• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
That's a gross misrepresentation of things. Reminder that Bernie handily won the OT poll in 2016 on that site.
Yes but I also remember the countless anti-Bernie threads. Peoples' blood was boiling over the guy. So many Hillary logo Avis. That horrible, horrible MS Paint created logo...

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If that's your logic, then why didn't either of them drop out before SC then? It's not like either of them were going to do well there either. The timing being strategic makes complete sense.
Both hoped for a miracle, neither got it. Also Amy will be especially embarrassed if she loses MN without dropping out first.

Also, there very well might have been strategy involved, but the strategy is the candidates themselves acting in a way to ingratiate themselves to who they think will be the eventual winner. That's not the DNC coming in and rigging the race, that's the very nature of politics.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Pettiness? Or apathy?

Whichever way you look at it, if millions of people are going to stay at home as a result of the candidate your party nominates... maybe the party is somewhat responsible for ultimately losing?

Just a thought.
The party itself doesn't nominate a candidate, the party's members and supporters too.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
But that's just guessing and building theories out of those guesses, when the simplest answer is most likely to be the correct one.

When we start assuming nefarious intent to explain actions that are completely rational and logical on their own, we're just injecting our own biases.
I guess my confusion is why it should be seen as nefarious? It's just the way politics is done. I dunno.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but I also remember the countless anti-Bernie threads. Peoples' blood was boiling over the guy. So many Hillary logo Avis. That horrible, horrible MS Paint created logo...

I also remember the countless anti-hillary threads including Bernie supporters that are still on this forum, were cheering on Project Vertias back then.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Hilarious you trying to pretend Bernie folks were presuected on GAF when there were hundreds of pages of threads quoting Project Vertias conspiarcy therories about Hillary and being cheered about.
Hillary was and is terrible; trying to dismiss criticism of her as "Project Veritas conspiracy theories" is bullshit. And nothing you said proves Bernie folks weren't persecuted.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I'm just saying it would be a hurdle for the M4A folks to deal with as people tend to rate their own health plan highly for some reason I don't understand (maybe because they mostly don't use it?)
Because many moderates do a job in the interest of the insurance industry. It's their fault people rate their health plan highly when the people keep getting told by these same democrats that they're going to lose something they love. They're manufacturing consent. If they truly cared about the people they wouldn't make this argument. Instead everyone would sign on to this plan, and debate other topics. That doesn't happen though for obvious reasons.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
No it isn't man, I lived through it.
So did I. Bernie supporters were everywhere, and like I said, he won the OT poll handily. The support for Hillary was the Poli said of things mad because Bernie was mathematically eliminated but kept going. It was clear he wasn't going to win by like the end of March, but he stayed in just to keep attacking Hillary. We also had people spamming OT with articles from Breitbart and Project Veritas in full on anti-Hillary mode.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary was and is terrible; trying to dismiss criticism of her as "Project Veritas conspiracy theories" is bullshit. And nothing you said proves Bernie folks weren't persecuted.

So again, historical revisionism. You keep on that persecution complex, it does wonders for garnering support.

I guess you are one of the people that still beleives the Clinton Foundation was a scam too, or were you one of the poeple that uniroinically posted Beritbart articles? Or the Washingon Examiner?

Oct 27, 2017

Entirely agree. There might have been a silent majority of Bernie supporters who voted in polls, but for anybody actually trying to engage in conversation it was absurdly toxic. To reframe that narrative now is incredibly dishonest.

Pretty much where I am now. Not particularly shocked, but this does make results tomorrow a lot more uncertain.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Main reason they droped out before ST is so even if Bernie does well tomorrow night, they can say "It is a new race regardless" and dismiss any of his wins.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Entirely agree. There might have been a silent majority of Bernie supporters who voted in polls, but for anybody actually trying to engage in conversation it was absurdly toxic. To reframe that narrative now is incredibly dishonest.

Yes, it was the hillary supporters posting about Project Vertias, posting Breitbart articles, all to gaslight Bernie supports from 2016.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
So again, historical revisionism. You keep on that persecution complex, it does wonders for garnering support.
That really should have no bearing on who you support (I'm assuming you and other posters here considering these posts are only reaching era posters). It's the same when people complain about "you guys being so sjw is making me consider voting for Trump!" You either stand for things or you don't. A poster of which has nothing to do with your moral stance on issues should not affect your vote.

Sure in general these things affect votes, but I think people here should know better.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Biden has been having trouble, he is still a better candidate than Hillary and has much less baggage. The main issue is the policy side of things. I really hope Joe does a good job at pushing policies that a Bernie supporter is wanting.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So we've got people already making excuses for Biden, talking points against M4A and Clinton apologists.

That's why I laugh when somebody - anybody - claims this is a Left-leaning progressive forum. Outside of identity politics - which I agree is important - this board is largely populated by moderate Democrats.

That said, I have no choice to vote for whoever gets the nomination, even if that person is Joe Fucking Biden.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

This honestly wouldn't surprise me. Folks in Minnesota who were voting for Amy weren't doing it because they thought she was going to win President, it's because they like her and shes from Minnesota.

I don't think she'll actually win the state but it wouldn't surprise me if she still got 20% of the vote especially given early voting. Minnesota has like 50 days worth of early voting, its pretty wild.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
That really should have no bearing on who you support (I'm assuming you and other posters here considering these posts are only reaching era posters). It's the same when people complain about "you guys being so sjw is making me consider voting for Trump!" You either stand for things or you don't. A poster of which has nothing to do with your moral stance on issues should not affect your vote.

Sure in general these things affect votes, but I think people here should know better.

Im sorry if im not going to accept being Gaslighted by notable posters who know what they are doing.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA

I guess you are one of the people that still beleives the Clinton Foundation was a scam too.
No, I am not. You know, I'd rather you not talk to me.
So did I. Bernie supporters were everywhere, and like I said, he won the OT poll handily. The support for Hillary was the Poli said of things mad because Bernie was mathematically eliminated but kept going. It was clear he wasn't going to win by like the end of March, but he stayed in just to keep attacking Hillary. We also had people spamming OT with articles from Breitbart and Project Veritas in full on anti-Hillary mode.
Dude, there were so many shitty Hillary fans on GAF during the primary. So, so many. I know all we can do is compare anecdotes but it got ridiculous. Link to the poll, would honestly be curious to read the thread. Couldn't find it in my search.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie praising Castro can be seen as a legitimate lack of strategy. That's fair game. What isn't fair game is attacking him using Republican talking points. You're doing the job of the Republicans. That's nothing to do with strategy. If those same Democrats did not show fake disgust, then it would project to voters that it isn't a big deal. You can't claim strategy, when your (not you specifically) attack isn't based on concern for winning that demographic.

Can someone point me to Bernie specifically praising Castro rather than just saying almost exactly the same thing about Cuba's education system that Obama did? Because if he did the former, I haven't seen it.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Is Obama waiting to endorse Joe until things get really dire for him?

Obama's official stance is he's going to endorse the winner to try and do some unity. Of course, trying to do some unity with Republicans was a big part of his 2008 campaign, and we see how successful that was, so I'm not sure it'll go over great in this situation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.