• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Interacting with younger people these days, the only explanation I can surmise as to why they aren't showing up in greater numbers to elections is they're mostly Marxist-Leninists who think electoral politics are bourgeois decadence.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am wasting way too much brain power trying to figure out what that "I believe in free speech, but will gender someone correctly if they ask" take even means.

Being a Warren supporter is such a roller coaster. Every time she reminds me why I like her, like that debate performance against Bloomberg, she follows it up with some terrible politics.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Is it mayor Pete's plan to force all citizens into military service after high school? I heard that from someone but that seams crazy to me.
No, there is a service push there - which goes beyond military. It's also apparantely not a new position either. A number of people have pushed that, but in Congress, it's just never been funded. One of those things that people like in practice, but don't actually care about in reality.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If only Marx wrote "always participate in electoral politics" in the Communist Manifesto.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Thats like goku and vegeta teaming up before the frieza saga.

I mean sure its possible but piccolo/goku havent even killed raditz yet.

Would make for some interesting times though.
source.gif

shutterstock_editorial_10551224k.jpg

I've always thought the ending would be Biden - Bernie in some form before 2019. Bloomberg, Warren, Pete almost made me think it was gonna be off the rails but it's all finally ending in a unity ticket between the two biggest names.....

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Giving all my energy to Bernie for him to sweep Cali and Texas.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Finally listened to Biden's speech. Lmao. Where has this Biden been hiding. He's definitely coming across more energetic and put together.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
I'm betting that Pete and Amy drop out after ST. I would of said Warren before her contested convention comments

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I just freak from seeing what's happened to Cuba/ and Venezuela.
I just wanted to touch on what you said last thread about servers not having their tips taxed. That was more true in the past than now. Virtually everyone pays by card now and every single cent of those tips is reported by the employer. That's not to say there isn't still cash tips but it's increasingly rare. I can go weeks without getting a single one

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Is it mayor Pete's plan to force all citizens into military service after high school? I heard that from someone but that seams crazy to me.

www.usatoday.com

Pete Buttigieg wants a national service program. Could it heal a divided country?

Democratic 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg says a national service program for young adults could help "social cohesion." Not all agree.

There's no way anyone would be cool with this after Vietnam even though this isn't necessarily military service. There's a reason we haven't had a draft since then.

Maybe I just freak from seeing what's happened to Cuba/ and Venezuela.

Both of those countries are totalitarian in nature. We could go through many countries that are more capitalist in nature that have struggled with totalitarianism as well. Hell it's not like Russia is communist anymore, neither is China really.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Imagine working with the Obama administration
to being begged by Sanders to run
to being the plans candidate
to backing up Sanders in the early debates
to attacking Sanders for a thing that your own people claim wasn't said
to being left out in the cold by everyone for your own actions
to taking super pac money after fighting against super pacs three weeks ago
to staying in the race just to hurt the one person who has spent this entire primary cycle avoiding you and looking into giving you unprecedented power in their administration.

Imagine being that person.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Warren Reminder:

Her only plan now is to siphon progressive voters from Sanders and hope that she somehow comes out on top during a brokered convention she's is aiming for.

But yeah, back to this real quick: what the hell is the thinking? No one is going to pick her in that scenario.

"Hey, let's give it to the person that's neither winning nor pushing our establishment agenda!" -No one

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
www.usatoday.com

Pete Buttigieg wants a national service program. Could it heal a divided country?

Democratic 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg says a national service program for young adults could help "social cohesion." Not all agree.

There's no way anyone would be cool with this after Vietnam even though this isn't necessarily military service. There's a reason we haven't had a draft since then.

What does Vietnam have to do with a National Civil Service program? He's not forcing people to fight in wars.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Imagine working with the Obama administration
to being begged by Sanders to run
to being the plans candidate
to backing up Sanders in the early debates
to attacking Sanders for a thing that your own people claim wasn't said
to being left out in the cold by everyone for your own actions
to taking super pac money after fighting against super pacs three weeks ago
to staying in the race just to hurt the one person who has spent this entire primary cycle avoiding you and looking into giving you unprecedented power in their administration.

Imagine being that person.

It's genuinely disgusting. I defended Warren a good deal in the last thread, and I take it all back.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Liz must know if it comes down to the smoke filled room at the convention they are not picking her for POTUS or VP.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Most of the Democratic candidates fight for positions that I do believe in though, to varying degrees.
If this is the case, why would you put your faith in candidates that receive more money from lobbied interests (relative to how much you personally believe it changes policy positions)? Is it just from a feeling that they're all moral people who believe in these positions from their understanding of the world?

At the end of the day, you reduce this conversation into a nothing burger when one candidate should objectively give you the most confidence to fight for the positions you believe every candidate has even if that factor is small.

Personally, why would I put my faith in someone like Biden who has bragged about cutting social security? Who did more than vote for the crime bill (wrote it meaning he believed in everything the bill offered), who has multiple sexual harassment allegations, who has a worse foreign policy record, and who generally has been forced to move to the left because the base of the party moves him left?

None of this matters though because legislation will be the same, which means that for some reason we should still prefer someone other than Bernie based on things that you said don't matter.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
I'm starting to think the 538 model might not be so trustworthy considering how volatile it is.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
And it would lag more under Republican leadership and total control. Just like your Cush union retirement plan.

How do you not grasp this?
Look I live in California which is the worst state in the country for poor people probably. Worst homeless rate in the country. I also believe California has the worst debt. California has been a dem state for what 30 years? Then I think what's the best state to live in financially. Texas comes straight to mind. Texas probably being the most republican.

Maybe someone could educate me as to why the most dem state is the worst off for the poorest people. That's a serious question btw.

I look at the poor situation here and think maybe the more government try's to help people the more it enables them. Maybe I'm totally wrong there idk.

I don't hate my union either. If I did wouldn't I have left? I did a non union apprenticeship. And then later joined the union. If I hated my union I wouldn't be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.