• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
In a just system Biden would be rotting in a cell for voting for the Iraq war, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately. If the first female president candidate couldn't excite voters, I don't see how some senile old man with similar ideology is going to get people out of the house. A main campaign message of "I'm not trump, so vote for me" didn't work out well last time, but we'll see.
You are really discounting the near 30 year hate boner people had for anything Clinton vs the love boner for anything Obama.

Oct 25, 2017
In a just system Biden would be rotting in a cell for voting for the Iraq war, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately. If the first female president candidate couldn't excite voters, I don't see how some senile old man with similar ideology is going to get people out of the house. A main campaign message of "I'm not trump, so vote for me" didn't work out well last time, but we'll see.

Throwing people in jail for how they vote doesn't seem like a particularly just system.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
To be blunt, anyone who thinks picking Biden will destroy our chance to win in November is either not looking at or not appreciating the turnout and demographics Biden has achieved tonight.

Like, today is just about the best evidence possible that Biden will beat Trump.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
OMG America, USE PAPER BALLOTS.

<monkey's paw activates>

5MMXNxc.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
a return to before isn't gonna get me to vote because what was there before was shit, people acting like everything was perfect before Trump must have some really different lives than mine

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The ideas resonate. The candidate (Bernie) does not. At least, not with everyone. It's a real fucking shame because people put a face they recognize and are comfortable with over someone who will give them what they actually need.

Not to say Biden can't improve things, but Bernie is running on improving things while Biden is campaigning on "Hey I'm Joe! Obama's friend!"

Speaking only for myself, as a long-time anticapitalist, I just don't think Bernie can pull off even a shred of what he wants to accomplish. Why support him? Why throw my vote in a hole for another lame-duck that'll just get steamrolled by a hostile Congress?

It's clear my first choice (Warren) isn't getting the nom and may not even make it to my state primary, so at this point the only thing that matters to me is destroying Trump and crushing him to dust. I don't care how we accomplish that.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I still don't get why the two candidates would drop out ahead of a third candidate doing absolutely nothing. This was all DNC'd per usual. Biden's a shit candidate and Im so damn tired of centrist dems. The US needs an actual progressive candidate / party. Clearly that will never be the Dems. Surely Obama's going to be ready to throw his endorsement to Biden since it's "safe," now. Any day now. If he does win the nom, which it's hard going against the DNC, that would be the most annoying vote to cast but I'd rather vote a lesser shit candidate than Trump. ;(

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't confuse our displeasure for Biden to mean that we'll vote for that orange idiot.

I'll vote for Biden in the GE, doesn't mean I'm gonna do it with a smile.
Y'all need to stop with this. If you truly hate Trump you should vote for anyone going against him with a smile. I feel like these kinda
attitudes could lead to another Clinton situation. Where folks are like, "They both kinda suck. Why show up?"

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
America still needs a revolution, but Bernie wasn't the one to lead it. Perhaps AOC in the future.
Would be nice. AOC is already putting in work with attempting to elect like-minded colleagues. And she's also working within the party apparatus -- at least some of the way. She's savvy enough to know when it's safe to push.

I don't view her as president.

I do view her as a future Speaker of the House.

This is not a dig against her by any stretch of the imagination; it's actually a compliment to her potential longevity.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
False. He will hammer him over hunter-ukraine relations.

Which is a made up, non-existent story.

Don't do Trump's job for him, please. I don't care if your dumb-as-nuts cousin believes that "There's something about that Hunter Biden that I don't trust, makin money in Ukraine!!" -- don't gaslight made up far right conspiracy theories that are not based in fact. Even if "the guy who fills my tires thinks there's somethin suspicious about Boris-Ma gas," it's complete bull shit, don't give it credence.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
To be blunt, anyone who thinks picking Biden will destroy our chance to win in November is either not looking at or not appreciating the turnout and demographics Biden has achieved tonight.

Like, today is just about the best evidence possible that Biden will beat Trump.
If you told me turnout would be beating 2016 (and even 2008?) across the board by significant margins, I would have assumed the main beneficiary was the guy who was crowing about a revolution and activating nonvoters.

Instead it's boring ass Joe Biden.

phaeta

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this sentiment.

I was and still am pulling for Bernie, but Biden isn't the worst option if you want to get rid of Trump(which, at this point, should be the priority).

It's clear that he has a lot of pull with Americans and Americans seem to feel connected with his personality.

He's still a much better candidate than Hillary ever was and I actually hoped that he would've run in 2016.
Biden not running in 2016 is why we're currently in this timeline.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh....is Biden's campaign seriously going to be, "America is already great, nothing needs to fundamentally change except for Trump's admin!" ?

Well, I guess that'll help rich folks sleep comfortably.

Cant wait to see how two campaigns in the general running on keeping America great works out.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
(also I live in the same apartment building as AOC, so I'm allowed to rep her. she's pretty fantastic.)

julian

Oct 27, 2017
One that Sanders' campaign was unable to overcome.

Again. They are still actual voters. They don't become a mythical opposition because they didn't vote for the same candidate. Folks are also making the last-minute choice for Bernie.
The point is it has nothing to do with Sanders or Biden. The party very publicly backs somebody with the force they did yesterday, and the voters want Trump to get the fuck out, they're going to vote for that person. There was no overcoming what happened yesterday.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Biden is fine ya dips. He's a doddering old embarrassment but the other option is Trump. Some of you are going to need to get real in a hurry.
That isn't really a good sign honestly. Making obvious mistakes is very easy to paint him as not mentally fit for the job which is an easy target for Trump. Trump may not say actual words sometimes but, he is capable of having a level of charisma when speaking that people think is a leadership quality. Biden tends to stumble a lot and go on tangents and lacks the charisma to make it seem like he was actually planning it that way

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm delusional but I don't understand how a platform of

Medical Insurance for all
Reduced or free college
15 dollar minimum wage
Free Child care
Actually taxing the 1%

Is apparently a platform that doesn't """resonate"""" with voters. Can someone explain to me why this isn't popular amongst all Democrats ????

A lot of the older voters (Boomers and older Gen X'ers) are doing ok. They'd see their taxes go up in many cases and would rather not pay for this stuff for others. And they fundamentally believe in the system, maybe it needs tweaks but not an overhaul. These voters turned out today. Very unfortunate for the country.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it's pretty easy. people disliked hillary a fucking hell of a lot more than they do biden. especially in the midwest/pa, exactly the states trump pulled out to win. i don't think people understand just how hated she was in those places. and that won't happen this time.

biden will clean up in florida

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
...have you seen the increase in total vote this cycle? Seems like bad analysis here.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Biden is fine ya dips. He's a doddering old embarrassment but the other option is Trump. Some of you are going to need to get real in a hurry.
All I care about is getting Trump out, and I'd rather count on old people and African Americans to come out for Biden than count on a wishy washy youth turnout for Bernie.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Maybe I'm delusional but I don't understand how a platform of

Medical Insurance for all
Reduced or free college
15 dollar minimum wage
Free Child care
Actually taxing the 1%

Is apparently a platform that doesn't """resonate"""" with voters. Can someone explain to me why this isn't popular amongst all Democrats ????
I want all of that and yesterday

I also want to have a realistic path. Obamacare got gutted by the time it was passed and Sanders is doing a good job of alienating even his own party (to the extent he joined the Dems when he realized it was the only path to the presidency). He wouldn't be able to meaningfully cut the military budget with angry red-scare screaming Republicans which means even more debt.

If Sanders had just said "I want all of this. I am going to focus solely on M4A during my first term" I would be a lot more comfortable. Instead it continued to be "We are gonna get everything and all of my ostensible allies are dicking me over". Obviously he didn't say that, but his campaign kind of did and him not reining that in was a bad indication of him actually leading a government that primarily wants none of that.

It isn't about the platform not resonating. It is about it being too good to be true without any meaningful plan to accomplish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.