• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, woke up to see Bernie and Cisneros lost in Texas.
I was hoping the universe would at least allow me those. :/

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
This really needs to be hammered home in response to the Bernie conspiracy nuttiness. Biden got more votes. From real people. Like it or not, real voters chose him, and by a decent margin. That's not a conspiracy.

Find me the person in this thread arguing that real voters did not vote for Biden.
Oh right, you wont find it. So you should stop acting like the people criticizing DNC/MSM for heavily attacking Bernie without stopping, for MONTHS are somehow arguing that *itsallaconspiracy.gif*.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
As a Bernie guy, all I'm going to say is that Biden stands no chance against trump. Moderate democrats don't win elections.
This mindset confuses me. Hillary narrowly lost in 2016 but she was saddled with an unfair reputation that could not be overcome and went up against incredible amounts of misogyny -- hurdles which were unfortunately too high for her to clear. Biden has generally been viewed as a good and likable guy for a very long time and does not have to deal with being a woman running for president. If he ran against Trump in 2016, he almost certainly wins given the small margins. Why are people assuming that whatever happened then will happen again? I don't get it.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I think Biden will beat Trump, but it's pretty disheartening to see health insurance stocks jump up.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is everyone so convinced Warren will back Bernie? He isn't winning, so why in the world would she tie his fortunes to a sinking campaign? She'll likely sit out until the convention and then endorse Biden.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
So yay, lets go vote for Biden. Sigh. There goes any chance of taking back the Senate. No way he motivates enough voters down ticket. I do think he beats Trump at least though.

This take is tired. It's not only tired, it's wrong, as was demonstrably proven yesterday given the turnout numbers and the results.

Do I think we're guaranteed the Senate with Biden, no, but it is completely disingenuous after last night to try and say that Sanders has the better case for "motivating voters" over Biden.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Bloomberg accomplished his mission, which was to stop Bernie. He can drop out now that it looks like Biden is gonna take it.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
This mindset confuses me. Hillary narrowly lost in 2016 but she was saddled with an unfair reputation that could not be overcome and went up against incredible amounts of misogyny -- hurdles which were unfortunately too high for her to clear. Biden has generally been viewed as a good and likable guy for a very long time and does not have to deal with being a woman running for president. If he ran against Trump in 2016, he almost certainly wins given the small margins. Why are people assuming that whatever happened then will happen again? I don't get it.

Exactly. Not to mention this argument that moderates don't win elections requires completely ignoring 2018.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
twitter.com

The Daily Beast on Twitter

“NEW: Sen. Elizabeth Warren is deciding whether to continue her presidential campaign “Elizabeth is talking to her team to assess the path forward,” an aide told The Daily Beast. https://t.co/crds5l38TT”

And now there were two. Warren will probs drop out very soon.
God I hope she drops out today.
But the question is, is she going to endorse Bernie or is she going to show her true colors?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
oh he's about to be.

Burisma is Her Emails 2: Electric Boogaloo

oh and then there's the whole lying blatantly on TV about his college education, having maybe more dementia than Trump....
It's absolutely laughable that you believe you can recreate 40 years of vehement demonization of a woman with a single fictional scandal on a man.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the Biden voter quote "My family member died because we didn't have insurance, I'll still for for Biden in 2024 though".

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting question for the Bernie supporters. Which is the best path for Warren and the progressive movement, dropping and endorsing Sanders at this point, or dropping, endorsing Biden and guaranteeing herself a position in a future Biden admin, putting a prominent progressive voice directly in the executive office?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

This is some rando but I do ponder this....

I know people will rightfully point out that Bernie has the better stance on healthcare but I do wonder if the Corona Virus isn't causing people to just want to get things back to when Obama was there.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting question for the Bernie supporters. Which is the best path for Warren and the progressive movement, dropping and endorsing Sanders at this point, or dropping, endorsing Biden and guaranteeing herself a position in a future Biden admin, putting a prominent progressive voice directly in the executive office?

Neither Warren nor Sanders should join a Biden admin, if only because it'd be a GOP senator in their place for at least ~6 months. They should stay in Senate to push Biden.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, but why should a disabled person like me feel anything other than complete demoralization if this really does come down to a vote between Trump or Biden? I'm one cut away from being on the street and Biden is gunning just as hard to cut disabilities as much as Trump is. At least if Trump does it, you all will pretend to actually care about disabled folk for half a second and treat it like the evil that it is, while if Biden does it, you will find every excuse under the sun to justify it. You can go on and on about how I'm supporting Trump or am as evil as a republican for not wanting to give my vote of approval to the guy who gives as little of a fuck about the disabled as Trump, but it doesn't matter. Disabled folk are always on the chopping block and even after having 20-some freaking candidates to choose from, people continue to make it clear how little of a shit they give about the disabled by going with the guy who is actively trying to ruin what little support we have just as much as the republicans. It fucking sucked when we had to watch Obama try to throw us under the bus, and it's clear that even now that isn't going to change, regardless of who is in charge.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
woof, USA played itself, again. So, another 4 years of Trump? Good luck with that fellows. I hope everyting is a ok there.

Piss off with these stupid drive-by posts, man. Both of our front-runners are polling similarly versus Trump and we have a real good shot with either Joe or Bernie.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Exactly. Not to mention this argument that moderates don't win elections requires completely ignoring 2018.

You know who ignores 2018? Those who just see it as a random snapshot.
It was a SNAPBACK against trump. It was also fueled by women.

Guess what Biden does to women? Sniffs them. Not exactly the inspiring character for them to get energized in a GE. Trump will use those footages in ads.
No one will vote for Trump because of that, but they will stay home.

These are not novel concepts. Voter supression, depressing turnout,confusing voters: none of these are new. And, they have been used against Bernie too this time.

God I hope she drops out today.
But the question is, is she going to endorse Bernie or is she going to show her true colors?

She wont. She will endorse Joe.I hope I am wrong, though.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
When Warren eventually drops out, I honestly think it would be smart for her to endorse Biden. All the eggs need to be put into one basket at this point.

Nov 13, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory and insensitive commentary.
He basically begged people to vote in the midterms and people didn't listen.

I don't want to say the people deserve the misfortunes they get out of not voting and are victims of these problems, but...

They deserve it in the same way we've had people in the UK not voting despite being victims of the problem.

It's a cruel mindset and I don't think it's in the government's interest to make voting easier for them. But the people not wanting to go out, vote and attempt to change their fate deserve the suffering because they enabled a worse government by inaction.

Oh well, more people in poverty and suffering is actually better for my line of work, so I'm not totally losing out here.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

you know the answer. The one which requires showing pure loyalty to a person rather than the progressive cause.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Based on words from various people, including Bernie, I think Obama is not going to make any official endorsement, but will be coming out STRONG in the general for whomever wins. Which is a good thing, and I think an appropriate strategy. Obama is still very popular among dem voters and presumably still a great orator.

The voters that DID actually turn out yesterday, older black voters and others, may not generally be in love with Joe Biden. But they are united in really, really, really wanting to get Trump out of office. And they're gonna feel the same way in 6 months, and I don't think a Burisma story or Joe's sentences sometimes crumbling before they get all the way out his mouth are going to change that.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

This is some rando but I do ponder this....

I know people will rightfully point out that Bernie has the better stance on healthcare but I do wonder if the Corona Virus isn't causing people to just want to get things back to when Obama was there.

When you're very afraid, you don't put it all in on the last ditch effort to clench the game. That's movie stuff. The average person retreats to the safest status quo. That would be "The guy who stood next to Obama" in this case.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Whew, long night. It's a fucking shitshow in my circle too. Lots of abandoning hope, anger, and confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.