• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
"I wish all the primaries would just go on the same day"

giphy.gif

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Let's not act surprised he is going to stay as long as he can regardless of the math. We literally had memes about this in 2016. Hes the same candidate. We knew he would do this. Can probably find predictions of me and others calling this over a year ago.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So I keep seeing these clips of these Biden interviews not really painting him in the best light, how have they been overall though?

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Biden has been looking really bad I dunno. Honestly even just the uncertainty at the moment is good enough reason for Sanders to linger around so that Biden can receive extra scrutiny. Democrats don't benefit form Joe going into hiding to avoid scrutiny and then getting annihilated by Trump in the general.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden has been looking really bad I dunno. Honestly even just the uncertainty at the moment is good enough reason for Sanders to linger around so that Biden can receive extra scrutiny. Democrats don't benefit form Joe going into hiding to avoid scrutiny and then getting annihilated by Trump in the general.
How would Trump "annihilate" him?

less

Oct 25, 2017
Is Biden even aware of what's happening? I feel like he should be all over the news.

Are we really still doing this? Even after he had a speech yesterday and has been on news channels these days?

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
How would Trump "annihilate" him?

He comes across as a confused old man instead of a confident world leader.

Seriously yeah I've watched some of the videos of the last few days. They aren't good.

Not saying it has to be Sanders (pick someone else at the convention?) but imo Democrats should be giving it some thought whether they wanna go with this guy.

As a Canadian I'm looking at this from the outside looking in. Kinda looks like a slow motion car crash.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
At the moment Trump of all people seems more lucid than the candidate the dems are gonna pick, which is like.... insane? How did we get to this point?

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the moment Trump of all people seems more lucid than the candidate the dems are gonna pick, which is like.... insane? How did we get to this point?
Maybe you should stop watching cherrypicked clips of Biden? Biden fared favorably in a debate against Sanders, he'll probably not crumble against someone several orders of magnitude dumber during the General Election. You could probably make me come across as senile if you clipped all my gaffes. Every time Donald opens his mouth, I become dumber. He never has any clue what he's talking about and unless he read off a teleprompter he couldn't give a coherent response to a question if his life depended on it.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get some of the things being said in this topic about Biden. I just watched a few videos of Biden from the last few days and he doesn't look or sound confused in any way. He's more somber than the current president is, but that isn't exactly a bad thing nor is it very hard. And I'm not sure what people expect him to do. He's not the president, he has no power in our government at the moment, and he's already said a few things about the virus. And yet he still has to fight this primary cause Sanders refuses to drop out. He can't really start hitting the president on anything yet either because it would probably be a bad look to start pointing out the president's faults while the president is "trying" to deal with a crisis. And I don't think the news stations will give him as much air time at the moment considering the lack of primaries (since they are all getting delayed) and lack of debates and his lack of power.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get some of the things being said in this topic about Biden. I just watched a few videos of Biden from the last few days and he doesn't look or sound confused in any way. He's more somber than the current president is, but that isn't exactly a bad thing nor is it very hard. And I'm not sure what people expect him to do. He's not the president, he has no power in our government at the moment, and he's already said a few things about the virus. And yet he still has to fight this primary cause Sanders refuses to drop out. He can't really start hitting the president on anything yet either because it would probably be a bad look to start pointing out the president's faults while the president is "trying" to deal with a crisis. And I don't think the news stations will give him as much air time at the moment considering the lack of primaries (since they are all getting delayed) and lack of debates and his lack of power.
This concern trolling and right wing conspiratorial hypothesizing about his mental faculties and health has been going on in this thread since South Carolina. It's incredibly transparent and not in good faith. He has been absolutely fine in his appearances and has no position or legislative ability that can tangibly affect anything at the moment. I am glad he's getting himself out there more and hope he'll be able to control the narrative and counter Trump's gaslighting however.

Best to just ignore it since it has no basis in reality and people are just angry that a candidate who couldn't turn out voters and completely ignored black voters isn't going to win the primary.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
"Now listen here Jack, my brain don't work and I routinely can't remember what words mean or complete my sentences, and I'm somehow going to win an election"

Every second I watch of this poor man is torture. I accepted defeat in November long ago but it's just going to be beamed directly into my brain 24/7 until it finally happens.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now listen here Jack, my brain don't work and I routinely can't remember what words mean or complete my sentences, and I'm somehow going to win an election
Don't worry dude, the media that's been giving him a pass this entire time definitely won't turn around in the general and let every single skeleton out of his closet. The campaign with zero ground game is going to take it all the way home.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Don't worry dude, the media that's been giving him a pass this entire time definitely won't turn around in the general and let every single skeleton out of his closet. The campaign with zero ground game is going to take it all the way home.
If you think the media was given him a pass after Iowa and Nevada then you don't know what a pass is.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
They do matter, but theres is a global pandemic and New York is one of the worst effected areas in the world. Also the primary is likely over at this point anyways. Those things matter too.
I half expect Trump to fuck around with Election Day's place on the calendar for the sake of "safety," depending on how this situation drags on.

And I'd expect the usual suspects in here to sing a pretty different tune about that.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I half expect Trump to fuck around with Election Day's place on the calendar for the sake of "safety," depending on how this situation drags on.

And I'd expect the usual suspects in here to sing a pretty different tune about that.
Well yeah. Trump is doing it lol. Safe to assume it isnt for any legit reason and only to corrode Democracy even further.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Best to just ignore it since it has no basis in reality

This is sadly where I am at with this thread as a whole. I hope Biden beats Trump but I learned from 2016 that following it all too closely isn't good for my health, too much stress. I guess I'll have to be surprised in November at the results cause I just can't do the same news and poll following I did then. Especially with a crisis giving Trump a bump in approval ratings (even though I know it's a superficial bump and even Bush went to like 90% post 9/11).

Ugh, we're so doomed come November.

This seems entirely the fault of delayed video on one or both ends.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a big flop, but man if I don't identify with that sentiment right now. Just...........eh.....

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This is sadly where I am at with this thread as a whole. I hope Biden beats Trump but I learned from 2016 that following it all too closely isn't good for my health, too much stress. I guess I'll have to be surprised in November at the results cause I just can't do the same news and poll following I did then. Especially with a crisis giving Trump a bump in approval ratings (even though I know it's a superficial bump and even Bush went to like 90% post 9/11).
Era in general can get really negative, so it's hard to follow threads like this at times. With elections there's a lot of biased/agenda filled info and misinformation online and in the media that add to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I still don't understand Trumps rise in polls.

If the sentiment is that we're in a crisis and people go, "Oh god! Wonder what the president is doing about this", then tune into the Coronavirus task force conferences where he is always the dumbest person on stage, let alone the room, and everyone else has to humor him.

May 26, 2018

If the sentiment is that we're in a crisis and people go, "Oh god! Wonder what the president is doing about this", then tune into every Coronavirus task force meeting where he is the stupidest person on stage, let alone the room, and everyone else has to humor him.

Because a lot of people don't see it that way. They see him being very positive and informative. We're the best, we can do the best, billions of dollars for millions of people, etc etc... most people don't know the environment this shit exists in, and now they're being forced to pay attention. It's like watching a show for the first time during the 8th season.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If the sentiment is that we're in a crisis and people go, "Oh god! Wonder what the president is doing about this", then tune into every Coronavirus task force conference where he is the stupidest person on stage, let alone the room, and everyone else has to humor him.
Rally around the flag effect in response to a crisis. You are seeing it worldwide, and also in US governor aapproval changes. It's normal. Macron is back above 50% ... . in FRANCE. It's temporary and not maintainable.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

If the sentiment is that we're in a crisis and people go, "Oh god! Wonder what the president is doing about this", then tune into the Coronavirus task force conferences where he is always the dumbest person on stage, let alone the room, and everyone else has to humor him.

They think he's gonna be sending everybody money

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
User Banned (1 month): ignoring the modpost in regards to metacommentary, prior ban for the same
Do down-ticket races no longer matter or something?

This thread is insufferable.
This thread calls Bernie selfish for being in the race and blaming him for putting people's lives in danger yet it was the Biden team that wanted people to go out and vote more so than the Bernie team. More progressives wanted to delay voting.

They blame him even though as you said down-ticket races will still mean the primary season goes on.

The hatred of Bernie is hilarious. And this continued fierce defending of him is baffling. This dude Biden already won. They don't need to bat for this buffoon, yet they still do despite claiming they wanted someone else to win. It's pop-gaf level tribalism where all that matters is "our team won so let's dunk on the more progressive politician." And yet they pretend to be progressives. But hey, they challenged that too because "actually, you're still a progressive by dunking on the progressive and going to bat for the non-progressive politician. Ackshually, who let you define progressivism?"

It's sad, but hilarious now that the primary is essentially over. It was only sad when this was still a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.