• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
This is so transparent and insulting. I'm not going to allow my enthusiasm for this movement to be exploited by this child. I'm still going to work to try and get a progressive in office, but I'll be there to remove him from office either way.

Seriously, if people fall for this shit again like in 2016 we deserve to lose

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
We could say the same about you lot. But keep up with the accusations without giving anyone a good reason to support Biden.
Here are three key reasons.
1. His platform is progressive (not as much as Warren or Bernie) but far more progressive than Obama and more progressive than people on here seem to understand...he's not a let's go backwards candidate.
2. SCOTUS...a 7-2 Supreme Court is so devastating.
3. Trump...

if none of these motivate you to go out and vote blue in the fall I don't know what else to say...

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The difference is Warren should have known better, and Bloomberg is a troll. The progressive wing of the party was in a position to fall in line and give them the best possible chance at maximizing their delegate count prior to convention. Regardless of what happens at that point, it's healthy for that wing of the party to have the best receipts possible.

By staying in and allowing things to be "even", she's given the moderate wing the ability to completely quiet the progressive voices out there in regards to electability.
Warren is not the reason Sanders got destroyed tonight.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care too much about Hunter Biden, that will be a minor thing. TV ads will be made about Biden sniffing hair and being an incredibly creepy man. TV ads will be made about Biden being against bussing, TV ads will be made about some of the bullshit he's been peddling this campaign, like getting arrested while trying to free Mandela.
It has a good chance of suppressing Turnout in a huge way.

A ton! It's not hidden.

Agree to disagree, I believe all the things that are out there on Biden are significantly worse.
Moreover he has shown to be able to handle even most minor of attacks.
Given the main "attack" on Biden is literally fiction pulled from thin air, I'm not sure why you believe Sanders would not have the most tangible bullshit turned into a "scandal".

Also...ads about being against bussing? Are you suggesting Trump is going to run pro-bussing ads?

Oct 25, 2017
She's garbage. All she's doing is helping Biden. But that's what the powers that be want her to do.

Hilarious. The powers that be are the ones responsible for her not quitting after the first 5% of the country had voted.

The. Powers. That. Be.

Conspiracy drivel. She was totally in her right to not fucking quit after 5% of the country voted. She was in a massively better position for Super Tuesday than the other 3 candidates that dropped out since SC.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Raisin Bran is tasty as heck. You got crunchy flakes, you got chewy raisins. I mean hell, how many cereals are chewy or heavy in barley and rye flavors, let alone both?

Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote for Bidet if that's the only alternative to Trump, but something gotta give going forward. Dems clearly have no real interest in properly backing and investint in a progressive candidate.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that Elizabeth Warren's position? She's currently one of my senators and arguably the most productive progressive senator in American government, and y'know, that doesn't seem to be her position. But who knows, maybe you're right. Maybe the architect of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is secretly "propping up coorperations and neglecting our people."
liz "i love capitalism" warren propping up corperations? Never!

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Voters... are complicated...

ioeIz0Y.png

There is a serious education problem in america.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie is the only one with policies that would help me so he's the only one to get my vote
What good are Bernie's policies if he can't get them through Congress? This is my problem with him. He doesn't have a history of working with people or passing any major legislation. Why do people believe that Dems and Repubs would go along with things like M4A, which would literally lead to millions of people losing their jobs across multiple states? That's why Biden calls his policies pie in the sky. Anyone can just say what they want to do, but unless there's a path to actually getting it done, you're ultimately just saying things that sound good and that's about it.

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
Bernie has always had an uphill battle here. Things looked great up until SC, but A LOT of voters just want someone who's going to win, and these past couple of days have shown to many of those voters that Biden is that guy. The media breathed a sigh of relief when Biden won SC by as large of a margin as he did, then the coordinated Pete/Klobuchar drop outs and endorsements — overcoming that kind of narrative was going to be a monumental task.

There are people deciding who to vote for WHILE THEY ARE IN LINE. Policy doesn't matter to a portion of the base, they just want things to go back to 'normal,' without really interrogating what that actually means for what comes next.

Turnout does, thankfully, look really promising for November. But I just don't see how we have time for policies that are anything less than what Sanders proposes. 40,000 people die a year due to lack of access to healthcare. And if we don't do something serious and drastic about climate change ASAP, seems like there's a good chance none of this is really going to matter.

I'll vote for Biden in the GE if it comes down to it, because he at least acknowledges climate change. Hell, he may even have a great climate plan that he plagiarized from somewhere. But I'm incredibly concerned about the republican that comes after that, because these moderate democrats are clearly not working well enough for this country when it leads us to W in 2000, and now Trump. The next guy might end up being competent.
Biden is unlikely to win the general. Unlike Sanders whose oppo is mostly inconsequential things Biden has been treated with kid gloves thorough the whole primary process and he has a ton of skeletons in his closet that have been just ignored.
It's weird, he was just recently telling a story about getting arrested in South Africa while going to visit Nelson Mandela that his campaign had to go back on because it wasn't true, and outside of certain circles there's barely been a peep about it. Seems messed up.

May 31, 2018
Or it has far more to do with the fact that the youth really doesn't give a shit about voting; as a teacher, its the latter.

BINGO!

Or they like the rebelliousness of Trump since he goes against authority. The youth aren't some children in white cotton robes emitting from light. They are 18 year olds who want to swipe beer, get laid, and drive awesome cars and live in mansions.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The media was all in for Biden which is why he won so much without spending almost anything. That is all gone when he faces Trump. Trump will get the press and Biden will finally start getting attacked. I think it's going to be a circus and Trump is the most alluring clown. I think Biden loses very badly.

That makes zero sense. He got all that attention AFTER destroying in SC. Until then he was painted as struggling and under-performing. Bernie was the front runner.

And even if this were the case, how is Bernie not even more susceptible to this?

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Given the main "attack" on Biden is literally fiction pulled from thin air, I'm not sure why you believe Sanders would not have the most tangible bullshit turned into a "scandal".

Also...ads about being against bussing? Are you suggesting Trump is going to run pro-bussing ads?
The republicans are against bussing, that doesn't not make it a line of attack. There will be ads about how Trump is best for black people with clips of biden being racist.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here are three key reasons.
1. His platform is progressive (not as much as Warren or Bernie) but far more progressive than Obama and more progressive than people on here seem to understand...he's not a let's go backwards candidate.
2. SCOTUS...a 7-2 Supreme Court is so devastating.
3. Trump...

if none of these motivate you to go out and vote blue in the fall I don't know what else to say...
He is more progressive then people seem to understand cause no one will give a single fucking example. It's all "just read his website". Everyone knows what Trump stands for. Everyone knows what Warren stands for. Everyone knows with Bernie. Best thing people can tell me is read his website.

And sure you can say he is more progressive then people think yet his track record says the opposite.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep you've got to be incredibly privileged to be just fine with accepting 4 more years of Trump. That tells me you think you can probably ride it out till you get your perfect candidate and tough luck to the folks who can't.

Joe Biden doesn't represent actual change for me or my family. Why would you think that he's owed my vote? I find this whole line of thought baffling. It's not my job to fall in line behind the Dem nominee. It's his job to sell himself and his policies to me.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Beto getting Whataburger in Texas with Biden last night was the game changer. Sanders should have eaten a half gallon of blue bell to offset that but he didn't

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I know, but complexity is completely lost in forums.

Its no different from people claiming that Hillary lost because she wasn't progressive enough, despite having absolutely 0 evidence to support it.

That's fair. There were too many variables working against us in 2016 for any single one to be the definitive factor. 2016 overall was not a great year for me and many people.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People literally voted for him in record numbers. Candidates endorsing him is what politics are. It's not some grand conspiracy. I adore Bernie, but one of his greatest weaknesses has been not being to expand his (sizable) base. It's on Bernie to either convince Warren to drop out (like Biden was able to do with Klob and Pete) or expand his base. He's gotta make people WANT to vote for him.

And all this bitching about what Warren would give to Sanders completely dismisses the impact that Bloomberg dropping out would almost assuredly give to Biden.

And like I said, Warren literally KO'd a rising Bloomberg that was set to devour the moderate lane. A lane that looks like it was inevitable to run away with it all. That reality would have been frightening.
Amy and Pete dropping out to endorse Biden is pure politics. A coalescence to stop Bernie more than anything. Biden just happened be the old establishment candidate in the best position to get the nod.

Bernie's always had an uphill battle. I don't really think there's much more he could've done here while remaining true to his beliefs.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote for Bidet if that's the only alternative to Trump, but something gotta give going forward. Dems clearly have no real interest in properly backing and investint in a progressive candidate.
I disagree, I just don't think Bernie Sanders was the right candidate. Nothing was super wrong with the ideas. It was the guy delivering them, he just wasn't as relatable in the way he explained his core principles as say an Obama. It was the same stump speech every time. I kinda started to tune it out myself after awhile.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
He is more progressive then people seem to understand cause no one will give a single fucking example. It's all "just read his website". Everyone knows what Trump stands for. Everyone knows what Warren stands for. Everyone knows with Bernie. Best thing people can tell me is read his website.

And sure you can say he is more progressive then people think yet his track record says the opposite.
https://www.vox.com/2019/12/20/2102...-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-barack-obama

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I'm probably going to participate heavily if Biden is the nominee because fuuuuuuuuuuck he's gonna need it and I want to help drag us out of this nightmare hellworld.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I will continue to push a progressive every election; but today the nation showed us that all we want is just a return to what we had before.

But there is still a fire out there hungry for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.