• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Stop overestimating Trump. He died a death in the 2016 debates. They are not something he is good at.
He lost to Hillary.

She is a rhetorical beast. Everyone remembers Pokémon Go to the polls but forgets she calmly and coherently defended herself in the Benghazi hearings for what, over 12 hours?

I wouldn't let Biden drive a car if he was a dad, let alone debate 1 on 1 for two hours.

Also, kinda irrelevant.The debates don't matter anyway. We saw that was the case in 2016

Oct 25, 2017
If we lose in November the blood is on Warrens hands
Imagine a fight that was Bernie and Biden, seriously. I'm shocked, cause it looked like he was done, but if this was an up/down fight like 2016; Bernie would have gotten slapped harder. The country apparently isn't turning out to vote for what they say they support.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
People saying anything like Biden/Bernie whoever have no hope against Trump remind of the people who kept saying Trump had no chance against Hilary. We don't know fucking shit at this stage in the game, everything is in play.
Pretty much this. The election is still 8 months from now. That's an eternity in politics.
We're just 10 nights removed from Sanders blowing out projections in Nevada. Look how much has changed since then.
Anyone saying anything concrete about November's outcome at this point in time is full of it.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
the actual results don't spell that out at all.
I mean, there's still the election.
Trump plays dirty, which's why I saw people in this thread voting for Bernie.
The more I read about Biden, I don't see how he can win.
But well, you guys political system is weird so is possible I guess.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of the 36 remaining states, Bernie won only 10 of them in 2016.

It's over.

Without youth turnout, yes. Biden is dominating the old voters just like Clinton did so Bernie either needs young voters or NEW voters to turn out for him to have a chance. Outside of California (Mainly cuz we don't know the vote breakdown), it doesn't seem that has happened tonight.

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
I remember when i thought nothing would shock me with Americans again after they re-elected Bush in 2004. Then 2016 happened and now this. It's high time the American Empire crumbles for the sake of itself and the rest of the world.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I mean, there's still the election.
Trump plays dirty, which's why I saw people in this thread voting for Bernie.
The more I read about Biden, I don't see how he can win.
But well, you guys political system is weird so is possible I guess.
old ppl and moderates love him. plus he's basically defending obama's legacy

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good numbers here especially if Bernie did well with the early vote

Holy shit, Bloomberg got more of the black vote than Bernie. Fucking hell

f4v5Xf1.png

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Bernie is just 3 points up in Texas right now, 29.3% reporting

gap needs to widen back up

The cities need to actually start releasing their data, Harris County as far as I can tell has released next to nothing, same with Bexar. If Bernie can hold his lead as more of these smaller counties come in, I'll remain cautiously optimistic that the cities can bring his margin back up a bit. At this point I don't expect Texas to really matter since it's so close, but "I won Texas" sounds better than "I lost Texas".

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Without youth turnout, yes. Biden is dominating the old voters just like Clinton did so Bernie either needs young voters or NEW voters to turn out for him to have a chance. Outside of California (Mainly cuz we don't know the vote breakdown), it doesn't seem that has happened tonight.
I posted this stat earlier: The 18-29 voting bloc made up 16% of voters in TX.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any sort of demographic numbers on the turnouts? I'm legitimately really baffled and curious as to who is turning out for Biden in these massive increased numbers. At least it speaks well for the GE but I'm still surprised.

The Washington Post's exit polls (not perfect, but what we have) suggest that both moderates and black people are favoring him by some large margins.

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Maybe I'm delusional but I don't understand how a platform of

Medical Insurance for all
Reduced or free college
15 dollar minimum wage
Free Child care
Actually taxing the 1%

Is apparently a platform that doesn't """resonate"""" with voters. Can someone explain to me why this isn't popular amongst all Democrats ????
It doesn't land quite as strong when everytime you're asked how all of this going to be paid for is met with a non answer.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He lost to Hillary.

She is a rhetorical beast. Everyone remembers Pokémon Go to the polls but forgets she calmly and coherently defended herself in the Benghazi hearings for what, over 12 hours?

I wouldn't let Biden drive a car if he was a dad, let alone debate 1 on 1 for two hours.

Also, kinda irrelevant.The debates don't matter anyway. We saw that was the case in 2016
He lost to Hillary? Let me tell you, Trump's soundbites were much more memorable and overall that's what people remembered.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I think I am still voting Bernie next week when my state votes, but man Biden surged way more than I expected.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Folks need to realize that the "they", isn't some vague Democratic establishment. It's actual voters. Actual voters are choosing Biden in the states he's winning and at some point, you have to ask why Sanders was unable to reach those people.

The same is true in the states Sanders won.
Yep. They also need to realize twitter doesn't represent shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.