• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So the party kingmakers won't let Bernie get the nomination even if he's only a few delegates shy of an absolute majority. They'd rather lose with Biden than risk winning with Bernie.

When you have Obama and others running around on the convention floor playing hardball to make sure everyone votes against Bernie it won't be that difficult for them to pull off.
If Obama was as fervently against Bernie as you think he is he wouldn't wait on a convention to endorse his opponent.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
i try to stay away from politics but pokin my head in to say as a young voter seeing biden starting to pull ahead scares the ever living shit out of me.

bernie is not the answer to america's problems but fuck me i will not vote for biden. i wish america was ready for warren
Well, Biden isn't pulling ahead at all. If Bernie comes out of Super Tuesday with a lead, which by all indications he will, he'll probably retain that lead.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So the party kingmakers won't let Bernie get the nomination even if he's only a few delegates shy of an absolute majority. They'd rather lose with Biden than risk winning with Bernie.

When you have Obama and others running around on the convention floor playing hardball to make sure everyone votes against Bernie it won't be that difficult for them to pull off.
This is just some fantasy scenario right now.

If it actually happens, I'll be just as mad as you. But first Bernie has to get the most votes.

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I still think Bernie is going to win big in California and Texas. The minority vote is going to come big for Bernie. I have spoken to Latinos here in Texas who have only heard from the Bernie campaign. I feel like is the same in California.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
All Bernie has to do to win is get more votes than anyone else.

I don't understand why so many are acting like that is some sort of unfair standard.
It doesnt matter whats fair and whats not fair. Its about what we achieve and what we dont. Bernie is the candidate that brings the most change and the voters that are desperately needed to win this election want that change. Fuckery or not. Fair or not. Democrats are choosing to throw this election.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
All we can hope is that if Bernie is the nom he chooses a more moderate unifying person to be his VP. And if Biden is the nom, he chooses an inspiring progressive. If both of them stick to someone on the exact same political spectrum we're gonna have a problem

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

But you're just speculating based off nothing. Its really simple- Bernie beats Biden head to head.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Bernie is going to win big in California and Texas. The minority vote is going to come big for Bernie. I have spoken to Latinos here in Texas who have only heard from the Bernie campaign. I feel like is the same in California.
Absolutely, this will be key. I also think Bernie's support is pretty much cemented at this point, he can only go up.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it is fucking not. Please, people, don't lose your head in 24 hours. We'll know tomorrow but Bernie hasn't lost yet.
The entire party is unifying against the one progressive candidate with a chance in favor of trying to get back to status quo that didn't work in the first place, it's pretty over

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you ever try to make actual points in more than 3 lines? You know, engage in a discussion every once in a while? It's easy to close yourself to any critique and shut down any attempt at discussion when you barely ever make a case for your position beyond a stub. How is what you're doing any different than "cool story bro" drive-by trolls? Like, why did you even reply to my previous post at all when your response is basically just telling me "lol Bernie needs more votes why don't you get that?" That wasn't even my point.

Oct 27, 2017
AAE4RYAAAN85.jpg

Damn lmao. Maybe he considers Sanders to be the even further past? Like USSR era idk...

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It doesnt matter whats fair and whats not fair. Its about what we achieve and what we dont. Bernie is the candidate that brings the most change and the voters that are desperately needed to win this election want that change. Fuckery or not. Fair or not. Democrats are choosing to throw this election.
...are you actually saying that Bernie should get the nomination even if he is not the plurality winner?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The entire party is unifying against the one progressive candidate with a chance in favor of trying to get back to status quo that didn't work in the first place, it's pretty over
With attitudes like that it sure is. Klob and Butts were always going to back Biden when they dropped out, it was always just a matter of time. If Bernie can't weather this he had no chance in the first place.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The final four candidates are literally the candidates I'd expect to make it to the convention without dropping out even if they had like 80 delegates because they're all so stubborn (Bernie included btw). There would have to be a long talk in a smoke filled room for Bernie and Warren to make ammends and talk out a deal even in that case IMO.

That didn't answer the question;

Do you really see a reality where Warren wouldn't give Sanders her delegates in some type of deal for part of her platform or a seat in the administration to send Sanders over the top? Of course there would be a deal, that's the price you pay for not have the needed delegates to be the nominee.

Like, shit, Clinton made concessions to Sanders on the platform, the DNC allowed Sanders to make changes to the process when Sanders has no leverage at all to give Clinton the nomination.

It's the most obvious outcome there is in such a situation.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The DNC really is committed to losing the GE. Trump will completely clown on Biden. It will work too because Biden consistently gives you moments to clown on him.
Clinton clowned on Trump and it didn't make any difference. This also assumes that Trump will even agree to a debate, which he has implied he won't.

Joe Biden is popular with the Democratic base, the voters with a track-record of actually getting out and voting. There is no evidence thus far that Bernie has been successful in mobilizing the youth vote at the scale he needs to win the GE. To the contrary: in New Hampshire, exit polling indicated that the majority of first-time voters turned out for *Pete Buttigieg*.

That said, I'm still voting for Bernie and hoping he wins the primary. But this catastrophizing about Biden's supposed inability to beat Trump is overblown and very tiring.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
If Bernie Sanders doesn't win the primary, then I have lost my faith in this country completely.

Joe Biden can't muster up to Trump in debating or in anything else.

Oct 29, 2017
With attitudes like that it sure is. Klob and Butts were always going to back Biden when they dropped out, it was always just a matter of time. If Bernie can't weather this he had no chance in the first place.

Yeah, Bernie made it clear from the first that he considers the establishment a roadblock to beating Trump or getting anything done. His candidacy is an existential threat to the current party apparatus, by design.

He made something like this happening inevitable; it's on him to break through it and win.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I'm worried about what happens when he beats him, but not by enough to clear a majority. It's clear the party is deeply invested in stopping him.
You're worried about unknowns. None of this has taken place yet.

Also, it's pretty obvious that the Sanders camp knew this would happen from jump, and their strategy (like all campaigns!) remains the same: secure as many delegates as possible and deny your opponents delegates.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
...are you actually saying that Bernie should get the nomination even if he is not the plurality winner?
Im saying that Democrats should try to win the election instead of trying the same thing every single time. I question the compitency that Dems have for gettign results if they think that Biden is the stronger candidate.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Do you ever try to make actual points in more than 3 lines? You know, engage in a discussion every once in a while? It's easy to close yourself to any critique and shut down any attempt at discussion when you barely ever make a case for your position beyond a stub. How is what you're doing any different than "cool story bro" drive-by trolls? Like, why did you even reply to my previous post at all when your response is basically just telling me "lol Bernie needs more votes why don't you get that?" That wasn't even my point.
You're insisting you know for sure how events that have not taken place will transpire.

That's not really anything I can argue against, because it's a fantasy state that exists only in your mind right now. The number of words you expend describing your prediction to us does not change that fact.

I think you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong, which would be awful. But we'll find out together.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Im saying that Democrats should try to win the election instead of trying the same thing every single time. I question the compitency that Dems have for gettign results if they think that Biden is the stronger candidate.
Well that's the electorate's decision to make, as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.