout is up in the demographics we need to win.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
About about in 95? Too old still?

How about 2007?

How about in 2012 when Obama almost included cuts to social security in a deal with Republicans? Sound like something that is in line with what Biden had been supporting all his life? Sound like something a centrist would do?

Joe Biden bought into the Republican idea of cutting these programs to balance the imaginary problem of the deficit over and over and over again. Bernie did not, so yes I think if people knew this they would care.

old water.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden still scares the shit out of me vs. Trump but his primary performance is giving me something to hold onto when the anxiety kicks in

I'll be glad if/when he wins, can't exhale until then

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Biden still scares the shit out of me vs. Trump but his primary performance is giving me something to hold onto when the anxiety kicks in

I'll be glad if/when he wins, can't exhale until then
I think the thing that helps biden a lot in this election is a lot of people just want trump gone and the fact he can connect really well to people despite his gaffes. As long as he does not screw up to much he will win by a decent margin.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Strange how "low information voters" is a problem that only exists when referring to people who want Biden, which strangely corresponds with black voters. Strange.

I guess y'all Sanders people are just more intelligent than everyone else.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the thing that helps biden a lot in this election is a lot of people just want trump gone and the fact he can connect really well to people despite his gaffes. As long as he does not screw up to much he will win by a decent margin.

yeah I just don't think people have fully recognized that Trump has made this an entirely different sport. the 24 hour news cycle had already sensationalized everything and pretty much made politics through the lens of Fox, CNN, and MSNBC something akin to reality television. but there always used to exist some set of rules about how "things should be" or whatever even when shit got nasty. that doesn't apply to Trump. Trump may be a fucking moron but his ability to leverage traditional news outlets to his advantage, even if they're being critical of him, will likely be studied for years to come and is something to fear. it's like Biden is a classically trained pianist going into a match against a UFC fighter where the current status quo of the corporate media makes them much more in the vein of a sports commentator than a music connoisseur.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Flint Mayor endorsed Biden

ESobzDbWkAAIFOw

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Bernie has the charisma. If he was more of a moderate he would have got the nomination imo. A lot of people flat out do not believe his plans would work or like things the way they are for whatever reason.

If Bernie really had charisma, he would have attracted a lot more politicians and voters outside of his wheelhouse to his cause.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden/W Bush 2020, with Ellen as Secretary of State and the Ghost of John McCain as Secretary of Defense. Robert Mueller as Attorney General.

Oct 31, 2017
Strange how "low information voters" is a problem that only exists when referring to people who want Biden, which strangely corresponds with black voters. Strange.

I guess y'all Sanders people are just more intelligent than everyone else.
Yup, and people wonder why black folks aren't too excited for Bernie. His supporters' claim that those of us voting for Biden aren't intelligent enough to know better or that we are being forced to vote for Biden by the "establishment" is extremely insulting. It's not just people on this forum I've heard spewing this horse shit it's also his surrogates online and on TV. It's very condescending and assumes that liberal white supporters of Bernie know more about the struggles and needs of black people than black people themselves.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great candidate. A great candidate wouldn't do as poorly with large swaths of the electorate as Bernie has.

Done a lot for progressive causes. Now it's time for him to give way to progressive voices who actually know how to build coalitions and reach out to others instead of demonizing them.
I know I'm late on this thread, trying to catch up, but this is where I stand on Bernie. I think he has done a fantastic job pushing everyone to the left and standing up for progressive ideals that will inspire the forthcoming generation. He just isn't the final form of it. More like AOC and the other recently elected congresswomen will pop up with each election cycle and Furthermore Dems have never had a better grassroot political movement with local elections. His impact will be felt for the next few decades, it just isn't going to be him getting to the presidency first. It will be someone who is a bit softer around the edges and can present a more polished encompassing appeal to the movement.

I think Warren had an approach to it that will also be impactful, detail-oriented and well-rounded. This will be replicated by others and combined with Bernie's populism appeal.

I know many will take this election and primary as a failure, but I think long term, a lot of good will come of it (assuming Dems actually grab the presidency in the near term).

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
Yup, and people wonder why black folks aren't too excited for Bernie. His supporters' claim that those of us voting for Biden aren't intelligent enough to know better or that we are being forced to vote for Biden by the "establishment" is extremely insulting. It's not just people on this forum I've heard spewing this horse shit it's also his surrogates online and on TV. It's very condescending and assumes that liberal white supporters of Bernie know more about the struggles and needs of black people than black people themselves.

im black and i disagree with this.

i like how when the shoe is on the other foot when it comes to conservatives liberals like yourself suddenly understand that they are fed a constant stream a misinformation whether through main channels like fox news or any other conservative grifters but when its your own team it suddenly becomes a race issue. folks like hiding behind the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.