• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
warren staying in this long for like 1 delegate is a bit infuriating considering the stakes. especially considering she was a supposed progressive.
Hmmm. It's as if Bernie had an even an ounce of flex in him, he'd be able persuade like-minded candidates to further his cause. It doesn't say much for him as a politician that even his ideological peers have no interest in creating a coalition around him.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
As a non American can I ask who is allowed to vote in these primaries? Since it seems people are freaking out about Biden comeback, could it be Republicans going and voting him to ensure a weak contender against trump?

Some states allow completely open primaries that but not many, and for the most part those votes would come out in the wash, especially when one of the leading candidates for the Democratic primary is officially an Independent, he's likely to catch a large amount of independents (like me) and a handful of fringe Republicans (like those Sanders supporters in 2016 who voted for Trump in the general election).

By all accounts, Biden has been riding a wave of momentum from the primary in South Carolina on Saturday, where he won with a very strong showing, in a predominantly Black state with high minority representation in the primary. This basically ended the campaigns of Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar, who needed to have surprisingly strong performances in South Carolina to stay relevant. Some were hoping that Buttigieg/Klobuchar supporters would split their vote among Biden and Sanders, but it seems like much larger percentages went to Biden than Sanders.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Hey everyone, this just in, Biden just promised a cure for cancer. Well I'll vote him I guess since he's not a progressive who is promising things he can't possibly do himself :).

Ironic too. If it wasn't Warren, it's puppetmaster Obama.

I'm blaming the American people. Although just wait for Obama to endorse Biden this week...

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Assuming that's correct , unfortunately those numbers probably won't be clear for at LEAST two weeks because of the slow counting in CA, and Biden will have already enjoyed tons and tons of free positive media coverage during all that time and by then 11 states will have already voted under the assumption that Biden was the Super Tuesday winner, so...

...it's fucked either way.
It's not in any way correct.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking only for Virginia--the republic talking heads were basically begging Republicans to vote Sanders.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMAOOO. Biden confused his sister with his wife.

Biden just got his wife and sister confused...

Fucking Christ

just a few more months of this, we can make it. We can make it. its going to be ok. right?

b5a58ff0-55fe-11e7-a572-2395451ecf84_chuck2.gif

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's true. Wanting people to look at the big picture and vote progressives into Congress to ensure that progressive legislation actually has a chance to thrive and not get erased in a Thanos snap the second the next Republican gets elected is a pretty big goddamn reason.
I more meant the personal stuff behind your pessimism but yeah I get you.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's hard. But that's the fight. Electing a president that Congress doesn't support isn't going to make things better.
We frankly need to restructure the dnc which is something bernie could have done. progressives don't win because the dnc always backs the moderate and the progressive just gets drowned out because all of the money dnc is spending on moderate. Its a major hurdle in getting progressives into congress.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO I guess he doesn't have secret service protection at the moment

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted Bernie to win but I'm fine with Biden since it will put Florida in play and 100% expect him to do better than Hillary based on the fact that he is beating Bernie in states that Bernie beat Hillary in.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Warren got clowned by Trump with the whole DNA test bit
Warren got used as a tool by billionaire elites to help take down the progressive causes she supports

Seems to me Warren sort of suck at politics.
Yeah she's super bad at this. She was my #1 pick before anybody actually announced their campaigns and she's been an abject disappointment ever since.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Catch me in November if Biden wins. I'll vote for him, but I'm not doing any campaigning and stuff. Better off spending that time investing in myself, cause Biden won't invest in us.

Oct 27, 2017
Biden just really seems out of it... I mean, like maybe 8 years ago Biden could have beaten Trump but he just really seems out of it more often than not.

I just have a feeling that Biden is going to get clobbered by Trump in any debate. Not on any substance but just Trump making Biden look like a confused old man.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As a non American can I ask who is allowed to vote in these primaries? Since it seems people are freaking out about Biden comeback, could it be Republicans going and voting him to ensure a weak contender against trump?
It depends on the state, so states you have to be registered with the party to vote in their pirmary. Some states you have an open primary where anyone can vote in them

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Bernie goes out gracefully. '16 was a stacked deck, but he got a lot of advantages this cycle.

The will of the people–what can ya do?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Stacey Abrams was defending Bloomberg's buying his way into the primary not too long ago.
Getting Bloomberg on the debate stage killed any hopes he had at getting votes. He looked like an absolute idiot in the wakes of reasonable attacks from basically everybody (especially Warren). If he's not on that stage, all people know him from is commercials where he gets to shape the narrative. We should all be thankful he was up there.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Lol Biden looks as shocked and bamboozled as the rest of us, you people are out of your minds if you think I'm going to be passionate for this

The man didn't have the money or infrastructure to actually campaign in almost all of these states! Either he knew his name recognition from Obama was that high, or he thought he was cooked after SC.

Either way, looks like its another 4 years of Trump.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Please, I like Warren and think she would have been a great president (or VP), but her being 3rd in her own damn state and stealing progressive votes from Bernie and Biden actually taking MA is all the proof you need. She should have dropped out for the greater good. The dumb moderates fell in line and dropped out for Biden, she (as the other progressive) should have done the same for Bernie.

She didn't steal them. She earned them fair and square. You're telling on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.