• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the nostalgia, ERA! Since there are no movies anymore, it's been a while since I watched something and thought it was good until jumping in the OT and finding out I should hate it instead.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Is this supposed to be live? I though folks like AOC pre-recorded their things. The switching is bad.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember from the 2016 convention it was the mayor of Philadelphia who told the delegates to cast their votes for VP/P. Wonder how it's gonna work here

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
They could have added it like in hockey and basketball
BahMrqMCcAAocSs.jpg

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish they were streaming the conventions on Twitch like they did last time. Twitch chat keeps things interesting. But it wouldn't really be the same without the live audience anyway, and it must've been a huge headache for chat moderators. Still, I hope they try it again in four years.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I mean I don't really care about the musical numbers, but who the hell is doing the editing at ABC? Just cut to commercial right in the middle of it

Oct 29, 2017
So the first hour is like a pre-show, and the second hour is when all the headliners speak? Is that why the second hour is on all the networks but not the first hour? Am I correct? If so, I think I'm only going to tune in for the second hour each night.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
for a virtual con and setting expectations given previous DNC's, this has been a pretty solid start... the messaging has been good thus far

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And some of you were mad all the speakers were getting 1-2 mins.

lol ain't watching a 1 hour long zoom speech.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting George Floyd's family might as well be the one and done as far as I'm concerned. Jon Stewart is probably right, this is going to be a presidency of dealing with grief, and it needs doing.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
it was in a montage/campaign video, it contained like 4 seconds of cops interacitng in a positive manner with protestors/nurses.... the theme of the video was rising up from negativity.

Which is an interesting thing to do considering the "negativity" is due mostly in large to the police force and the support/power it has.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Which is an interesting thing to do considering the "negativity" is due mostly in large to the police force and the support/power it has.
They have already talked extensively about police reform and had panels with black leaders, they have had George Floyd's family on, they have had Eric Garner's mom on. They are on message. That is one still taken from a 4-minute video.

Best not to comment much unless you are watching. It's easy to cherry-pick.