• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna link Paul Joseph Watson and Blaire White next?

Oh maybe Colin Moriarty

What right wing shit bag gets posted on Resetera next? Let's find out!

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be pretty clear and say I think you're not in any good faith making this argument.

Both Bernie and Biden will likely die in the next five years, both are egomaniacs who think they can't die and hurt the party by running and sucking all the oxygen out of the room for other candidates. I expect Biden to win and either die in office or not run for a second term and both scenarios are bad for the country and very bad for the Democratic Party.

However, if Bernie had become the president, I also think he would have died in office and that would have been bad for the country and very bad for the party and I don't think you would make the argument for a second that Bernie should be replaced by the DNC despite being supported by 60-65% of the voters.

It's not the same thing. Bernie is "old" but no one is really that concerned about his health. Let's say he does have a heart problem and he dies from a heart attack at some point. In the mean time that wouldn't impact his ability to govern. If Biden does have a health problem, and it impacts his cognitive abilities that would impact his ability to govern.

Like yeah sure that's why we have VPs, but it's wild to me to nominate a guy and be like, "oh yeah he's a wreck but the VP is good so it'll be ok."

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, and here I thought it was the millions of people across the country ranging in income, ethnicity and gender who actually vote for "my" party that made up the foundation.
well I was going to say establishment but you guys have really disgustingly tried to twist that to mean "black voters" so I went with something else.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the same thing. Bernie is "old" but no one is really that concerned about his health. Let's say he does have a heart problem and he dies from a heart attack at some point. In the mean time that wouldn't impact his ability to govern. If Biden does have a health problem, and it impacts his cognitive abilities that would impact his ability to govern.

Like yeah sure that's why we have VPs, but it's wild to me to nominate a guy and be like, "oh yeah he's a wreck but the VP is good so it'll be ok."

I dunno. Did you see the last debate where Sanders kept calling coronavirus Ebola? He's just not as sharp as he used to be.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Speak for yourself. Dude would be 79 going into office and just had a heart attack.

Both candidates are too old.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
well I was going to stay establishment but you guys have really disgustingly tried to twist that to mean "black voters" so I went with something else.

Are you actually capable of making a single valid argument, or is everything just sweeping generalizations based on your own preconceived perceptions? Who are these "you guys" I am supposedly a member of?

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Seems a bit cynical to me, but Pete being a racist and Amy being violent staff abuser might have a bit to do with it as well. Real fucked up that no one really still mentions the latter.

It isn't cynical to recognize and understand how important name recognition is when to comes to politics. When people like Biden and Bernie run they suck all of the oxygen out of the room and make it harder for relative unknowns to make a name for themselves. It takes an exceptional person to break through that and win despite almost no one knowing who they were beforehand (i.e. Obama).

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
It isn't cynical to recognize and understand how important name recognition is when to comes to politics. When people like Biden and Bernie run they suck all of the oxygen out of the room and make it harder for relative unknowns to make a name for themselves. It takes an exceptional person to break through that and win despite almost no one knowing who they were beforehand (i.e. Obama).

yup good point.

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
This Sanders livestream is interesting. Dr. Rishi Desai, who was an Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer at the CDC, supports UBI.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
it was posted via a dave rubin tweet above so i thought it was doctored but turns out it's actually real. holy shit

abcnews.go.com

Joe Biden urges Trump, Americans to 'listen to the doctors' like Fauci on coronavirus

Former Vice President Joe Biden joined ABC's "The View" on Tuesday to discuss President Donald Trump's handling of the chaos surrounding the novel coronavirus pandemic.

"We have to take care of the cure. That will make the problem worse no matter what," he said. "No matter what. We know what has to be done."
it's so weird. in most parts of the interview he seems lucid, then he just sometimes goes off into unintelligible ramblings

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of right wing garbage that gets posted here is incredibly revealing.

I wonder whether these are staples of the media posters here consume or if "winning" is so important they're willing to go to any lengths to make their conspiracy theories a reality.

It's something that, I would hope, would make one reconsider their train of thought and how antithetical they are to the causes they proclaim they champion.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

I wonder whether these are staples of the media posters here consume or if "winning" is so important they're willing to go to any lengths to make their conspiracy theories a reality.

It's something that, I would hope, would make one reconsider their train of thought and how antithetical they are to the causes they proclaim they champion.
is abc news right wing garbage

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): ignoring the modpost in regards to hostility

Just @ the fucking Rubin poster instead of painting with a broad brush and wasting the time of everyone who still reads your posts.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama should just endorse Biden and slam the door shut on this shit. Bernie continuing does nothing but help Trump.

If Biden has a strong case for why he should be president another couple months of primary campaigning will make no difference in the general election.

Why is why posters are calling for Bernie to drop out, because Biden doesn't have a strong case.

Oct 27, 2017
is abc news right wing garbage
Whataboutism isn't a defense for the dozens of right wing Twitter and YouTube accounts that have been cited in this thread over the past month. Sorry.

Just @ the fucking Rubin poster instead of painting with a broad brush and wasting the time of everyone who still reads your posts.

It's a recurring problem. The Rubin tweet wasn't the first time this has happened.

The personal ad hominem is a good look though and straight out of the playbook post SC. Who are you? Don't have time for the juvenile attacks, sorry.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
it was posted via a dave rubin tweet above so i thought it was doctored but turns out it's actually real. holy shit

abcnews.go.com

Joe Biden urges Trump, Americans to 'listen to the doctors' like Fauci on coronavirus

Former Vice President Joe Biden joined ABC's "The View" on Tuesday to discuss President Donald Trump's handling of the chaos surrounding the novel coronavirus pandemic.

it's so weird. in most parts of the interview he seems lucid, then he just sometimes goes off into unintelligible ramblings

When prompted, Biden pushed back on President Donald Trump's argument that "the cure cannot be worse ... than the problem." He said the focus of the response has to remain on flattening "the curve" and taking steps to curb the spread of the virus.

"We have to take care of the cure. That will make the problem worse no matter what," he said. "No matter what. We know what has to be done."

What's the issue here?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

what does the above even mean. it sounds like the incoherent ramblings in trump interviews transcribed word-for-word

Seems like he's saying we have to find a cure or else we'll be seeing the problem get worse no matter what other actions we take.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

what does the above even mean. it sounds like the incoherent ramblings in trump interviews transcribed word-for-word
Seems like he's saying we have to find a cure or else we'll be seeing the problem get worse no matter what other actions we take.
He's responding to Donald's "We can't have the cure be worse than the problem." The "cure" that Donald/MAGA is referencing is the current response of social distancing and shutting down non-essential services.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
He's responding to Donald's "We can't have the cure be worse than the problem." The "cure" that Donald/MAGA is referencing is the current response of social distancing and shutting down non-essential services.
the way he's phrasing it he seems to agree with donald trump? i don't think it's his intention, but if i were to read or hear those words without knowing his stance beforehand i'd think he was emphatically explaining how the cure makes the problem worse

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
the way he's phrasing it he seems to agree with donald trump? i don't think it's his intention, but if i were to read or hear those words without knowing his stance beforehand i'd think he was emphatically explaining how the cure makes the problem worse
Trump used a common turn of phrase with "the cure can't be worse than the problem/disease". Biden's response works with prior understanding of that expression, as he's saying we need to take care of the cure, not bargain with how much we're willing to pay for it, as that will make the problem worse no matter what.

Its pretty straight forward, but just further proof that the vernacular people used to talk with have been lost on the last couple generations who spend time online where verbal turns of phrase have been replaced with meme references.

In 30 years a candidate is going to make reference to a burning room as "this is fine" and 20-somethings then are going to assume the person saying it is mentally disabled.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Trump used a common turn of phrase with "the cure can't be worse than the problem/disease". Biden's response works with prior understanding of that expression, as he's saying we need to take care of the cure, not bargain with how much we're willing to pay for it, as that will make the problem worse no matter what.

Its pretty straight forward, but just further proof that the vernacular people used to talk with have been lost on the last couple generations who spend time online where verbal turns of phrase have been replaced with meme references.

In 30 years a candidate is going to make reference to a burning room as "this is fine" and 20-somethings then are going to assume the person saying it is mentally disabled.
I understand the vernacular perfectly. I'm feeling gaslighted right now.

The problem I have is with how his sentences connect.

"We have to take care of the cure. That will make the problem worse no matter what,"

--> implies that the cure in fact is worse than the disease

The way to say what he's probably trying to say is

"We have to take care of the cure. FAILING TO DO SO would make the problem worse, no matter what"

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
It's like every week a new set come in to do this schtick.
lol 10% of my posts are in this thread

report me if you think i'm trolling

this is bad optics and it's reasonable to be worried that after south carolina things moved too fast

this isn't even a bernie thing, it is about beating trump now and not being honest about biden's shortcomings is a bad idea.

I'm not the biggest fan of Biden but replacing the dude who overwhelmingly won the primary seems like a great idea for a GE disaster
obviously don't force him out, he'd have to be on board

but these conversations are most certainly going on, if for no other reason then out of an abundance of caution

Last edited:

less

Oct 25, 2017
but these conversations are most certainly going on, if for no other reason then out of an abundance of caution

No, they aren't going on as Biden has proven again and again that he still can think clearly and reason well enough. Sure, he fucks up here and there but he has been fucking up for a long time. It's over. Biden is our nominee and the only thing preventing it from being official is that Bernie was doesn't want to make his staggering defeat official at his point.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
lol 10% of my posts are in this thread

report me if you think i'm trolling

this is bad optics and it's reasonable to be worried that after south carolina things moved too fast

this isn't even a bernie thing, it is about beating trump now and not being honest about biden's shortcomings is a bad idea.

obviously don't force him out, he'd have to be on board

It's not bad optics it's bad internet.

And what your saying has no basis in reality.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
I will say once again: Bernie Sanders is all about Bernie Sanders. What he's doing now is actually selfish - he really expects me to drag myself outside to vote in the midst of a pandemic just to finally shut the door on his desperate quixotic bid? What the hell is the point of dragging this out any longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.