• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 5, 2017
This is pretty well done, I think, it isn't as bad as I think some people were expecting. Let's just see how bad the RNC turns out to be next week. So far, so good I would say...

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
PARTY OF LINCOLN

TAKE A DRINK

why am I using my RNC bingo card for this

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
I am surprised they still wheel out Bill Clinton for these things. The only people who still care about him are the ones who think he was in deep with Epstein.

Oh look, Kasich has a crossroads gimmick.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Man if this mother fucker loses like 435-88 it'd be great. Destroy him and bury his ideology, and make sure any people who follow him understand his path is one to being a loser and never in real power.

time for this to happen:
8k5i6bhuctr31.jpg

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
It's not like they are using this to promote conservatism- they're trying to promote unity here.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Trump will not like this segment. Can't wait for the Twitter outbreak.

I'm ok with Kasich, and other Republicans speaking on behalf of Biden. Respect is important. Biden is right for this moment.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's good to have him supporting Biden in this particular election, but fuck John Kasich.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Joe already said even if m4a were passed he wouldn't pass it. DNC decided not to make it part of their platform for 2020. During a historic pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Theres not having the means, and then theres not even showing up to the table with the possibility.
Joe Biden is and has been for UHC from the beginning, and that's not what the party platform means. You're also omitting some serious context from his statement—which was that if a M4A bill came through that didn't ensure no lapses in coverage he would have issues signing it, because he didn't want people thrown off their health insurance plans while waiting for the roll out. The party platform is the base expectation of a "Democrat", and that includes people in deep red districts and states that cannot be as progressive as members in places like NYC and LA. It doesn't mean a vast majority of Democrats don't support UHC, it just means they don't have to campaign on it in more red districts.

Even if they had included it, your argument was they aren't passing it now. How do they pass it now?

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Bold of the Democrats to go ahead and nominate John Kasich for president. "No one person or party has all the answers" please go away now.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
"Not All Republicans"

Brings in John Kasich
Not a fan of his politics whatsoever, but he's definitely one of the more sane prominent GOPers these day when you pit him against the likes of Ted Cruz and Trump. This election is very much supposed to be a realignment of the Overton Window from the far right and if that means some Repubs come under our tent then... eh. Sure as hell beats the Tea Party nutjobs

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, Kasich. Say it! SAY IT.

goddammit, he did not say 'I will vote for Joe'

edit: not that it was a bad speech, but it was very much aimed at Republicans coming over to the good side.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Not a fan of his politics whatsoever, but he's definitely one of the more sane prominent GOPers these day when you pit him against the likes of Ted Cruz and Trump.
Right now he is for sure but I remember how shit he was in 2016 running, also bringing his family into politics as a shield. He definitely hates Trump because Trump is pulling too Right too quickly, but he doesn't hate many of Trump's policies.