• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
Well if Bernie wins the most delegates at least we won't have to listen to how it doesn't count because the Moderates are splitting the ticket. Bernie and Liz vs Biden and Michael sounds dair to me.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Training Video

Quick Start guide

Sample Script

Get started here
berniesanders.com

Make Calls for Bernie Now!

Make calls to voters from home to help grow our grassroots movement and win! Can you hop on the phones to make sure Bernie wins this election?

Here's all you need to get started. I know that it's scary to reach out to people like this with cold calls, but it's fun and easy once you actually get in there. This is how we win and we need to do this TODAY. If you've been waiting around to get involved NOW IS THE TIME.

Do what you can now or you'll regret it later. Good luck and happy calling!

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Or the climate. 👍 It's pretty interesting how no buster will say a word about it. Frankly, I have no clue where the hell Bernie-or-busters got their convictions from anyway. It sure as hell isn't empathy for the poor, those affected by Trump's harmful policies (oftentimes minorities) or inaction towards climate change, or anything else I could point my finger on really. I just suspect that no matter who wins, it won't affect them much, else they'd probably drop this ridiculous stance.

If you care about climate change, how can you consider not voting Democrats even for a second?
Do you really think a Biden admin would enact any significant environmental policies if they negatively impact corporate interests, which, by necessity, they must?

Oct 28, 2017
When you start repeating Trump, it's time to reevaluate your thought processes.

I interviewed a candidate the other day that had a similar career history as Hunter. It's not that strange.

Are you going to bother to talk about the guy's corruption or is this the hug zone where you don't even try to dispute the facts and just push everything related to Trump down?

This is absolutely going to be used during the election to paint both sides as the same. How does Biden have the moral ground here if he can't deflect or prove it to be wrong. This is the problem with the Democrats, they talk big about shit like fair elections then can't get the Iowa election down properly because of internal self dealing. This talk starts to fall flat when someone who got fucked by an unfair election, Stacey Abrams, takes $5 million from Bloomberg and defends him literally buying mayors, operatives and politicians.

They might be Republican talking points but when there's actual truth in them maybe it's time to be self reflective.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory rhetoric
It's really unfortunate it's impossible for a third party to rise in any meaningful way in the US.

Trump will win.

Fuck it. If Biden becomes the nomination, I hope Trump wins. Perhaps at the end of next 4 years, whatever "status quo" would be perceived as then as the overton window would inevitably slide further right, won't be good enough. Perhaps enough people need to go to medical bankruptcy so that we don't have old pieces of putrid meat telling young people about "choices" in medical insurance.

Empathy, fucking empathy is the ultimate teacher and once americans are again put through the fucking ringer of right wing gaslighting, bigotry, white nationalism, destruction of ecosystems, anti-science domination, pro-life dominance etc, perhaps then americans will tear down the degenerate DNC and their "status quo".

Fuck DNC, Fuck Trump, Fuck racist, bigoted moderates.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Are you going to bother to talk about the l guy corruption or is this the hug zone where you don't even try to dispute the facts?

This is absolutely going to be used during the election to paint both sides as the same. How does Biden have the moral ground here if he can't deflect or prove it to be wrong.
The first step is progressives not becoming Trump parrots. Once we accomplish that, stoping the spread of FUD will be all the easier.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it. If Biden becomes the nomination, I hope Trump wins. Perhaps at the end of next 4 years, whatever "status quo" would be perceived as then as the overton window would inevitably slide further right, won't be good enough. Perhaps enough people need to go to medical bankruptcy so that we don't have old pieces of putrid meat telling young people about "choices" in medical insurance.

Empathy, fucking empathy is the ultimate teacher and once americans are again put through the fucking ringer of right wing gaslighting, bigotry, white nationalism, destruction of ecosystems, anti-science domination, pro-life dominance etc, perhaps then americans will tear down the degenerate DNC and their "status quo".

The fucking irony in this statement. Empathy...

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

I think empathy is realizing Biden is a much better candidate than Trump if it comes down to that.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
If the plan is to campaign to get the white suburbs to vote Biden, my hunch is if Biden loses, they will blame Bernie more than the white suburbs.

The party is making a choice on who they feel has a better chance at being elected. If Bernie was the nom, I highly doubt they would get really mad at the white suburbs if he lost in the general. But they sure as hell are going to lay all the blame on the horrible left.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
based on the fact that Biden needs the support and is clearly the candidate the party would rather have and is the most viable alternative to Sanders and super tuesday is tomorrow. this isn't some CrAzYYyy SanDErs SuPpOrtER conspiracy from 2016. It's an extremely mild idea of what may have happened that insults no one. I expected the response to be "well that's one idea" or something like that. Not, "FUCK OFF WITH THIS INSANE BULLSHIT"

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Its so progressive of you to wish poeple to suffer if you dont get your way.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

bad post my friend, bad post. like real "leftists hate liberals more than fascists" vibes.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Most of those loses can be explained by the white working class leaving Democrats because they dared to expand rights for black people.
Yeah, definitely that too. There's a lot of circumstances that go into a presidential election and boiling it down to "Well we nominated a moderate (whatever that really means) and they lost" is just dumb.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
The first step is progressives not becoming Trump parrots. Once we accomplish that, stoping the spread of FUD will be all the easier.
You could label that at moderates when they say things like "Bernie! How could you praise Castro" or "People like their insurance" or "single payer health care isn't possible."

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

I mean, you don't seem to be very empathetic for the voters whose agency you are completely discounting.

If Bernie gets the most votes, he will win. If he does not, he wont win. That's as it should be.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

If it didn't happen in 4 years it isn't happening in another 4. All that's gonna happen is this country is gonna get immeasurably worse if Trump wins. Let's not do that.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

Your boogie man DNC didn't do jack shit here.

And how about some empathy with your hope that Trump wins. Instead of a bit of progress (Biden is for expanding healthcare, lowering costs for schooling, raising minimum wage, combating climate change, and justice system reform) you get more kids in cages, constant crime, and backsliding of that same healthcare system, bigotry, white nationalism, etc etc. There's your hope.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Training Video

Quick Start guide

Sample Script

Get started here
berniesanders.com

Make Calls for Bernie Now!

Make calls to voters from home to help grow our grassroots movement and win! Can you hop on the phones to make sure Bernie wins this election?

Here's all you need to get started. I know that it's scary to reach out to people like this with cold calls, but it's fun and easy once you actually get in there. This is how we win and we need to do this TODAY. If you've been waiting around to get involved NOW IS THE TIME.

Do what you can now or you'll regret it later. Good luck and happy calling!

I told my mom and shes gonna do it. Im deaf but I can help her with the computer part of it.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
based on the fact that Biden needs the support and is clearly the candidate the party would rather have and is the most viable alternative to Sanders and super tuesday is tomorrow. this isn't some CrAzYYyy SanDErs SuPpOrtER conspiracy from 2016. It's an extremely mild idea of what may have happened that insults no one. I expected the response to be "well that's one idea" or something like that. Not, "FUCK OFF WITH THIS INSANE BULLSHIT"
...but it's also ignoring the much simpler explanation:

They endorsed the person closet to them ideologically, just like Bernie supporters want Warren to do.

What's the difference?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018

If trump wins what will happen is the SC will be lost for decades, lower courts will be stacked as well, countless more regulations rolled back, maybe a war or 2.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Your boogie man DNC didn't do jack shit here.

And how about some empathy with your hope that Trump wins. Instead of a bit of progress (Biden is for expanding healthcare, lowering costs for schooling, raising minimum wage, combating climate change, and justice system reform) you get more kids in cages, constant crime, and backsliding of that same healthcare system, bigotry, white nationalism, etc etc. There's your hope.
Yes but all the apathetic americans that don't care about that stuff and don't vote would suddenly care about that stuff and vote this time! Because, reasons.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
there's some great reading material and documentaries about it. The house was literally given up to pass this legislation. Like they knew they were losing the house in 2010 because of it.

And ultimately, I think it's worth it. The PPACA gets more popular every year, despite Republicans on every level denying its expansion and handicapping it however they can. It's grown the appetite for true single payer legislation, a considering Obama theorized down the line. The underlying argument that healthcare is a human right that should be protected - however possible - by the government was the goal, and he more or less got that message across.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused about your position here. Do you not believe Pete and Amy's actions represent a coordinated effort to rally around Biden? They both just happened to do this between SC and Super Tuesday?

For the record I don't believe this constitutes a grand conspiracy or diabolical corruption. It's just the party doing what people have been telling them to do and coalescing around a Bernie challenger.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
...but it's also ignoring the much simpler explanation:

They endorsed the person closet to them ideologically, just like Bernie supporters want Warren to do.

What's the difference?
I'm not ignoring that, I just believe slightly more in what I wrote based on the timing. It's not a big deal and shouldn't stress anyone out. it's literally nothing.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden wins the nomination, Trump is going to mop the floor with him during the debates. Biden can't even form coherent sentences at this point. Really hoping Bernie wins, but anything is better than Trump (and Bloomberg) at this point.

I don't think so, but I also don't really think it matters.

First, Trump might just not agree to debate at all. He'll say that the debates are unfair and he won't debate on any of the networks because they're fake news. Trump has a lot to lose in a debate. He doesn't even give interviews to the moderate press, so I'd have a hard time thinking he'd put himself out there to be vulnerable.

Second, the immediate reactions following every debate Trump had with Clinton had people thinking that he lost:
  • Debate #1: 62% believed Clinton won, compared to 27% for Trump
  • Debate #2: 42% of respondents considered Clinton the winner of the debate, while 28% considered Trump the winner, and a slightly higher percentage (30%) were undecided
  • Debate #3: 43% of respondents considered Clinton the winner of the debate, with 26% saying Trump.
Some other polls were even more skewed to Clinton over Trump in each debate. I don't think any general polls ever showed Trump winning a single debate. Most voters are entrenched either way, especially with Trump voters who are going to convince themselves, no matter what, that Trump has won.

Third, though, and importantly, debate performance isn't seen as being very significant. A poll shortly after a debate might spike up, but then generally fall back down. Voters have short memories. Nate Silver repeatedly says that debates show almost no difference in poll numbers after a few days.

Even given all of these things, I don't think that Biden would be a bad debate against Trump. I think Sanders and Warren would be better. My dream is to see Warren go after Trump in a debate like she did Bloomberg. Bloomberg would probably be the worst. Biden looks worse against excellent debaters like Warren or very polished communicators like Buttigieg, or aggressive questioners like Klobochar where Warren and Klobuchar are both experienced lawyers. Trump is none of those things. He struggles to make coherent sentences at rallies and Fox has had to cut away from his speeches at rallies because of how incoherent they are. He's though tto have lost every debate in 2016, and Trump has only become more senile since then.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017

And this is why Bernie shouldn't have run again.

People like you make Russia's job so much easier.

They can take your post and copy/paste it on social media and that's how you get 4 more years of Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.