• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Embarrassing.
unknown.png

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
I only registered as a democrat to vote for Bernie. If hes not the nominee then I am not a Democrat

Then you ain't my Ally in this fight against the White supremacists in the oval office If you can sit back and watch the rest of us fight for our lives and not lift a finger to help in November?

I can care less what you do.

Oct 25, 2017
Young people suck. I don't know how are we going to get them to care enough to go the booths. :/ All of my co workers are completely apathetic about voting.

What are the major issues?

Health care? They don't care. Doesn't impact them. The chance of them needing major hospitalization is rare.

At the end of the day, they are young. Work, party, have fun, entertainment, etc.

Whether Trump or Sanders win, is THEIR lives going to change very much? Probably not.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
He said their quality of life won't change, which is a pretty easy promise to make to a bunch of millionaire's. That doesn't mean literally nothing will change.

I mean what will change under Biden? He really has no obligation to enact anything progressive or anything. I personally don't think Biden is a for the people President as he is a for the corporations President, and clearly most corporations also see him that way.

Oct 27, 2017
You Bernie or busters are sad. Take your ball home and fuck everyone else because your candidate didn't win. If that isn't progress I don't know what is
Bernie is the only one with policies that would help me so he's the only one to get my vote, Biden is a return to the past, to the Obama era, and as a latino of low income that era was shit for me and my friends, highest deportation rates ever, current democrats approved the funding for Trumps concentration camps, and when people called them that they, having no affordable healthcare and a sister with schizophrenia that requires constant care is hard as hell. Its not about bernie or bust, its just that they haven't earned my vote, I really wish Biden was a better candidate so I could vote for him

Oct 25, 2017
The way things are looking, Biden will take tx.

I will still vote Democrat come November but I don't think Biden is the answer and Trump will take that fool to the cleaners. Getting Hillary vibes all over again.

Hillary was a massively popular public figure with the Democratic base that remained sharp as a tack. Biden slept his way to victory on a sliver of the fraction of the time and effort that Sanders and his supporters put in.

Oct 25, 2017
May I ask why you three feel that way, given Bernie and Warren's only real difference is the rhetoric with which they aim to deliver the same policies?

I find the way that Warren carries herself to be more appealing, I like how her plans are laid out and they feel more tangible and realistic than Bernie's, and I also feel that if it wasn't for an anti-female mindset, she'd be the most easily electable person since Obama in 2008.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This is no way changes my point. "The south" in a Dem primary is going to be like 90% black voters. If a candidate wants their votes, they should try to appeal to them
What has Biden done to earn their vote other than be Obama's VP?

it's the older black demo that are voting for his ass, not the younger. The issue isn't that black people aren't voting for Sanders, it's young people aren't voting.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Why should I continue to vote for a party that doesn't have my interest in mind?
Because this is a zero sum game and not voting for the Democrat is almost as bad as a vote for Trump. Trump is not better than Biden in any scenario. If your in a safe blue state, I guess do whatever, but if you're in a swing state you need to suck it to and vote Democrat no matter what. 4 more years of Trump could very well unravel democracy as we know it. The stakes could not be higher.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
If Warren dropped out and endorsed Sanders, I feel like a majority of those supporters would go to Sanders. Is that crazy?

No, but again, that demographic (white, middle income, college+, older Millennial+) was a Biden voter tonight.

I'm not apart of that demo, but I am a Warren voter that wouldn't have voted for Bernie in the primary. You can think someone has strong policies and a firm grasp on the socioeconomic injustices of America AND think that they might be a poor leader with questionable tastes.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
After four years of reflection, both wings of the party haven't learned much from 2016. Moderates have convinced themselves a lifelong Washington insider with skeletons and an enthusiasm gap is the only way to stop Trump. Bernie's camp ran the same playbook, turned off potential allies with bad faith demagoguery and expected too much from the unreliable youth vote. Again.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Biden is unlikely to win the general. Unlike Sanders whose oppo is mostly inconsequential things Biden has been treated with kid gloves thorough the whole primary process and he has a ton of skeletons in his closet that have been just ignored.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Only if you don't give a shit about the gays, immigrants, trans folk, and other groups that will be fucked by Trump even harder if he wins again.

But you do you...

I do give a shit about those people, which is WHY it's important to me that we beat Trump and I will vote for whoever is running against Trump in the general election. I would vote for an empty shoe or a piece of soggy dog shit if they were opposing Trump in the GE.

I just have no faith in Bernie and don't think he'd be an effective president. Why waste my primary vote on someone I don't like or believe in?

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see who Trump replaces the next supreme court judge with.
By the way Biden speaks highly of Republicans, not to mention his take down of Anita Hill, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose a conservative judge. If the Dems really cared about the judicial branch, they'd make a bigger deal of all the other nut jobs currently being sworn in as judges.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
SMH at the Warren blaming and "Bernie or bust" attitude here.

I guess we didn't learn our lesson from 2016.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
What has Biden done to earn their vote other than be Obama's VP?

it's the older black demo that are voting for his ass, not the younger. The issue isn't that black people aren't voting for Sanders, it's young people aren't voting.

He hasn't done a whole lot but he does have a good relationship with leaders down there.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
You might want Fruit Loops, but the store is sold out so you need to choose between Raisin Bran or Razor Blades.

And you're eating based on whatever the group's choice is.

That's the thing about government, even if you abstain, you eat the same food. At least by voting you have some effect on the output.

I'm not about making anyone vote, but that's the reality. Don't vote, vote, you suck down the same shit.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to comprehend why a Warren supporter's second choice wouldn't be Bernie considering his political views align way closer to hers than any other candidate
My political views match up closely with Bernie's aside from my preference for stricter gun control and I haven't considered him as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice since the beginning of the cycle. I don't find his intransigence charming and I think he's overhyped as a coalition builder.

cjbenny

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really wondering what the final margin will be in California. 2016 took days for the final count to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.