• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your reassurances. Incrementalism is frustrating however and I do not think it is something we need. The right have swung the pendulum too far to the right, and I say we need to swing it back hard to the left to find a balance. A moderate isn't enough to stop this. If the nation goes with Biden, then this battle will take longer. And not everyone has that much time.

It's not just that things have swung right though. Being dishonest and opaque in things you should be transparent about. I do have confidence Biden will fix that.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I turn into a utilitarian when I step into the booth so yeah I'd vote for em. I dislike the idea of Biden as president vs Sanders but it's better than Trump.

Warren should be in a cabinet position. Being a VP is a waste of her talents. If Biden wants a woman VP he should find someone who isn't qualified to run an entire federal agency.

Biden has pretty much said he would be a one term president he needs a strong VP regardless of gender. Hell Sanders does too if he managed to pull it out.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
People think AOC will have an easier time than Bernie?

The GOP has already been attacking her fiercely.

Simply put these ideas are not widely popular yet, especially with the older demographics.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
NC is SUPER closer for Bernie.

unknown.png

Smaller counties report first. Wait until the divide keeps growing.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
I swore last night I saw multiple "don't overhype the early states" articles stating to wait until the end of the night...

Yet, Era is already in meltdown mode.
This thread should really be ignored by anyone who wants to actually be informed. It's just a bunch of people buying into a media narrative push on what is rather tame and expected results.

May 26, 2018
fucking hell establishment didnt do shit. If Bernie was the better candidate, voters would have responded. He has name recognition, money, groundswell support, the works.

he lost cause the voters said "nah"

If that's true, why didn't any of the other candidates run away with it? Because none of them were that individually impressive either.

Biden is taking over due to various built in factors that were just waiting to be tapped into with a group effort. Once it was, he got the numbers. Now it's "get this shit over with" territory.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does Biden get so much support from black voters, aren't most of his policies on race, basically republican lite?

No, not really?

www.theroot.com

Every Democratic Candidates' 'Black Agenda,' Ranked

On Saturday, voters in South Carolina will sound the starting gun for the race to the Democratic nomination for president of the United States. After giving white America a head start on selecting the party’s nominee, the Democratic Party now turns to South Carolina.

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
This is what gets me.

WHAT EXACTLY DID BERNIE AND HIS STAFFERS LEARN IN 2016? WHY ARE THEY DOING THE SAME SHIT AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS?

Sorry for the all caps but it just boggles the mind that they seemed to learn nothing from 2016? Did they just think the Trump hate would be enough to push them over? Where they really that shortsighted and naive?

They weren't the anti-Hillary vote this time. People were actually voting for people they liked this time.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean people realize this is likely the package that comes with Biden correct?

Gabbard is going to pounce on the disgruntled base and very likely run third party to try and split the Democratic vote.

Be prepared for the possibility of Gabbard pounding home that the Democratic establishment colluded to keep Bernie from the nomination, and the problem is she won't be wrong.

Trump will be hitting him with fake sexual assault pictures, Hunter Biden propaganda, and the MSM will play right into all the theater while Joe will fumble to November. This is going to be a shitshow.
This is what I fear. And I won't be surprised if it happens.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is .... just... I can't help but feel that Trump is giddy about these results.
Why? Biden was the one candidate him and his campaign have said they didn't want to face in the general. Bernie would've been eat up in the general. His coalition never expanded and he's performing worse in his home state than 2016.

May 26, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Generalizing black voters over multiple posts, account in junior phase
I AM LOVING IT TONIGHT. Massive win in Alabama for Joe l love the south and Biden. Also Warren is not in the top two for Massachusetts according to exit polls. What a disaster for Bernie and Warren.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Biden wins when there's diversity it seems.

I voted for Biden here in Texas (it was a tough choice for me). If Sanders wins though, I will be fully behind him.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
From CNN:

There are the early leaders in three states
Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are early leaders in these states:
  • Massachusetts (91 Delegates): Biden, Sanders and Warren
  • Oklahoma (37 Delegates): Biden, Sanders
  • Maine (24 Delegates): Biden and Sanders

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I def underestimated the black vote for Biden considering all of Black Twitter right now is hyping up for him.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Based on how Fox News and Trump spin things, I honestly think they want Bernie. Either way they're going to trash the nominee with everything they have

It's not really worth thinking about because it could be Jesus himself and they'd find a way to blame him for the crucifixion. They'd be dishonest shitheels to anyone.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Biden has pretty much said he would be a one term president he needs a strong VP regardless of gender. Hell Sanders does too if he managed to pull it out.

If that's true (which I don't believe) then yeah Warren would be awesome. I think it's really unlikely that people would want the hypothetical guy to beat Trump to step down.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Bernie mega flopping. Don't buy into the hype of personality cults y'all.

Also, America's gigantic sexism issue is literally destroying your country. This is not sustainable and the country will learn this, one way or the other.

I bought into Medicare for all which was only supported by one candidate. Bernie Sanders. Fuck warren and any other person running trying to
Muddy the waters on this issue. These aren't the kind of democrats I want to support.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What makes you think Bernie would have won in his stead, if he couldn't even beat Biden?
Not sure that matters. If Biden loses, that's his failure. And it would be the second straight time of losing a general after being told that moderates are the answer. Which at the very least in a general setting says a moderate isn't the answer. Could mean that the Dem party is out of touch with the general electorate and needs to rethink who should be pushed forward in the primary phase.

That may or may not be someone like Bernie. Or it could be someone else.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the people will get who they vote for, I'll vote for the nominee even if they don't represent me in any actual capacity, even if it's Joe "vote for someone else" Biden.

If Trump wins again though, it just goes to show the DNC and conservative moderate democrats are willing to undermine the country and even the world to preserve the status quo.

What'd the DNC do before South Carolina?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are we shitting on the youth? US education system sucks, I didn't know about primaries until I was 29 years old. The Democrats also don't put a huge effort in reaching the youth due to the threat of going left. This was the strategy in '16 and it worked.

The voter suppression Blacks are facing also benefits both Republicans and the Moderate wing of the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.