• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
fivethirtyeight just put Biden a percentage point above Bernie.

projects.fivethirtyeight.com

Who Will Win The 2020 Democratic Primary?

FiveThirtyEight's polls and forecast for the 2020 Democratic presidential primary election.
There's been enough change in the past few days to make the data that 538 are using obsolete. The polls are outdated and the momentum projections will be off in several ways. The only solid data will be the results of the four contests (some of which are already fading from relevance - nobody's voting now based largely on candidate performance in Iowa, for example). After tomorrow's results they'll have a lot more real data to work with and they'll start using polls that are more closely reflective of how the nomination race will shake down (rather than including lots of additional candidates that weren't ever going to reach the end). We can see how they do then.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
oh no... they're criticizing the corporate media??? i guess that makes them identical to Trump!!!!!

imo it seems pretty valid for folks who previously got booed by Trump crowds at rallies, to comment on how getting booed by Sanders crowds at rallies is a similar experience.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017

Probably all Russians though, right?

After stuff like this I can see why his supporters would think the 24 hour news channels was against Bernie.

Thankfully a lot of people don't only get info from these channels. Shows like The View are really against him. A lot of these people are wealthy "opinion hosts" (I was corrected recently on what they were), of course they would likely hope Bernie didn't win.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
If Liz gives even half a shit about progressivism in America, she will drop out and endorse now. But she doesn't and she won't.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's good to know that in the mind of Bernie supporters, all Washington Post employees are parts of Jeff Bezo's personal army, ready to take Sanders down. Weird that the Post employed Liz Bruenig until she took a more high profile gig at the Times,, even after Bezos bought the paper, then. Maybe Bezo's loyalty agents didn't notice her.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
if you think all booing is the same and context doesn't matter, then sure

do you suppose the folks at the bernie rally had specific criticisms of the specific journalists present for things they have written, or were just generally booing the press box? because unless they had a specific bone to pick with the specific folks who were present at the time it sure seems like the same context as the booing at a trump rally.

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
Both Biden and Bloomberg are on video (in multiple situations in Biden's case) arguing for Social Security cuts, weird that the main "moderate" candidates have that approach towards one of the most popular Democratic programs in American history. Seems like might be a pretty big "electability" issue for a Democrat running in 2020, if one is actually concerned about that.

I can't wait for that footage being played at the next debates, and the moderators challenging them on it!

Aug 12, 2019
I think it's in everyone's best interest if we hold MSNBC and CNN to the fire as much as possible to quit focusing so much on spin and ridiculousness that clearly reveals their own biases. 24 hours news stations have not been particularly productive institutions in our society and we could in general stand to de-sensationalize our news media in the name of more direct and honest reporting. The way the vast majority of Sanders people who criticize traditional news outlets is different from Trump because its analyzing the interests of that news organization and generally more detailed evidence based criticism, whereas the Trump wing of the world just screams at anything they don't like with reckless abandon. Criticizing news agencies should not be equated to attempting to completely denying reality.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
It's good to know that in the mind of Bernie supporters, all Washington Post employees are parts of Jeff Bezo's personal army, ready to take Sanders down. Weird that the Post employed Liz Bruenig until she took a more high profile gig at the Times,, even after Bezos bought the paper, then. Maybe Bezo's loyalty agents didn't notice her.
We in fact do not, you guys really need to stop trying to characterize millions of people.
How is it different? Genuinely asking.
The media signal boosted Trump and assisted in his election.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
oh no... they're criticizing the corporate media??? i guess that makes them identical to Trump!!!!!
We Bernie bros are just like Trump supporters. It's true. Trump supporters believe in single payer health care to help the most nulnerable, prison reform, anti-interventionist foreign policy, expunging record of those affected by marijuana, and in general bringing wealth/power towards minorities.

Damnit guys. Why didn't some of you keep your masks on?

Dec 31, 2017
We Bernie bros are just like Trump supporters. It's true. Trump supporters believe in single payer health care to help the most nulnerable, prison reform, anti-interventionist foreign policy, expunging record of those affected by marijuana, and in general bringing wealth/power away towards minorities.

Damnit guys. Why didn't some of you keep your masks on?

Don't forget the Palestinian-Americans having the audacity to demand acknowledgment on an international scale.

A lil trumpish tho, not gonna lie.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Is Warren holding out to be some sort of king maker at the convention or some unity candidate as VP?

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (Until July 22): Second violation of the primary OT staff post
[
We in fact do not, you guys really need to stop trying to characterize millions of people.

The media signal boosted Trump and assisted in his election.

I agree, that was unfair. Let me edit - judging from the reaction on this thread, the vast majority of Sander's supporters on this forum seem to agree with the Senator that every employee of the Washington Post, even if they had worked there before he bought that paper, are all part of Jeff Bezo's personal goon squad.

May 26, 2018
Jesus fucking christ. Stuff like this really worries me about what a Sanders presidency would look like. If the press asks him hard questions are these kind of supporters just going to shout them down?

I wish there were more time before my state's primary to see if Sanders actually went in this direction. Responding in a Trump-like manner to reporters and fostering that atmosphere in his supporters. If he did, I'd change my primary vote to Biden so quickly. But I have no idea if he would evolve in that direction, and Super Tuesday is tomorrow, yay....

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I just think we should hold institutions like the WaPo accountable for publishing things like: How Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders both reject the reality of climate change

Not to mention the practically hundreds of other asinine pieces. Maybe that's just too radical though. And booing is mean!

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
[

I agree, that was unfair. Let me edit - judging from the reaction on this thread, the vast majority of Sander's supporters on this forum seem to agree with the Senator that every employee of the Washington Post, even if they had worked there before he bought that paper, are all part of Jeff Bezo's personal goon squad.
The doubt vast majority of sander supporters post in this thread.

Aug 12, 2019
I also hope people recognize how brutal a Biden nomination is going to be. He's got a lot of really weak areas that he can be hit on and Biden is going to have to deal with it all head on. If he's going to own Obama as his lane of "electability" that also means owning his weaknesses in the general (some of which were directly caused by Biden himself) and that's one of the areas I've never seen Biden do particularly well with. He's always willing to hold his connection to Obama in high esteem when the good parts of his Presidency are being referenced, but he just gets quiet and struggles when hit with proper criticisms of the Obama era, and specifically, he won't have the shield of Democratic respect for Obama holding back those criticisms in the general.

I understand why he's the main moderate in the race at this point, but I do wish the moderates would have picked someone with a little less liability all around as their candidate. If Biden is the nominee, he's going to have quite possibly an even worse cycle than Hillary had by the end of it (he won't have the immediate sexism bullshit at least though).

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Jesus fucking christ. Stuff like this really worries me about what a Sanders presidency would look like. If the press asks him hard questions are these kind of supporters just going to shout them down?
Not that I condone that, but ask yourself, what is the agenda/goal for why they would do that? What would they be hoping to accomplish by doing that? Is it like Trump who do that to be anti-climate change, pro-bigotry, etc...? Or is it for something else?

It's important to keep in context what that actually means. When that context is known, I don't see much reason to be scared of it.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How is it different? Genuinely asking.
in the same way it's different when a crowd in Sheffield boos a reporter from The Sun

if you really don't see the difference between a crowd booing a reporter because they won't talk about Qanon and the supposed Clinton pedo ring and a crowd booing a reporter because their outlet is a part of a tax-dodging billionaire's attempt to consolidate their exploitative business empire, I don't know what to tell you.

but in general, I don't think people should go after reporters

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there were more time before my state's primary to see if Sanders actually went in this direction. Responding in a Trump-like manner to reporters and fostering that atmosphere in his supporters. If he did, I'd change my primary vote to Biden so quickly. But I have no idea if he would evolve in that direction, and Super Tuesday is tomorrow, yay....
Why would this of all things be a deciding factor??? Do you want universal health care or no? Are you anti war or no? How bad do you want to stop climate change? Are all of these things not infinitely more important??

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone minds things like asking him hard questions. They'd prefer it to bait questions for example. Look at this one, where the reporter admitted she tried to bait him but he didn't take it.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Like myself and posters have said before, Joe Biden's very visible change on gay marriage is the single biggest shift in the political legitimacy of the modern gay civil rights movement. Bernie can I have his "I supported gay marriage before it was cool" badge, because good for him. But that won't score him points, or give him a moral high ground, against the man who has a much more practical claim to aiding the progression of gay marriage acceptance in America.
"Establishment figure who fought all his life against gay rights, and only changed his position after the entire country was moved towards supporting them deserves more credit on gay rights than the activists that moved the whole country."

This take is out of this world.

This is what the moderate/centrists allies look like.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not that I condone that, but ask yourself, what is the agenda/goal for why they would do that? What would they be hoping to accomplish by doing that? Is it like Trump who do that to be anti-climate change, pro-bigotry, etc...? Or is it for something else?

It's important to keep in context what that actually means

"If we attack the press indiscriminately, it's OK, because we're doing in for the right reasons!"

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
[

You're the first any only person to even bring up Jeff Bezo's in this thread.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let me edit - judging from the reaction on this thread, the vast majority of Sander's supporters on this forum seem to agree with the Senator that every employee of the Washington Post, even if they had worked there before he bought that paper, are all part of Jeff Bezo's personal goon squad.
Sanders never said that, but OK

May 26, 2018
Why would this of all things be a deciding factor??? Do you want universal health care or no? Are you anti war or no? How bad do you want to stop climate change? Are all of these things not infinitely more important??

Like I said, it would take more time to change my mind if Sanders actually starts acting like a dictator or something. But I don't have time. Voting is tomorrow.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
[

You should probably try another edit since you are now claiming that "the vast majority" of Sanders' supporters mobilised within minutes of this tweet being posted here

Status
Not open for further replies.