• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
We frankly need to restructure the dnc which is something bernie could have done. progressives don't win because the dnc always backs the moderate and the progressive just gets drowned out because all of the money dnc is spending on moderate. Its a major hurdle in getting progressives into congress.
"The DNC" does not spend money backing anyone in the primary. They are not allowed to.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
No doubt but Democrats aren't automatically going to get my vote if they show 0 interest in actually helping. Don't want to hear some pandering bullshit either. Need to see some actual plans/legislation.

It means we have to be more invested in voting than ever before. 2018 midterms was a good start, and it gave us impeachment from the house. We have to vote in all elections so we can get the Senate too and get more legislation passed. We can't regress in our participation and let the boomers call the shots

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I can't tell if this is a bad speech with bad audio or an average speech with terrible audio.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not even watching but hearing about biden, his sister and his wife in the same sentence gives me a reason to cringe.

Was it that bad? 😬

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We worked our asses off.

Biden literally just had to roll out of bed.

What kind of reality is this
The media. Biden got the Obama coattail and favorable coverage. Bernie had to hustle irl, get his momentum erased, and have pundits show utter disdain for him with millions of viewers watching for years now. It's going to have an effect on people over time.

"Stop AOC" is next.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Warren got clowned by Trump with the whole DNA test bit
Warren got used as a tool by billionaire elites to help take down the progressive causes she supports

Seems to me Warren sort of suck at politics.
Or maybe she actually believed she would win. Besides, I think people need to stop blaming her for tonight results so far. People didn't vote for Bernie and that's that. Maybe you should ask why? It will be difficult to find the answer for it, but I guess the dems base are not ready for more progressive candidates yet. Or maybe people just thought he would not be a good fit against Trump. Or POC are not comfortable with Bernie color blind attitude and his past behavior with racial issues. It's hard to quantify from the results alone.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Folks are talking about Warren splitting the progressive vote, but Bloomberg is doing the same for the moderate vote and is polling higher than Warren in many of those states.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Warren would've gotten destroyed in a GE. Her political instincts are some of the worse in this country.
This was beyond confirmed when she created a website with a documentary short about her alleged native american ancestry based on DNA results that amounted to little more than statistical noise.

That website has since been deleted lol.

She ain't gonna be Biden's VP either.

Oct 25, 2017
As a Warren voter my #2 is Biden.
Same here. I'm really hoping for a Biden / Warren ticket.
May I ask why you three feel that way, given Bernie and Warren's only real difference is the rhetoric with which they aim to deliver the same policies?
The voters just aren't interested in his policies.
Exit polling at tonight's contests prove otherwise. There has been no state thus far where an abolition of private insurance wasn't supported by a majority of voters, and that's given the right wing wording of the furthest-left policy on the platform.

If policy actually mattered in elections then Bernie or Warren would have won by a landslide and Bloomberg would've done worse than Tulsi.
Obama can technically be VP lol.
Pretty sure the succession amendment explicitly says you have to be eligible for presidency to be VP.
It's almost like selling out one of their key ideals was telling when it comes to the integrity of a candidate and they along with their voters will reap what they sewed.
Imagine how different this whole thing would've been if she took Bernie's advice 5 years ago.
So I counted up the delegates for Super Tuesday listed on the NYT nettle and the states Biden and Bernie are projected to win.

Biden will have 559 delegates in the end.
Bernie will have 779 delegates in the end.

So, here is some hope for Era. Bernie fans let's not give up hope yet. Looks like Bernie will be walking out of Super Tuesday with a win!
Winners of a state don't take every delegate lol.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here thinks Warren is the only reason Bernie isn't going to be president.

It's especially strange because if you take both Warren and Bloomberg out of the race, there's a chance it's over for Bernie tonight. So yeah, if your only path to victory is to run unimpeded in your lane, while the moderate vote gets split up, maybe you weren't that great of a candidate.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
LMAOOO. Biden confused his sister with his wife.
Biden just got his wife and sister confused...

Fucking Christ
...did Biden seriously just confuse his wife with his sister?
This is fucking nightmare.
Biden about to accidentally bang his sister.
Might win some extra votes...
He already won Alabama.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. It's as if Bernie had an even an ounce of flex in him, he'd be able persuade like-minded candidates to further his cause. It doesn't say much for him as a politician that even his ideological peers have no interest in creating a coalition around him.

It doesn't help that he hops in and out of the party like he's doing the Hokey Pokey.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Bloomberg is doing more damage to this race than Warren is. Yet all the outrage from Bernie fans are on her?? Gross Imo

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted Bernie to win but I'm fine with Biden since it will put Florida in play and 100% expect him to do better than Hillary based on the fact that he is beating Bernie in states that Bernie beat Hillary in.
This is the attitude to have and I'm on the same mindset. Biden will so better than Hillary, and that's a win for everyone.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So many of you are way too comfortable with settling for anything that isn't trump. what if you didn't need to settle and could actually choose someone good.
What if it's not going that way and you have to make a choice. Do nothing and watch it all get worse or stem the tide.

Status
Not open for further replies.