• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

I look forward to seeing a video like this every day until the convention, and possibly to the election and beyond.

jesus fucking christ...

Man who speaks all day messes up speech once. Let's freak out. Meanwhile Trump says insane shit on purpose. The electorate doesn't care and no one will remember this gaffe 10 minutes from now.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't happen against the more disliked Hillary so it won't happen with Biden
Are we just going to pretend that his delegates didn't spend the convention heckling all of the speakers and spreading nonsense conspiracies:

Even if you cling to polls suggesting Bernie voters ultimately turned out for Hillary, the idea that he did no damage is bullshit

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
There's no faith. This has been reflected in election results in 2017, 2018 and 2019. It's alarmed the GOP big time, that the suburban vote is moving away from them fast, especially the suburban women vote.

right. the map has definitely shifted with trump. Rural areas moving towards GOP, suburbs moving towards dems. That's one reason I think Biden is a better pick than Bernie.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Oct 28, 2018
Man who speaks all day messes up speech once. Let's freak out. Meanwhile Trump says insane shit on purpose. The electorate doesn't care and no one will remember this gaffe 10 minutes from now.

He doesn't just "mess up" his speeches. He doesn't just stutter or pause too much. He speaks incoherently, loses his train of thought, and forgets words/terms consistently. It's not just a "gaffe", or saying something embarrassing, it's much worse.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

I look forward to seeing a video like this every day until the convention, and possibly to the election and beyond.

jesus fucking christ...

Actually, I'm quoting this a second time to really point out what a treasure of a twitter you've posted. Lots of Trump retweets and nonstop attacks on Biden and Warren. Real classy guy there with no agenda whatever.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Are we just going to pretend that his delegates didn't spend the convention heckling all of the speakers and spreading nonsense conspiracies:

Even if you cling to polls suggesting Bernie voters ultimately turned out for Hillary, the idea that he did no damage is bullshit

"Cling to polls" despite it being the best evidence to seeing how Bernie supporters acted within in the general. Rather than you 11k video about something most general voters knew nothing about.
Bernie and Hillary had record holdover from the primary to the general. The problem was nobody being apart of the election

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Person who hasn't followed Biden throughout the primaries tries to downplay how incomprehensible he consistently is as a one time event.

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
Actually, I'm quoting this a second time to really point out what a treasure of a twitter you've posted. Lots of Trump retweets and nonstop attacks on Biden and Warren. Real classy guy there with no agenda whatever.
Oof yikes. I'll have to watch out for that next time.

My point still stands though: we're gonna be seeing a lot more of this, no matter where it comes from. It makes me sad.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Are you telling me someone with the twitter handle BetaODork might have an agenda???????

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Hilary crushes Trump in all of their debates. Maybe you guys also forgot how Biden took Paul Ryan over his knee and gave him an add whooping too.

This is not the 2008 Joe Biden. This is clearly a man who's had significant issues being able to stay sharp in almost every appearance he's been in this campaign. It's only gotten worse over time. Some of the shit that's come out of his mouth recently is just odd and legitimately confusing.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Oof yikes. I'll have to watch out for that next time.

My point still stands though: we're gonna be seeing a lot more of this, no matter where it comes from. It makes me sad.
You're going to see a lot of it on twitter accounts like that. Is the average voter going to see or care about it? Does the average voter even find his verbal gaffes a particular negative, or do they dismiss them as endearing?
It's not a black and white scenario and you'll find people have zero consistency in these matters, the same person who saw the slightest gaffe from Clinton and immediately held it as even more proof she was unfit to be president might look at Biden and say oh that's just his way, because they like him.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017

You are out of touch if you think this is a one time thing, at this point people who say that he is experiencing some form of early dementia are more than likely correct.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
He doesn't just "mess up" his speeches. He doesn't just stutter or pause too much. He speaks incoherently, loses his train of thought, and forgets words/terms consistently. It's not just a "gaffe", or saying something embarrassing, it's much worse.
He's been doing that his entire career. He talks to fast and gets into trouble in front of crowds. Don't blame it on "cognitive" issues. My dad got dimentia and I'll tell you right now, that Biden does not have any symptoms that are real things to worry about. It's ridiculous that people throw around words like senile when they have no clue.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Do gaffes even matter at this point?
When we lived through "grab them by the pussy" and it did nothing but make people who already didn't like him not like him more. What's the harm in Joe's gaffes? Even with gaffes it's still safer than Bernie getting the nom. Because every state he didn't win last night I could see Trump winning.

We shouldn't be afraid of what the more vitriolic Bernie Bros might do. Can't let them hold the party hostage.

Oct 28, 2018
He's been doing that his entire career. He talks to fast and gets into trouble in front of crowds. Don't blame it on "cognitive" issues. My dad got dimentia and I'll tell you right now, that Biden does not have any symptoms that are real things to worry about. It's ridiculous that people throw around words like senile when they have no clue.

Not true AT ALL. His debate performance in 2008 and 2012 are not even comparable to what we're seeing now. He's like a completely different person.

It's definitely some sort of cognitive issue, there's no other way to explain it. I'm not going to go ahead and diagnose him with anything in particular, as I'm obviously not qualified to do so, but my grandmother had dementia and the first signs we saw were very similar to what we've been seeing in Joe Biden. At the very least it's extremely concerning and should give the average person pause.

There were a lot of warning signs when Reagan was in office that everyone tried to cover up for and his mental decline turned out to be much more serious than people were led to believe.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
The debates between Biden and Trump are going to be a train wreck. I'm calling it now. Biden is going to call Trump a son of a bitch or something. lol

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Biden should just continue barely campaigning and let surrogates, TV ads, and the media do the work.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Do gaffes even matter at this point?
When we lived through "grab them by the pussy" and it did nothing but make people who already didn't like him not like him more. What's the harm in Joe's gaffes? Even with gaffes it's still safer than Bernie getting the nom. Because every state he didn't win last night I could see Trump winning.

We shouldn't be afraid of what the more vitriolic Bernie Bros might do. Can't let them hold the party hostage.

Ok first of all, the Bernie Bro narrative is getting kinda tiresome. We didn't hold the party hostage in 2016, and we're not going to hold the party hostage in 2020. Sure there's a slice of us that are dicks on the internet, so's everyone else's supporters (have you seen the KHive shit?)

The difference between Trump's disgusting remarks and Joe's is that Joe's make him look mentally unfit to lead. You think the concern trolling over Clinton fainting in 2016 was bad? Wait til Joe completely loses his train of thought or rambles on incoherently.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Do you think these videos just disappear if they aren't posted on Era?
Besides, you should be using twitter accounts like these as a crystal ball into whats going to be happening in the GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.