• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm digging the convention so far. It actually feels more modern and snappy in a way. It also seems like they can get in smaller stories easier.
I could care less about hearing from all these Republicans, but I do prefer this online format.

Fake Edit: Klobuchar is speaking now. I wish we could've forced her and Buttigieg to quarantine together as a reality T.V. series.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will people ever learn that Day 1 of these conventions is always devoted to moderates and reach across the aisle appeals because they know that genuine undecided voters only tune into day 1 so they push it all into 1 shitty night and don't poison the other nights when the important people speak?

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Exactly. They are trying to win the election. As they should. Swing voters aren't twitter lefties.
well yeah no shit, by definition swing voters between the two hegemonic parties are not on the left

but this isn't really about them

what about like the average american who can't afford a cross country flight on short notice

what about people living in communities de facto occupied by a militarized law enforcement

don't they deserve to have a pary which doesn't take them for granted and asks them to be okay with optics over results?

treating this like it's just twitter lefties being annoyed at not getting enough attention only serves to reveal how shallow and myopic your politics must be to think of these issues are not coming from a real place of injustice

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Will people ever learn that Day 1 of these conventions is always devoted to moderates and reach across the aisle appeals because they know that genuine undecided voters only tune into day 1 so they push it all into 1 shitty night and don't poison the other nights when the important people speak?

Moderates such as Bernie Sanders

Edit: From a POV from a European

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Trading in hundreds of thousands of lives for political capital isn't an argument I'm willing to entertain at this point. If you can't beat Trump because of your fear of pushing for universal coverage during covid will hurt you then serious changes need to be made because thats just shit messaging when the majority of republicans support m4a. Stop making excuses. Its another largely bipartisian issue dems are electing not to push for despite the fact its absolutely a human right and a necessity to save thousands and thousands of lives.
So you don't have an answer to my question.

But the reality is there's little evidence running on UHC in red districts/states would help Democrats win there, as evidenced by the absolute mountain of candidates that have gotten crushed while even trying. I also take issue with your framing, because while Republican voters support the concept of universal coverage, any plan to implement it is soundly rejected. You can tailor an opinion poll to skew results—hence why we see conflicting opinion polls on things like M4A, Public Option, and Universal Coverage, when they often overlap. I fail to see how a party focusing on healthcare reform when they don't have the power to change things right now is trading in hundreds of thousands of lives for political capital.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

This plus a lot of people who have never seen a convention before.

Nov 2, 2019
LMAO does this convention look like the way to progress to anyone? This would be an RNC convention in the 90's or 80's.

This was the RNC JUST 8 YEARS AGO...
2SQV6WGKMYWJ7QL57UOI4BA7VI.jpg

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
After a shaky first 20 minutes or so, this has gotten much better. Less music videos and more talk about issues is the way to go.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I too scream loudly about the people I disagree with who are saying "vote for Biden and get Trump out" but also refuse to vote themselves and have said as such then wonder why no one listens to them.

A mystery for the ages.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Sorry...this isn't a Pro Biden campaign for me. It's an anti-Trump campaign which I can get behind 100%.

I already know who I'm voting against. Joe Biden is the fortunate SOB that benefits from it. I'm ok with that.