• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Yeah overall terrible news for Bernie I fear.
Can't fault Pete for doing this, but yeah it sucks. If only Warren would drop out before Tuesday as well...
Warren and Klobernator are staying in the race through Super Tuesday to kneecap Bernie in Minnesota and Massachusetts, and Pete dropping out early despite being in a more favorable place than both of them means only one thing.
They've all coalesced around Biden and this is their play to beat Bernie.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I feel like a Biden endorsement by Buttigieg wouldn't be that big a deal? He did well in Iowa and that's it, his popularity has significantly waned in the last two weeks from his awful debate performance.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
"Pete's not a real gay guy cause he's not feminine enough" is not "harmless comedy."

I can't speak for how people in those groups take the jokes, but they are pretty common jokes from what i've seen. Using midget isn't great, but this pretty much in line with what I said earlier. They sometimes stretch the bounds like most comedy podcasts people listen to (Comedy Bang Bang etc.). The jokes are not at all told in the same way you would find in one of the "i'm not politically correct" types.

If people don't like it I can't really argue. I respect those takes and have seen them for a while (Amber's take on disability rights being one of the lower moments. Funnily enough the Bernie platform went all in with a great disability platform), but the only reason anyone is talking about them right now is because of this New York Times piece which is specifically designed to scare anyone who doesn't listen to the podcast away from Sanders because they support him. Purely cynical move.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Can I also just say how fucking crazy it is that Democrats in 2020 still embrace a system where New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and a bunch of mostly uncontested states set the stage for the nomination?

No one in their right mind that was developing a nomination process in 2020 would support this shit lol.

Were talking about South Carolina, a deep red state, as a fucking momentum swinger. LO-fucking-L. Iowa as the stage setter for the nominee.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Ya'll are really overselling the efficacy of a Pete endorsement.

Anyway, good luck to him in the future (after some self-reflection and watching videos of himself back in 2019).

Mar 9, 2018
Does she want to be known as Elizabeth Worsen-the-prospect-of-a-progressive-victory?

She can still do the right thing #and #dropout #and #endorse #Bernie.

Dec 6, 2018
Curious how this will affect Indiana's primary, only one poll from last year with Biden 33, Bernie 23, Pete 20

Also will be interesting to see debates going forward, Pete was probably the best attacker of the bunch that actually was able to attack Sanders reliably, if annoyingly,

although this also means that Klob is now unleashed from her blood pact to eliminate Pete so who knows

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
This is probably correct

If this plays out this way, I, as a lifelong Democratic voter, will be thinking very long and hard about November. I'll vote down ballot like I always do, but if the party really does careless to lock out the candidate that is most poised to win, fuck this part for putting corporate interests over country.

This party is turning into a fucking horror show.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Were talking about South Carolina, a deep red state, as a fucking momentum swinger. LO-fucking-L. Iowa as the stage setter for the nominee.
I don't get why people keep thinking this matters. How SC votes in the general is irrelevant, a primary is about the members of a political party deciding who they want to represent them. Democrats in South Carolina have just as much right to influence that decision as Democrats in California.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So it's everyone's job to fuck over Bernie or am I reading this wrong

everything everyone does is a direct response to bernie, no one has any goals or ambitions of their own. warren and klobuchar simply existing in this race is somehow preventing people voting for bernie, don't worry about the actual mechanics of that, just accuse them of sabotaging him.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I really don't understand the problem with withdrawals and endorsements. It does not seem reasonable to hate a candidate purely for not endorsing the one you like.

If Bernie is going to win, the rules are clear: get 1991 delegates (on the first ballot, at least).

I wish people would say what state they're in when saying this.
An irrational one.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
Kinda seems like a dumb move. Even though I don't like any of the candidates with a chance of winning the nomination and fully expect us to lose big I'm still voting in November because not voting at all benefits NO ONE.
get out there and vote, volunteer and donate to a tired old man and a bunch of means-tested centrists. real inspiring message we have there.

Oct 27, 2017
everything everyone does is a direct response to bernie, no one has any goals or ambitions of their own. warren and klobuchar simply existing in this race is somehow preventing people voting for bernie, don't worry about the actual mechanics of that, just accuse them of sabotaging him.
Most posters have actually laid out 'the actual mechanics' of that, but snark more

Status
Not open for further replies.