• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
User Banned (1 month): racism

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The moment it coalesced he was dead in the water there. He was only competitive if it was a split field via a plurality win here.

The DNC did what thr RNC didn't last time. They had everyone drop early before momentum built.

Bernies problem has always been expanding the coalition. He's been hovering 30 percent for awhile. That means 70 percent aren't choosing him. If that 70 percent is split five ways he can coast. If not it becomes an issue

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i think it's pretty clear that biden is solely in this position because of obama and his legacy. that's a lot of trust placed in him by a whole lot of people. joe better fucking realize that and actually do right by those people and work his old white ass off to beat trump.

and i will say, maybe it would've helped bernie to make some inroads with the obama people, if only to ease concern that he's aiming to build off of what obama built instead of tearing it all down like people probably fear.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Bernie was doing well with black voters this time around.
Bernie's coalition was proportional to the dem electorate because it shed conservative white and Hispanic voters relative to 2016. Not because it gained black voter support. And while the numbers were going overall across the board w all demos recently, even his best numbers with that group were still landing at or slightly above his 2016 levels at their highest points w/ black voters.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truth is that most americans don't want to care about a president every day of their lives, they really just want that normalcy back. They are fine with droning middle east countries and deporting immigrants as long as you do it in a civil way.

It's just how it is.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden getting the same black support in Virginia as he did in South Carolina is crazy, WOW

If he get's that in Texas...

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Someone that knows more about delegate break down, goes does it change apposed to 2016 that the person winning in the southern states get about 50% of the vote instead of 70-80 like Hillary did? Will Biden get less delegates from these states?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Bernie won Vermont! Wasn't feeling too confident about that one, great sign!
ntfXkzD.gif

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Bernie doing this horrible with African Americans is not a good sign at this point. Biden is going to clean up the south.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DNC did what thr RNC didn't last time. They had everyone drop early before momentum built.

Bernies problem has always been expanding the coalition. He's been hovering 30 percent for awhile. That means 70 percent aren't choosing him. If that 70 percent is split five ways he can coast. If not it becomes an issue
Yup. When myself and others were pointing out the issue with his campaign needing to win back a combination of conservative Bernie 2016 voters and Hillary 2016 voters to get a majority and that we just hadn't seen any signs of that....ever- it wasn't concern trolling.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are not understanding just how big Biden is with older black people here in Virginia. I live near Norfolk and all I've been hearing is "Biden this and Biden that" and "If we vote Biden, it'll be like getting Obama back". I'm not saying black voters are idiots, but they are definitely misinformed.
I don't think they are misinformed. I'm black, and have a lot of black friends and family. They know what Bernie stands for and know what Biden stands for. Black voters have been and probably always will be super pragmatic. I've seen folks say that while they agree more with Bernie or Warren, they don't believe either could win a general election. It just is what it is.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Would you say that so especially true for black voters that you have to mention them specifically?
You ban baiting or something?

Where did I mention them specifically?

Saw a post accussing black people of being low information, a poster getting upset and me trying to contextualize that people, generally speaking, no matter the color, creed, or care are typically tribal, low information, and driven by emotion.

it's not really a controversial thing to point out

Bernie bro or Biden Stan, most people are not drawing loyalties through deep calculated rational processes.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i can't believe that this same guy

Biden's description of Obama draws scrutiny - CNN.com

Sen. Joe Biden planned to spend Wednesday focusing on his official announcement that he was running for president, but the Delaware Democrat instead found himself defending remarks he made to the New York Observer about his Democratic opponents.

is now where he is. the power of obama for real

Status
Not open for further replies.