• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2018
User Banned (1 week): ignoring modpost in regards to conspiracy theories
Incredible backroom machinations by Obama and the DNC

He formed Moderate Voltron but kept Warren in to split the vote with Bernie

And even then, they have Bloomberg waiting in the wings to make Biden more palatable to the voters

All the cards are stacked against my boy but he can pull it through, I believe

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm just happy Bloomberg wasted all that money for nothing. :) Eat the rich.

Not happy about Biden, but I will vote for whoever wins the nomination.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Maybe I missed some news but I havent seen Obama openly endorsing (or shitting over) anyone. That's classy. At the same time every now and then there is Hillary being Hillary. Bernie campaigned for her 4 years ago and now all she can do is shit on him. What a sad end for her.

I wonder how many people were influenced by the "Bernie cant beat Trump" thing coming to Super Tuesday. And well, people often decide their votes in the last minute and we got 2 candidates dropping out and endorsing Biden. Perfect timing for a boost.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see Biden beating Trump. Trump's base love him, the economy is "good enough", and Biden excites no one. Biden's entire play seems to be to got back to the way things were in 2015. Ads of Biden being a creepy fuck will be blazing 24/7. Hunter Biden will be on the lips of news hosts constantly. I just don't see Biden getting over those hurdles.

Oct 25, 2017
"Did you know that Democratic voters want a unicorn for president? For example, according to preliminary exit polls of North Carolina, 56 percent of voters said they want the next president to return to Obama's policies, while only 27 percent said they want more liberal policies. But in the same poll, 55 percent said they want to replace all private health insurance with a government-run program, and 69 percent want to make tuition free at public colleges and universities."

Per 538's live chat.

People don't know what the fuck they want.
People don't know labels for shit. Policy means more than "liberal or moderate".
Can we please stop with the relentless Warren negativity? It's getting so draining
Maybe we should try to hold our candidates responsible when they lie?
Until they change how voting is done, young people are never going to vote. It's hard to tear kids away from their phones today, much less actually go somewhere and fill out a scantron.
As somebody who loves the idea of online voting holy shit is this a boomer take. The youth vote wasn't the dominant group 15 years ago either.

FUCK FUCK FUCK
Bernie peeps: is there a sky's the limit Biden VP pick that would soften the blow for you if he gets the nom?
Jayapal, Tlaib, and Khanna all come to mind. Pressley's ok but idk as much about her. Idk if Biden will serve a full term (as somebody who regularly says Bernie's VP choice is very important because they may be the next president) so a young extremely progressive PoC would be an amazing choice as a compromise between the centrist and left wings of the party.

Warren would at least make me consider going to vote in November.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see Biden becoming President... I just can't.

People will vote for him to stop Trump but I simply don't see the enthusiasm for him personally that Bernie or others garnered.
People are excited for the Obama candidate because most associate the Obama era as a good era. Biden has that going for him.

On the other hand, Bernie knew he has issues appealing to large parts of the democratic base thanks to his run in 2016 and, at least with African American voters, he seems to have failed to appeal to them.

I'll vote for a dem come November regardless but it isn't hard to see why people want Biden

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see Biden becoming President... I just can't.

People will vote for him to stop Trump but I simply don't see the enthusiasm for him personally that Bernie or others garnered.

How exactly is Bernie going to smack down Trump is he can't even get enough enthusiasm to beat Biden? Like, where is the logic here?

Dec 31, 2017
Damn Biden, really impressed how he earned those votes with NO ground game and a simple association with Obama, + a bailout from establishment dems at the right time.

Inspiring story.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible backroom machinations by Obama and the DNC

He formed Moderate Voltron but kept Warren in to split the vote with Bernie

And even then, they have Bloomberg waiting in the wings to make Biden more palatable to the voters

All the cards are stacked against my boy but he can pull it through, I believe
Enough with the conspiracies.... Sanders disappointing both of us but this is politics

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Old people are reliable voters, you simply can't get destroyed with old voters and rely on the unreliable youth vote.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
What if the centrists were right about Bernie's general electability and this will avert disaster
If he can't beat Biden then they were right. Bernie's whole point was a movement or revolution that would basically gazump the political establishment. As we watch this play doesn't look like it was based on reality. I means he's underperforming in his home state.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp, it's 2016 again in regards to Sanders just getting crushed from key demos of the Dem party.

I said a few weeks ago, that while Sanders wasn't my preferred, I was looking forward to a Super Tuesday where he was the clear nominee comes out on top and can basically "ice" the primary. I just wanted a clear front runner and a delegate lead that wasn't really surmountable.

twb81ram6al11.gif

Could easily be too early for this, need to wait for CA and TX margins, but seeing the demographic exits...

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whoever the next social democrat star is going to be needs to be way more inclusive and way less aggressive than Bernie and his team. Medicare 4 all and other progressive ideas are clearly very popular, I just don't think Bernie is the right person to be leading the charge as he's clearly incredibly off-putting to older voters and black voters.

It'll be AOC most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.