• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 9, 2018

Breaking this out from the debate thread because it is generating a legendary ratio. The context is that Ryan was owned by Bernie Sanders during the Democratic debate last night.

The quote tweets are very good.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Emoji_Icon_-_Clown_emoji_large.png

Oct 25, 2017
That is a spicy ratio.
Seems representatives with the name "Ryan" are all completely deaf and/or complete cowards.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i have to think there's someone on his staff deliberately sabotaging the campaign, no way anyone could think that makes him look anything but wholly pathetic

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Someone on his campaign team actually thought "this was your standout moment, Tim, we need to capitalize on this!"

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
That's his official fucking slogan? Now, of all times, is where he wants to tell everyone to 'just chill'?

Holy shit, I saw that online and thought it was people mocking the Democratic debate. I can't believe he's rolling with that.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
This is made 10 times more amazing by the fact that Ryan's campaign seems to think this is a smart move.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
can someone explain whats the deal?
Bernie dunked on him in the debate last night (look up "I wrote the damn bill" for some context") and one Ryan's retorts was "you don't have to yell, Bernie"

Ryan, instead of taking the loss, decided to try to turn his response into some weird sort of moralizing of speaking loudly during debates in hopes that it would alleviate some of his shame.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Good news is I've now heard of Tim Ryan! Bad news is that my first impression of him is that he's a sensitive clown.

The cycling-back good news is though is that that's apparently not disqualifying for being the POTUS!

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ryan is a sleeper agent designed to push the party left by being such a wet fart moderate also-ran

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
After years and years of conservative victories, "you don't have to yell" almost sounds like a conservative dog whistle

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this a joke post or are have you been living under a political rock for the past three years?

that american centric bullshit attitude damn.

Bernie dunked on him in the debate last night (look up "I wrote the damn bill" for some context") and one Ryan's retorts was "you don't have to yell, Bernie"

Ryan, instead of taking the loss, decided to try to turn his response into some weird sort of moralizing of speaking loudly during debates in hopes that it would alleviate some of his shame.

thanks, this is really funny

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
can someone explain whats the deal?
During the democratic debate, Bernie Sanders is... being Bernie, while in an exchange with Tim Ryan. To which he replies "You don't have to yell!" like an uncomfortable coworker during a night out who is upset that he's being berated.

Apparently he thought this was an amazing comment on his part, and decided to roll with it.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the 10 trillionth "When the Twitter mob came for me" op-ed in the NYT that he will write in the next week.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
this is a fucking clown show

"president ryan, the protests against your presidency have continued on for 3 months now, people are demanding that you listen to their concerns, what is your response to those who would criticism your performance so far?"

"they dont have to yell"

"..."

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked to hear this from Tim "The Taliban attacked us on 9/11" Ryan. Time to sit down Tim.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
that american centric bullshit attitude damn.

The whole world's gone crazy the past few years. Has nothing to do with america specifically. I'd like to think that with the recent rise of right wing extremism, anyone saying "let's not get loud about it" would be obviously in the wrong.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
He's just trying to recoup funds for his campaign with some meme stickers. He must recognize that it's stupid, right?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The whole world's gone crazy the past few years. Has nothing to do with america specifically. I'd like to think that with the recent rise of right wing extremism, anyone saying "let's not get loud about it" would be obviously in the wrong.

take a note of your fellow posters and how they explained what happened.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
The civility fetish is never gonna go away. Conservatives did a great job planting this seed into the liberal discussion.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can you imagine Tim's being the nominee and how he would respond to Trump?

Ryan: Donald, you don't have to yell at me or make mean jokes, we can be civil and talk over coffee.

Trump: Proceed to fling poo all over Ryan and he just sits there and takes it.

Ryan: Look how much of adult I am being, vote for me.