• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
I kinda wish they were streaming the conventions on Twitch like they did last time. Twitch chat keeps things interesting. But it wouldn't really be the same without the live audience anyway, and it must've been a huge headache for chat moderators. Still, I hope they try it again in four years.
is this on twitch? i need to see PogChamps and BibleThumps

There are several streamers watching it live with thousands of viewers. Just go to Just Chatting and pick a streamer you like.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The stuff they're saying is so transparently for soundbites that I don't think people can really muster emotion about things like that lol

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Uh oh, I expect some to respond negatively to "most cops are good cops" from Biden.

Lol, you know it's live when Clyburn started too early.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They have already talked extensively about police reform and had panels with black leaders, they have had George Floyd's family on, they have had Eric Garner's mom on. They are on message. That is one still taken from a 4-minute video.

Excellent they are working on that platform, but they probably need a better video editor then. In a final cut you really want to drop footage that has no bearing on the message overall, or works to counteract it. The police aren't friends to their communities in any shape or form and displaying as such is just propaganda tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the one-on-one talks without a crowd are probably for the best. Why would a country so firmly isolated right now want to pretend it can have crowds?

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
"most cops are good"
I can suddenly hear a bunch of Twitter keyboard warriors getting real angry

As they fucking should. NYPD union chief endorsing Trump while police have been ignoring Proud Boys attacking protesters are not "good" imo. Enough of this narrative already. It is standing in the way of actual change. Are we gonna break up police unions, end qualified immunity, or ACTUALLY PROSECUTE THE POLICE. If most of them are "good"? No, America has proven they will let "bad" cops go as long as nothing happens to the "good" ones. Which is bullshit cause they keep killing people.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
i-1-90539400-biden-harris-logo.jpg

Vote vote vote!
+1. Love the logo.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh a boring meaningless convention like this is relaxing compared to what the RNC will probably stir up with it's podium banging when it gets to it.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Nice, I see Maggie Rogers will be performing sometime tonight.

Cuomo's speech is good. Strong plea for a competent government.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It feels like a Nintendo direct. It's lacking the energy without a crowd, but I understand this is necessary and it's the safe and right thing to do.