• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
What's the world going to look like for you in Trump's second term? Are you in a really good financial position? Can you leave the country on a moment's notice?
worse of course. but where am at, worse is a constant, regardless of whether the person sitting at the top is a dem or republican. bernie's that last hurrah towards actual progress and if he fails...i guess wait for 2024 and AOC? if we even make it that far.

The judiciary will be fucked for decades if Trump gets a second term. Stop posturing.
1. i'm not posturing

2. we're already fucked if we're relying on some old woman not falling apart at the slightest breeze

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If your vote is going to overridden at the DNC then yes it is worthless. Not a great message to send heading into November.

Oh, I see. I'm still in favor of the plurality/majority being the nom. It's a lot more straightforward too now that many of the moderates are dropping out. The argument that Sanders wouldn't represent the majority of people if he didn't pass the threshold was shaky to begin with, but it's all but tissue paper now.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out this gif was misused all along.

Moderates today:

cHUsero.gif

Joe Biden is Goku.
Joe Biden is Yamcha

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've gone over before that I think she should drop out, I see what she's going for but it's stupid. That being said, people were fine with Bernie driving forward when he was mathemathically eliminated and now you've got those same people asking for a drop after the first four states when Warren has her best states in front of her and calling her a traitor to the movement, establishment shill, etc. Like, chill.
Seriously Steel, what is she going for? Cause I'm a Warren supporter and I don't see it.

May 26, 2018
I really hope Bernie's movement is strong enough to break the two party system. It just isn't working anymore, in my opinion, when sects of these parties have to "fall in line" or disagree on issues too much.

We cannot break the two party system from outside of it. It has to happen within first, if it is even possible. Trying to do that beforehand will obliterate the party running to the left of Trump and there will be only one party in power from here until the end of our union.

It cannot be overstated how important this year is for everyone alive, and everyone yet to be born.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of poetic that months of calling people Rats, Snakes and god knows what else is now coming home to roost. These were all good candidates and decent human beings, and people who supported them aren't the devil. To beat Trump you need a coalition that includes the left and the centre, so I have no idea who ever thought it was a great idea to villify the centre left.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone over before that I think she should drop out, I see what she's going for but it's stupid. That being said, people were fine with Bernie driving forward when he was mathemathically eliminated and now you've got those same people asking for a drop after the first four states when Warren has her best states in front of her and calling her a traitor to the movement, establishment shill, etc. Like, chill.

Like man, I didn't even get to vote yet! Let me at least participate in the process before we anoint the de facto leader of my party lmao

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of poetic that months of calling people Rats, Snakes and god knows what else is now coming home to roost. These were all good candidates and decent human beings, and people who supported them aren't the devil. To beat Trump you need a coalition that includes the left and the centre, so I have no idea who ever thought it was a great idea to villify the centre left.
If anything it proves the vilification of the establishment was 100% correct.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brokered convention and she being the middle ground between Bernie and Biden.

She hasn't been subtle about it. She wants enough delegates in the convention that in the unlikely event Bernie and Biden are tied she can make a case for the party to pick her as a compromise candidate. Failing that she could use the delegates she gets as leverage for concessions on appointments, first dibs on writing legislation, or otherwise.

Ok, I appreciate you spelling it out because I honestly didn't get what she wanted from the convention if Biden/Bernie was set to take it. Her actions become clearer when you consider her as a "compromise" candidate rather than a progressive.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
worse of course. but where am at, worse is a constant, regardless of whether the person sitting at the top is a dem or republican. bernie's that last hurrah towards actual progress and if he fails...i guess wait for 2024 and AOC? if we even make it that far.

1. i'm not posturing

2. we're already fucked if we're relying on some old woman not falling apart at the slightest breeze

Sexist af tbh

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God, the entire dem party teaming up against the leftist

Wouldn't it be funny if he still won despite the amalgamation ?
It'll still be one candidate against the other. Imagine if Klob, and Pete didn't run in the first place or dropped out before Iowa. Biden would be sitting pretty out of the first three states with a narrative where he probably got close seconds and maybe even a first in Iowa. He probably still loses Nevada fairly big, but yeah. If anything, Klob and Pete have worked out to Bernie's advantage, they just dropped sooner than expected.

Seriously Steel, what is she going for? Cause I'm a Warren supporter and I don't see it.
I'm not a Warren supporter and:

She hasn't been subtle about it. She wants enough delegates in the convention that in the unlikely event Bernie and Biden are tied she can make a case for the party to pick her as a compromise candidate. Failing that she could use the delegates she gets as leverage for concessions on appointments, first dibs on writing legislation, or otherwise.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I honestly think that Biden is the most likely nominee to lose to Trump. The media will not gloss over his mental decline in presidential debates like they did in primaries
It's definitely possible that Biden loses in the general but one thing to keep in mind is that Bernie and Biden both have the best showings in head to head polls against Trump both nationally and in swing states.

So that's the silver lining of one of them being the nominee over Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg or Bloomberg.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

Well said... except the "poetic" part implies that you take pleasure in it, whereas I don't at all.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Preach.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I appreciate you spelling it out because I honestly didn't get what she wanted from the convention if Biden/Bernie was set to take it. Her actions become clearer when you consider her as a "compromise" candidate rather than a progressive.
Why do you think she's pivoted to spouting "unity" as her thing?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Er....Buttigieg and Klobuchar were not good candidates, that's why they dropped out now.

Wetherell

Nov 26, 2019
The more people that drop out, the more Biden and Bernie speak at debates. That helps Bernie and hurts Biden imo

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, is the supposition we won't hear about Jane Sanders the entire election if Bernie is nominated?

This thought that only Biden will have a completely fabricated scandal is hilarious.

It's better know then Jane sanders.
Truth is Biden does have a ton more questionable bs.
Just look at what is happening. It's very easy to keep painting the Biden's and the DNC as a corrupt shit stack.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
People pretend they care about others but what they really mean is they only care if their preferred candidate wins.

this is what bothers me. People claim to care about poor people and the cost of insulin and the challenges marginalized people face and that's why you have to vote for my candidate. Oh, my candidate didn't get in? I'm staying home and letting Trump go on with his planned cuts to medicaid and medicare and continue to let those marginalized people be abused by Trump's policies. Don't weaponize vulnerable people if you don't actually care.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll still be one candidate against the other. Imagine if Klob, and Pete didn't run in the first place or dropped out before Iowa. Biden would be sitting pretty out of the first three states with a narrative where he probably got close seconds and maybe even a first in Iowa. He probably still loses Nevada fairly big, but yeah. If anything, Klob and Pete have worked out to Bernie's advantage, they just dropped sooner than expected.

I'm not a Warren supporter and:
This strategy makes me like her less, tbh.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
this is what bothers me. People claim to care about poor people and the cost of insulin and the challenges marginalized people face and that's why you have to vote for my candidate. Oh, my candidate didn't get in? I'm staying home and letting Trump go on with his planned cuts to medicaid and medicare and continue to let those marginalized people be abused by Trump's policies. Don't weaponize vulnerable people if you don't actually care.
as if the establishment hasn't done the exact same thing against the left for decades

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017

I'm gonna blame Chapo

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
okay now i really want to know how uncritical support of an ethnostate makes you decent

Oct 27, 2017
Except for the fact that she's smart enough to know that if she's selected in such a manner she will be obliterated in the general. A distant third in votes and delegates becomes the nominee? Yah no, it won't work out.

At this point she CAN'T be playing for the nomination. It has to be something else

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Biden was always going to get these endorsements , sooner or later. Timing is the only real difference, not the outcome.

People who want Sanders to win (and I personally hope he does) shouldn't give up yet, unless they expected no opposition at all.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Entitlement. People who expoused those sentiments generally don't want a leader of the Democratic party, they want Bernie Sanders to be president. DNC was simply his only realistic path to that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.