• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you have to give Biden some credit. This is easily the biggest primary comeback in history.
It was the perfect storm. That debate fucked Bernie hard. It was five on one with a side show of the donor crowd and shity mods. Then, no time for a comeback before SC. All that was left was the perfect timing of the moderate consolidation.

I'd love to get one debate with just Bernie and Biden, but I'm sure Bloom, Warren and Tulsi will be there killing time and letting Joe slide.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Are you trolling?
Ugh.
www.nytimes.com

Super Tuesday: Live Primary Election Results (Published 2020)

Get the latest primary election results from California, Texas and 12 other states on March 3.

Before it had Biden with a check next to him and said he won. Now it just says he's leading and they got rid of the check. I imagine it's prob still gonna go to Biden, but fingers crossed

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
Shit like this is what turned people off from Bernie and his fanbase 4 years ago.

Glad to see nothing was learned...
So when Biden inevitably loses against Trump, are we just gonna have a repeat where people blame Bernie instead of the fact that a moderate lost to a massively racist and xenophobic fascist?

I guess we're not gonna learn anything from how 2016 went?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can someone who isn't overreacting tell me if Sanders is still on track to win the most delegates during Super Tuesday?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Look deep down, you know why. I just voted for Bernie in Texas, and was more than happy to do so; with that said, many of his supporters think he cannot be blamed for any short comings.
You are unfortunately right.

I voted for him in Texas too, although did early voting last Thursday. Curious if this was state wide: did they give you a blank paper ballot that you put in the machine, touch the screen, it prints your selections on the ballot, and you put it in another machine to cast the vote? I thought that was a more tangible solution to purely electronic voting.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Disappointing but the fight goes on. Progress is never easy. We'll see what happens in November. I'm still adamant that I won't vote for Biden but it could be worse, we could have Bloomberg, so I can live with this, I just can't support it with my vote. I suspect Trump will win reelection because I'm not alone, many of us are not going to show up for Biden. I look forward to 2024 and hopefully a strong stable of left candidates to choose from.

You know, young voters have got to start showing up, but the nature of the system makes the odds just insurmountably stacked against them. The problem is that it's a vicious circle- they don't show up so politicians don't campaign to them and they don't show up. And then we end up with a bunch of older people deciding outcomes, people who like the system, or at least fundamentally believe that it's working but need a few tweaks.

So...to break that cycle you're....not going to turn up to vote? Seems a winning strategy.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
The only thing being proven tonight is that the media is fucking THIRSTY to try and declare Biden the victor as early as possible. That's all these results say to me so far.

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
As much as I would have preferred Warren or Sanders...any democratic challenger would have won the popular vote by 3-6 million

What's important, unfortunately, are the 70k-100k votes Trump would win by across 3-4 states to give him the electoral college win.

it seems like Biden is needed for those states.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus how do you people pass up someone like Bernie, can you ship him over to other countries? We need people like him.

Our primary electorate is a lot different than our general election electorate. So a candidate might perform well in a head-to-head with the other party's nominee but not as well within their own party.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i'm so confused. NYT retracted their call for Biden but now they've un-retracted it and are calling it for Biden again

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I would be content with just waiting out until the boomers die but lol its gonna be a solid 10 years before we do anything about climate change now, best case scenario.

We are fucked

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Welp, it's official. The south is braindead.
Lets not do this. Bernie saw what happened in 16 in the south and with black voters and didn't do enough to change that in 2020. He didn't need to win or be overly competitive but you cant lose that many states by such vast margins and expect to still win the nom. And thats on him.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility in violation of the staff post, dismissing minority concerns
Disappointing but the fight goes on. Progress is never easy. We'll see what happens in November. I'm still adamant that I won't vote for Biden but it could be worse, we could have Bloomberg, so I can live with this, I just can't support it with my vote. I suspect Trump will win reelection because I'm not alone, many of us are not going to show up for Biden. I look forward to 2024 and hopefully a strong stable of left candidates to choose from.

You know, young voters have got to start showing up, but the nature of the system makes the odds just insurmountably stacked against them. The problem is that it's a vicious circle- they don't show up so politicians don't campaign to them and they don't show up. And then we end up with a bunch of older people deciding outcomes, people who like the system, or at least fundamentally believe that it's working but need a few tweaks.

Fuck you. Your privilege allows you to stay home because reasons. Others don't have that. So again, fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.