• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2019
Warren split the progressive vote, she hasn't won a single state and polls below both candidates.
She absolutely should have dropped out and consolidated the progressive vote by endorsing Bernie, the candidate that was actually winning states.
Not even going into all the two faced shit she has been doing this election cycle that is more than enough reason to look at her with disdain.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That's not the same considering that both Warren and Sanders are both Progressive Democrats. Its a sensible take since 2 moderates dropped and consolidated votes with Biden

You're forgetting who makes up Warren's support. People should stop treating her followers as if they're ALL or even for certain mostly Sanders #2.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Without the SuperPAC money I expect Warren will drop out this week, but I still think enough of her support goes to Biden that it's not a boon for Sanders.
Yeah. It's not so much who dropped out that hurt Sanders as much as it was how many. The more people who drop out, the more likely it was that the remaining candidates would reach the 15% threshold in more districts (when previously only Sanders was comfortably in the area). Even Warren dropping wasn't gonna stop this result as Sanders needed more candidates to stay in the race past Super Tuesday.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Harris County here. Voted Bernie, but everyone at work was pretty much in on Biden.

Will be voting for whoever is on the Democrat ticket come November.

I got a really bad feeling "but Biden's Son" is going to be the new "but her emails" shtick from last time.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So I just got home and I hear Bernie is in trouble and Warren got crushed?

Liz please drop out and endorse Bernie ._.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You're forgetting who makes up Warren's support. People should stop treating her followers as if they're ALL or even for certain mostly Sanders #2.

Pretty much. I'm a Warren voter and I'm not changing my vote to Bernie if she drops out.

if trump wins, we might have AOC after 4 years, so there's that... we'll see what happens

I really wouldn't count on this happening. Dooming the country to four more years of Trump just so some young gun progressive has a shot in 2024 seems like a bad plan for everyone.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
I feel like I always see this dude calling things prematurely. Some context here?
Harris county same day vote.. Biden was behind in Harris with early vote, now that same day vote is coming in he is running up the score there. Same in Dallas.. Biggest concentration of voters in the state outside of Austin.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blaming Warren for Bernie's disappointing night is a bad look. He has to EARN those votes.

Also, you should all be thanking your lucky stars that Warren basically KO'd Bloomberg because we'd likely be staring that potential down rather than Biden right now.
Did Biden EARN his votes? Two of the biggest candidates in the race up and dropped their campaigns to endorse him, pushing him to this performance.

Hate to put pressure on Liz, but it's too bad Bernie didn't get any such help of his own.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
To all those blaming Warren for "hurting" Bernie, are you thanking Bloomberg for keeping this as close as it is? Bloomberg is doing much better than Warren is tonight

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please clarify to me how Biden addresses race issues more than Sanders? Like examples of specific platform items?

That's not his appeal to older black voters. It's the Obama connection and the idea that he's a "safe choice". As a people we have the most to lose so "he's not Trump/can beat Trump" plays well to our parents and grandparents. I personally think it's madness to look at the history of black people in America and say "this is fundamentally okay" but that's just me.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Warren split the progressive vote, she hasn't won a single state and polls below both candidates.
She absolutely should have dropped out and consolidated the progressive vote by endorsing Bernie, the candidate that was actually winning states.
Not even going into all the two faced shit she has been doing this election cycle that is more than enough reason to look at her with disdain.

Once again, Warrens biggest supporters are in the same group as the biggest of Biden's supporters and Bloomberg is spoiling Biden's chances more than Warren is spoiling Bernie's. Don't blame others for Bernie's failures.

learning

Jan 4, 2019
As generations get older they get stuck in their ways, sure, but many millennials have learned that being self-centered to the point of destroying the future of everyone younger than them appears to be specifically unique to the only generation in human history that consumed more resources as it aged. That's going to color a lot of the experience, views, and values.
Nah

Oct 27, 2017
Warren's not necessarily responsible for Bernie's performance tonight.

She is, however, hilariously delusional and is grifting at this point.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

Bernie would have still gotten his shit kicked in. If anything, Warren being around did more damage to Bloomberg.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
I'm done.

won't be paying attention to anything going forward. Including the GE

Whether it's Trump or Biden nothing at all will change
..... These posts... JFC....

Its the NOW NOW I WANT EVERYTHING now... a Biden presidency moves the needle closer to more progressive policies. Change takes time.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
DNC primary rules are set up for failure in the general. I mean, it's not entirely their fault because the electoral college means that urban votes get severely discounted, but it is their fault because it's been trending more and more in that direction for 20 years and they haven't considered adjusting anything.

Also I don't drink, but I think I'll have to start come November.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Blaming Warren for Bernie's disappointing night is a bad look. He has to EARN those votes.

Also, you should all be thanking your lucky stars that Warren basically KO'd Bloomberg because we'd likely be staring that potential down rather than Biden right now.

This right here. Bloomberg is an infinitely worse candidate than Biden

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's not over yet. If Bernie can stick it to Biden hard in the next debate, Illinois goes 2 days later, a fairly big prize. It's not over yet, if Bernie can keep Biden's lead to 100 or less by the time all of tonight's votes are counted. Still, it's not looking good.

For the record, I'd vote for Biden in the general but I really wanted Bernie to make it this time...

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'm done.

won't be paying attention to anything going forward. Including the GE

Whether it's Trump or Biden nothing at all will change

Oh it would certainly be better with Biden BUT he won't beat Trump. The public has largely acclimated to Trump's idiocy and Biden is a bore and won't excite the base at all. The only hope would be massive Trump hate and it's just not there anymore, it should be but it isn't. Of course there is a virus problem and the election might just hang on how that plays out.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If Biden does get the nomination, everyone still needs to vote. Do we really want Trump picking another judge?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It's been clear that she hasn't been a viable contender for quite some time.

So yes, the most charitable lens here is one where Warren (or her campaign) has terrible political instincts.

That's simply untrue. The Biden surge -- which no one expected -- is stealing votes from Warren, you saw this in Mass. for instance. It was always going to be a squeaker, but she was counting on a three-way contested convention.

Why she's going to continue on? As a Warren supporter I really don't know, but she's smart af and so she must have some card to play. My guess is that she's probably hoping for a VP or cabinet pick where she can try to have some progressive influence in a Biden admin.

Oct 25, 2017
DNC primary rules are set up for failure in the general. I mean, it's not entirely their fault because the electoral college means that urban votes get severely discounted, but it is their fault because it's been trending more and more in that direction for 20 years.

Also I don't drink, but I think I'll have to start come November.

How so? What do you think should change?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Because I don't believe in him, I don't think he can win, and I don't think he can accomplish even a fraction of what he wants to. I want a Democratic coalition that consolidates and builds a structure of lasting power and change, not a lone progressive screaming at a hostile Congress for not siding with him for four straight years while accomplishing very little.

Essentially, I don't want Antimatter Trump.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Did Biden EARN his votes? Two of the biggest candidates in the race up and dropped their campaigns to endorse him, pushing him to this performance.

Hate to put pressure on Liz, but it's too bad Bernie didn't get any such help of his own.

given that biden seems to be turning out first time voters at a higher rate than bernie, it seems like he did earn those votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.