• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
There's a lot of doom in here but Bernie isn't out of it yet. We haven't even seen the ST results yet.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty good turnout at my polling place in the Bay Area this morning, and seemed overwhelmingly pro-Bernie.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't see much differences between voting for Jill Stein in 2016 and voting for Warren right now in the basis of the logic behind the vote. You know she can't win, and the person closer to your ideology could win with your support. The other option is allowing someone who is against many of the things your candidate cares for to win.

It is completely okay to vote for whoever you want even if they can't win, though. And of couse, allowing Biden to win the primary isn't as bad as allowing Trump to win the presidency. The logic is similar but the moral weight isn't.

...You don't see much difference in voting for your preferred candidate in a DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY when only 4 states have previously cast their votes as opposed to a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION where the alternative was Trump?! C'mon. People certainly weren't feeling Biden a few states ago as well. Shit can change fast. Is it likely? Of course not. But the stakes are nowhere near the same.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
I personally don't see much differences between voting for Jill Stein in 2016 and voting for Warren right now in the basis of the logic behind the vote. You know she can't win, and the person closer to your ideology could win with your support. The other option is allowing someone who is against many of the things your candidate cares for to win.

It is completely okay to vote for whoever you want even if they can't win, though. And of couse, allowing Biden to win the primary isn't as bad as allowing Trump to win the presidency. The logic is similar but the moral weight isn't.

Warren at least has done more to try to earn people's votes with her Senate career.

Jill Stein hasn't done anything of value....yet she expects she deserves a spot in the election because of absolutely nothing

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
At what point is she just peddling misinfo when it has been explained time and time again that any tax increase is offset by overall savings.
It's not really misinformation. Taxes for the middle class will in fact go up for the middle class under Bernie's M4A plan. Any dispute of that is wrong. The caveat is that it will likely be a net savings for most people. But taxes will in fact go up.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if democratic promaries are forever destined to be going at each other's throats...

Oct 25, 2017
lol kiddo

Anyway, you can have universal healthcare without any kind of government funded option

Unless you want to argue Switzerland doesn't have universal healthcare

Nice job picking the 2nd worse per capita country for your example. That said, they still manage to do better than we do.

How-Does-The-U.S.-Healthcare-System-Compare-To-Other-Countries-chart-2.jpg

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Millenials Are Killing the only chance of electing a progressive candidate by not actually showing up and voting :p

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
CNN exit polls showing that 47% of Virginia voters decided today or in the last few days

Edit: More exit polls from CNN. 72% in Maine support M4a in Maine, only 52% in Massachusetts.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Hope Bernie can pull out a big Texas victory plus California. He can still win this, his strong Latino support might well save him from the moderate south.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
So only zealots are allowed on ERA? Like it or not, Moderates are a large portion of both political parties and independants. Elections sway based on their votes.

well to clarify (and I know you're not talking to me but I'll jump in :>), American centrists are very right wing compared to other developed countries, so while they're certainly important in American politics for politicians to win over, it behooves me personally and morally as a citizen to drag the political dialogue as far left as I can, and to avoid negotiating or compromising on high stakes issues with American "centrists."

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate it, and I hope that despite being quite frustrated throughout this thread that I'm not coming across as mean spirited. If the election feels fair and square, then I'll bite my tongue and vote for Biden in November, but I'll also not be too terribly surprised if he gets the floor wiped with him. But I feel like a better future is so close yet just out of reach every time I see Biden pull ahead of Bernie.

I can understand the frustration. Shit sucks and you don't think Biden's going to change much, that his return to old norms won't work. Being frustrated with what's led us to here is valid as all heck, and I'm glad you're still going to vote in November because sitting it out just moved us one vote closer to your fears of Biden not winning if he's the nominee.

Of course, we're still not at that point yet, either.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
So only zealots are allowed on ERA? Like it or not, Moderates are a large portion of both political parties and independants. Elections sway based on their votes.

If your ideological stance is based on tempering expectations and telling people what isn't achievable, you're holding the country back.

Every year that M4A isn't a reality is another year that moderates decided it was ok to let thousands die. Fuck that.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
CNN exit polls showing that 47% of Virginia voters decided today or in the last few days
I don't expect a majority of people to be plugged into all the candidates and stuff all the time, but it just feels really bad to see almost half of people deciding only a day before the vote.

Oct 27, 2017
Voting in LA under the new system was a mixed bag. Lines were long and registration was a big bottleneck. And a lot of machines seemed to be down, not that it mattered because registration was the bottleneck. But the machines are sleek and seem as foolproof as electronic voting can be.
Put a paper in, select your options and it prints your choices in clear language on the paper. Then you can review it and press another button to transmit. And the paper is saved in a bin for manual review.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I don't think so honestly. Bernie has 2 rallies in VA on Saturday and turnout was really high. There's a huge untapped Latino, Muslim, black community here that are going for Bernie that I don't think the polls are capturing.
I don't think the polls are capturing much of the Latino vote in general. That's why Nevada was such a blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.